Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all nesters,
    I've been reading through today's posts while writing everyone's names down. I think this might help me, but there are lots! It's like walking into a new class. A bit overwhelming, but nice to see such a nice crowd of support. I look forward to getting to know you. I'm on Day 5.

A little about myself. I've been struggling for quite some time. Long before I came to MWO. As you can see, my join date is more than 5 years ago. So it's been of, on, AA, meds, sups, book after book. I'm almost 49 and my one goal is to enjoy a peaceful life filled with the simple joys. I'd love to have the energy to work out and work on my peace of mind. So this is where I am. Just starting out again.

I'm Strong and In Control - I know this is always a hard thing. I've quit many times and come up with some pretty stupid responses. But Free At Last - love the Hot Flashes! I WILL use that one! Sweet! I'm just at the perfect age to be able to use that. Thank you!

Congrats to NB on 6 months and Congrats to No Sugar on 9. Hope to be there in 6 and 9! I wrote down about 18 names from today's posts. To everyone here, thank you for welcoming me into the nest. I hope to be here everyday to give and receive support. Happy Friday all. Oh, I'm gonna practice a quote before I leave, because I was wandering about that...here goes.

Have a very happy AF Friday everyone!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw, it didn't work! Under options, "quote message in reply" didn't work for me. Did I do something wrong? I'll try again tomorrow.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strong..... you could suggest to those that ask, that your blood sugar is up and your physician is concerned about Diabetes II... the medication your doctor would likely put you on at the beginning would be Metformin.. Metformin and alcohol do NOT mix... I can upload photos if you'd like... Kidding!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

The whole evening got away from me, busy working on Halloween costumes for my grandsons. Do I have an exciting life or what? :H
          Actually I am extremely grateful to be clear headed enough to do this for them.

Wine used to fuel up some awful hot flashes for me, especially red wine! That's a terrific excuse to use & it's 100% true

available, you absolutely have to put your foot down with all the beggars, moaners & groaners :bat Give them a big, fat dose of Lavan-ittude while you're at it :H
          Protect yourself, you quit & your sanity!!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 13!!!!

MAE Nesters

Coffee is ready whenever you are. Overcast and rainy - summer seems to have gone into hiding.

Hope everybody had a relaxing AF Friday evening. Movie night went well: I took some fizzy fruit drink, and managed to let it fizz all over myself and the coffee table when I opened the bottle, then stumbled over the hosts' dog when I when I went to the kitchen for a dishcloth to clear up the mess. This girl may be AF, but she's still klutzy:H

Welcome J-vo! Click on Quote in the message that you want to quote - that should work. Still haven't been able to figure out how to do multiple quotes. Capital G Gamblin' Dave, could you pretty please explain how to do it - but s l o w l y?

Avail, there's a lot happening in your life - getting some me-time is nothing to feel guilty about. Put that foot down solidly!

LB
            , I too would love to live on the beach too - the sound of the waves are so soothing.

All the other Nesters, and especially those doing a first AF Weekend: :l:l
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters

Thanks for the coffee DTD, just what I needed.

Woke up with a hangover of the food kind. Dinner was so good last night! We had tapas and I just had to try EVERYTHING! (no sangria though, sparkling water instead!)

I went for a run to try to redeem myself this morning. You can do that when you are sober

Available, it does sound like a very emotional time for you. Take good care of yourself in the run up to the wedding :l

I have some chores to do around the house today but don't plan on doing anything too taxing. I also have an AA meeting lined up for tonight.

Wishing everyone a fabulous and sober weekend :h
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                Way too early for me to be up but promised to help with an event at church
                ....wont do this again..zzzz
                Started the roll call for the first time ever....
                Well off I go..will check back later.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

28 frosty degrees here in my portion of the nest this morning. Looks like the sun will warm things up nicely

I'm not a fan of super early morning either Dottie - hope your day goes well

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Saturday.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone (I'm so glad to finally know what that means:H)

Delicious coffee, DTD..I have blueberry cheesecake muffins if anyone would like one- warm from the oven.

I have a big day myself, but just wanted to check in and let everyone know I am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. Everyone sounds great!

Oh, and I have used the hot flash excuse before myself...and as Lav says...it's TRUE!

BH- great job at the tapas bar! I wish I were a runner...just cant do it :upset:

So glad you're back J-vo :l

Avail- That's great advice about putting your foot down! Sometimes, we need to learn to put ourselves first...I think that's an important step in staying sober. It's difficult for us sometimes, because our general tendency is to care for others first, but if we don't take care of ourselves- who will?

L.B.- Sounds like you are having some well-deserved fun there. Wish I could go

Well, gotta run off for a bit! We have the big homecoming dance tonight and have tons of things to do to get ready.

(Miss you Byrdie and hope you are enjoying your company)

:h Star
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1573848 wrote: morning nesters

Thanks for the coffee DTD, just what I needed.

Woke up with a hangover of the food kind. Dinner was so good last night! We had tapas and I just had to try EVERYTHING! (no sangria though, sparkling water instead!)

I went for a run to try to redeem myself this morning. You can do that when you are sober

Available, it does sound like a very emotional time for you. Take good care of yourself in the run up to the wedding :l

I have some chores to do around the house today but don't plan on doing anything too taxing. I also have an AA meeting lined up for tonight.

Wishing everyone a fabulous and sober weekend :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bhalo and SLass, Well done on 14 days!! :h Thinking of you both today and hope you're having some time to do something nice for yourselves!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning,
                          It's a great first Saturday morning without a hangover. Wow. I slept like a baby and I'm ready for the day. Have lots planned today, including a visit to my chiropractor which I haven't been to in about 3 years. I have lots of physical and mental healing to do.

Caper, I'll keep that diabetes idea tucked away in my brain. Like it.

Dreamthinkdo, I tried and wiped out my last post! I'll keep playing with it. So challenged, I am!

Brokenhalo, I like the comment you made, "You can do that (run) when your sober." I can get up today, feel good, and get the errands done that I need to do. Can't do that when I drink, as I lay around with no energy, take a nap which lasts all afternoon, then go back out and drink again, only to do the same nothing the next day.

Have a wonderful AF day today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H
                            DreamThinkDo;1573796 wrote: MAE Nesters

Coffee is ready whenever you are. Overcast and rainy - summer seems to have gone into hiding.

Hope everybody had a relaxing AF Friday evening. Movie night went well: I took some fizzy fruit drink, and managed to let it fizz all over myself and the coffee table when I opened the bottle, then stumbled over the hosts' dog when I when I went to the kitchen for a dishcloth to clear up the mess. This girl may be AF, but she's still klutzy:H

Welcome J-vo! Click on Quote in the message that you want to quote - that should work. Still haven't been able to figure out how to do multiple quotes. Capital G Gamblin' Dave, could you pretty please explain how to do it - but s l o w l y?

Avail
                            , there's a lot happening in your life - getting some me-time is nothing to feel guilty about. Put that foot down solidly!

LB
                            , I too would love to live on the beach too - the sound of the waves are so soothing.

All the other Nesters, and especially those doing a first AF Weekend: :l:l
                            Your klutzyness sound sooooo me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did it! I did the quote thing, posted it, then went back and edited to add my comment. Is that right?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok, I'm such a PITA, but can someone explain to me the steps to doing the "Roll call?" Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X