Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1573113 wrote: How long does it take for the brain to stop thinking about the 'wild and fun' nights you have had on booze?

Generally when my body is feeling better after a social binge my brain starts to think about going out partying more. I know it is trying to trick me. And make me feel jealous when I see friends are out together 'living it up'

I have to remind myself that I am never going to progress in life if I keep drinking in the weekend.

(Note the use of ' ')
    Hi Londoner; I quit the day after you, so we're kindred spirits in my twisted mind. I stopped smoking about 20 years ago. I smoke in my dreams. I still occasionally fantasize about smoking just occasionally and not being an addicted chain smoker. I am grateful that I am so 'new' to sobriety. Just 2 weekends ago I was out on a 'wild and fun' binge - but it wasn't wild or fun. I was drunk, still talking, drinking, dancing, yet totally blacked out. I'm told there was a birthday cake, people sang, I opened gifts, we danced, I bought several rounds. Don't remember any of it - wonder if I had a good time? When I'm honest with myself - it wasn't fun or any of the exciting adjectives we attribute to partying or having cocktails. I was miserable the next day, hungover, remorseful, depressed - and thinking about having my next drink. And I did it all over again that night.

I saw the cycle and realized it wasn't fun. I am not drinking today. I tell myself this every day. I do think about drinking - the minute I start glamorizing it or even think about it - I either kick it out of my end or I'm lost and back on the . . . (what do you call that thing that caged mice run on that goes around and around???). THAT.

One drink is going to do nothing for me. One is never enough. I have never had just ONE. or just TWO. So, why bother?

Since I'm rambling (as I've been known to do), once I put it out of my mind - the drama is over. I am no longer in agony with thoughts of having a drink, buying a bottle, going out for drinks, talking myself into it, talking myself out of it, rationalizing and justifying. I'm just not and the conversation is over. It really is freedom. I hope you find some.
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is the site having trouble? Just testing...I'm already having withdrawals from not being able to post for the next few days! UGG....Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can see u now....but my post is stuck on the general thread.
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

The site looks OK to me Byrdie

NS - CONGRATS to you on your 9 AF months :wd:
          You're right, it IS a long time. Just wait until you feel that enormous sense of pride when you hit 1 year!!!

Hello & welcome back j-vo!
          Did you put a good plan together for yourself? Stick close to the nest 7 let us know what's going on. Wishing you the best

I hope everyone has a safe & cozy night in the nest. It's near freezing in my portion of the nest!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dot, sorry you got stuck....BTW, I love your signature line and date!! I hope you are as proud of that date as I am of mine! It has proven to be a big day in my life!!
            Lav...cuddle close with those chickens, it's COLD out!!! Brrrrr....the weather sure has been wacky....rain, then just COLD! Yuck! Give all the girls a hug from Aunt B!!! XXOO
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

No sugar congratulations on 90 days. You are so inspirational.:wave:
              star 7 days is wonderful. You are doing great.
              Bhalo I enjoyed hearing about your dieting. The part about people not knowing you before losing weight and knowing that there will come a day when people will never realize the drinking stays with me.
              Rahul you will definitely win the war with that attitude. Keep fighting.
              Have a great af night all.
              I will miss your posts Byrdie but I hope you enjoy your guest.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

My day 2 begins.

Byrdlady we will miss your post do take few minutes and post you inspire all if us.
                Nosugar we'll don't on 90 days , keep it up fight.

Have a nice sober day. I have plans to go for a "conference with dinner and cocktail" . I will don't drink there.
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

NS, Great job on 90 days! whoop!
                  Star, 7 days fantastic!
                  With Byrdie gone, got to work on my attitude of gratitude or "Lavatitude" as it's called around here (stealing this from Star).
                  Thanks for picking up the slack Lav, as if you've ever been lackiing. LOL. Couple of tough old birds in the nest here. (no offense intended, I know I need my ass velcroed on a daily basis!) Thanks for the support!
                  I am thankful every day for everyone here in the nest offering support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yippie today is a special day for me. 6 months af. Free!!
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mr V, good to see you

LB, well done on 6 months, that is fantastic! I am so grateful to have you here in the nest with us, you inspire me. :goodjob:
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS ON 6 MONTHS AF, LITTLE BEAGLE!

You've done this in spite of some really challenging hurdles and with kind words of encouragement for everyone here.
                        We are so lucky to have you in the nest!

Like substitute teachers, I don't know all the rules so this is what I found for your personal 6-month achievement award:
                        awprint:awprint:awprint:awprint:awprint:awprint:

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LB congratulations on your 6 months!!

NS, congratulations on your 9 months!!

I'm so happy for you both!

Hi Starfish, wonderful to see you again! Great job on your 7 days!
                          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1573190 wrote: Hello Nesters,

My day 2 begins.

Byrdlady we will miss your post do take few minutes and post you inspire all if us.
                            Nosugar we'll don't on 90 days , keep it up fight.

Have a nice sober day. I have plans to go for a "conference with dinner and cocktail" . I will don't drink there.
                            Rahul - thinking of you and really wishing you freedom and peace. You can do it. There are all these 90 day, 6 month, and day to day victories to draw from. We can both do it. ODAT. I'm not drinking today.
                            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & TGIF

CONGRATS to you LB - 6 AF months is awesome :yay:
                              It's wonderful feeling like a brand new person, don't you think?
                              CONGRATS again to NS on an awesome 9 AF months!

The Nest is obviously still an effective tool helping folks reach their goals
                              Stick around newbies, this is a great place.

Have a great AF Friday everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1573329 wrote: Yippie today is a special day for me. 6 months af. Free!!
                                That is so fantastic! I want what you have. Thank you so much for the inspiration. When I hit my 6 months - you will be nearly a year AF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X