Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Star, day 6 indeed feels great. I am also of to work soon and will check on posts later this evening. It's a great feeling being alive and sober. I can actually hear my thoughts and they are GOOD ones. Have a great day Nesters. I feel good:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon nesters

Lucky, it's great to have you here and you sound so positive! You SHOULD feel good, well done!

Star, well done on day 6 :goodjob:

NS, that was a great post, thank you, especially for this

It isn't worth the risk of harming yourself or someone else - especially since you know you are going to do this eventually. To be done with thinking about alcohol essentially all the time, as I bet you are now, is such a great gift that is in your power to give yourself
      I'm having a day off from the gym today but I am going to do some yoga and meditation then off to a meeting later. Feeling positive, upbeat, and happy to be alive and sober! :h
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
        Cold here....mid 30's. Took down most of my garden yesterday...left a few things that will go until a hard freeze but I miss it already...fresh tomatoes and greens for my smoothie...mmmmmm
        Puppy training tonight and pay bills today.

It makes such a difference in what I accomplish every day now that I am in the moment and not trying to recover from the night before...I feel like I wasted so many years on what? AL? So not worth it looking back but I can not change that I can only live in the now and look forward to the AL free future.
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Halo! You sound great too! I am so happy for all of us- beating this beast! And I am so thankful for the support we get here in the nest. Have a great day
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 11! Broken Halo I believe you are the same so congrats to us! Great job to Star and lucky flower. If we can continue to post and remind ourself it is truly about one day at a time we can continue ot get through this. Feeling very blessed to be feeling so good! Byrd lady always love your inspiring post!
            DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

FIN!!!

So happy to see you! I think of you A LOT (not in a creepy stalker-ish kind of way ) I hope things are going well for you. Please don't be a stranger!

Hi to all the other Nesties...I was out "sick" yesterday (ahem), but I amazingly feel much better today! :H

Now I need to catch up around here. Welcome to all the Newbies, we're glad you're here!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep up the great work, D.W.
                One day at a time is right. With the morning I have had, if it weren't for this nest, I'm afraid I would have been drinking my lunch :upset:
                It's okay now...just ate my soup and crackers and will read a bit and gather strength for the afternoon.....thanks for being here :l
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Sugar, this was the message I was trying to bring to Rahul but you hit the nail on the head with far fewer words and in a much more powerful way. Well stated
                  Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick note to say welcome back to Fin -- look forward to seeing you on the roll call!

Warmest
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters

Glad to be home on this cold, cold October night! Today has been a really good day. As some of you know I have been attending a lot of AA meetings . I really was struggling with the whole 'higher power' thing, because I have been an atheist for most of my adult life.

I spoke to one of my AA friends about this tonight. She asked me what kept me coming back to meetings and I answered honestly. The friendship, the fellowship, the feeling of belonging. The shared experience, the face to face honesty, the knowledge that every single person has had the same struggle with alcohol.

She just shrugged and smiled. And I got it. That is my higher power. The people who have gone out of their way to help me, the great pulsing surge of humanity. The flaws, the victories, the human decency. The urge and the will to never give up and to live a sober and decent life by helping ourselves and others.

I can't seem to find a word to quantify it, but I now know what my higher power is.
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1572704 wrote:

I can't seem to find a word to quantify it, but I now know what my higher power is.
                        This often is considered a religious term but I think it describes what you are feeling and the first definition is secular:

Communion
                        1. The act or an instance of sharing, as of thoughts or feelings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1572706 wrote: This often is considered a religious term but I think it describes what you are feeling and the first definition is secular:

Communion
                          1. The act or an instance of sharing, as of thoughts or feelings.
                          Thanks NS, I think that's it exactly. And not in a religious sense.

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's very cool, BH!
                            Believe it or not, NoSugar is the first person I ever spoke to out loud about drinking! It was refreshing, scary, and reassuring all at the same time. To make a connection with people who absolutely know how the addiction works is powerful. I'm so glad you are finding the support you need!

Fin, we have another boat builder with us....I'm sure Gambler would love to see the boat you have made!! She was a bute.....ehehe, a bute of a boat!

Hope everyone has a safe and easy night in the nest...here's the Butt Velcro!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, The relief I felt at finally speaking the truth out loud to another person who understood me was unbelievable! It offered a glimpse of what BHalo and others here find in AA or other in-person meetings. That must be wonderful. We damage ourselves so much by keeping all the shame and fear inside! An actual hug would be nice but for now, :l.

The MWO Skype group probably is having a similar experience. Are any Nesters doing that? How do you like it? Do you type or speak? And how many can be on at once? I've done group video-calls using Google Plus which can handle up to 10 people at once but I'm not quite sure how Skype works for groups.

We are missing some Nesters lately like Available and ICan - or did I miss some posts?

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good evening and that those in the US are enjoying some baseball!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Just came home from work. I had been thinking about you guys all day long. This is all new to me and I cannot believe that I had waited so long to receive all the support with MWO. I was aware of the forum a few years back but never had the "balls" to enter myself. Honestly, it was the shame. I never thought this platform will be efficient for me. So all I did was reading from time to time (on my shitty hang over days) and promise myself to quit..
                                I don't know what made me think that I can do it on my own. How stupid was it not to use the help and support???. I mean of course I am doing it on my own: taking different routes from the liquor store, not having any AL in the house, not drinking, voiding the thoughts of craving but still having you guys in my life now is such a huge relieve. I am also "dealing" with this on my own. AL is my best kept secret. It is like I am living a double life. I think that it is easier for single people cause no one really knows what happens behind closed doors. There is really no one to see us when we really get fu**d up. I just wanted to say thank you all. Being here really softens the struggle.:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X