Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie has house guests .
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1575234 wrote: Where the heck did that Byrdie lady go to???
      Thank goodness she'll be back soon! - later tonight or tomorrow. Talk about being someone who is needed and missed!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner, reading your post is like reading my old journal.

Trust me you are not alone, I for one have done that for years. My friends always knew when to say enough and go home on the last train and I would hit after hours bars and clubs and get home after dawn.

I really feel your pain and just want you to know you are not alone in this. We are here to listen and support you.

I am just over a year sober and I go out a few times a month. I have a good time and do not miss getting pissed at all. Around 11-12pm when my friends start to lose their balance I usually go home and try to look after the girls in the group so they don't do anything they would regret later. However, often my suggestions fall on death ears and I have to listen to their stories the following morning, how they should have left when I left. In fact almost nothing good ever happens after midnight. (from my experience) You can expect: fights, tears, some vomit....stuff that you want to avoid.

So stay the course and you will reap the benefits of this lifestyle.

P.S. I do not know where you live but from your user name it sounds like you live in London if so come to the gym lets work out and do some sports

Allan
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've seen lots of Byrdies pics on FB

Welcome back Honey!
          Forget the past, don't worry about the future, focus on getting thru today AF

Dottie, You don't know how often I just laugh when something falls apart or blows up around here. I used to drink over all that, not any more :H

Londoner, you do know AL is a depressant, right? It just makes sense that the more you drink the more you feel low. Try going AF & add a big dose of Vitamin D3 to your daily routine - you will feel so much better

Here's a pic of my 7 week old mini chickens - this will make anyone smile

AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep Lav this would have sent me to the wine store for sure...but it is all new now and I have water with lemon and mint instead....what change for me!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Touch and go there for a bit for me:upset:
              Can you believe my husband invited me out for dinner and drinks tonight!!!
              This, after, I told him less than a week ago, that I don't EVER need to drink....They just don't get it!!
              I am home, have dinner cooked and am in my night clothes. Hopefully, he won't mention it again. ARGGHHH!!

Safe, sober night everyone :l
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow nesters! Day 2 tucked safely under my belt and I feel ready to rejoin the comfy nest! Had a long long day and I am very tired so I really need to eat and then sleep.....

Honeysoup: I love your list!! Just what I needed to read tonight.

I am feeling battered by the vicious cycle of wine, pass out, hungover, crave, wine.....time to get off that hamster wheel....

thank you all so much for supporting me after I have fallen!

See you all on my Day 3
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters

Lav, your wee chickies are so cute!

Star, sorry your hubby isn't getting it. Just keep going and he soon will! :l

Dottie, that water sounds delicious. Much nicer than a glass of wine any day!

I went to a meeting tonight and one of the guys was celebrating 4 years sobriety. There was also a lady there who has 26 years total sobriety. These things give me hope.
                  The meeting finished at 9.45 and right away the thought crossed my mind that I could still make the offie and get a bottle of wine before 10pm. I didn't even want wine, but the thought was still there. I guess that sort of thinking doesn't just disappear because we are not drinking. I went to the chippy and got a bag of chips instead . :H

At least I can work that off at the gym tomorrow
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                    Was sober today and could not sleep. I remember losing sleep last time I was sober after long time. The brain becomes super active and get used to AL.

I need to kick this habit
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1575338 wrote:
                      The meeting finished at 9.45 and right away the thought crossed my mind that I could still make the offie and get a bottle of wine before 10pm. I didn't even want wine, but the thought was still there. I guess that sort of thinking doesn't just disappear because we are not drinking. I went to the chippy and got a bag of chips instead . :H

At least I can work that off at the gym tomorrow
                      If you buy chips at the chippy, I would have thought offal at the offie:H!

Thoughts don't hurt you as long as you just push them aside and go about your business, right? I have a lot of weird random thoughts about subjects other than drinking and thankfully don't feel inclined to act on those at all! So, drinking can just go in that "crazy thought' category.

It is great to hear you sounding so strong again .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie - Stick close to us. Let me know if you need me to lend you a hand...I know how hard the first few days can be :l
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another AF day, thanks for the list honey on why not to drink wine, so very, very true...:thanks:
                          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Luckyflower;1575156 wrote: Hi all.
                            It's my second AF weekend and I need to get a plan for the upcoming one because I did not go out again. .
                            Movie? museum? last-minute, half-priced show tickets? zoo? Library? Walking thru a warehouse store, DIY shop or grocery store. Any tourist areas? Ethnic shops or booksellers where you can explore something different? Knitting, crocheting or sewing or drawing classes? clay? AA? poetry slam? gym? yoga class? Sex addict support group (could be interesting and informative)? If you are going to feel bad about hibernating (some of us love it!), then do something - even if it is merely walking - breathe some fresh air, look at some trees and sky - there must be a nature preserve, park, riverwalk near you - I find being in nature so restoring. Hope this helps - otherwise rent some great movies, curl up in pjs and get some popcorn. How about a comedy - laughing is a great mood-enhancer!!! Great books - I love the Saxon Chronicles by Cornwell - but you must like Vikings and Danes pillaging, killing and raping all over England. Do you like to cook? Bake bread!! Nothing is a bigger pain in the arse than kneading dough! Really keeps you in the moment. Are we having fun yet????!!!!
                            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1575240 wrote: Byrdie has house guests .
                              wonder how one gets an invite??!!!:H

I'm going to organize a pj party with Byrdie, Lav, K9, NS, Free, maybe Alan if he behaves. . . that should put me on a AF path for awhile.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1575273 wrote: I've seen lots of Byrdies pics on FB

Welcome back Honey!
                                Forget the past, don't worry about the future, focus on getting thru today AF

Dottie, You don't know how often I just laugh when something falls apart or blows up around here. I used to drink over all that, not any more :H

Londoner, you do know AL is a depressant, right? It just makes sense that the more you drink the more you feel low. Try going AF & add a big dose of Vitamin D3 to your daily routine - you will feel so much better

Here's a pic of my 7 week old mini chickens - this will make anyone smile

Do red chics make "Red meat"? Hee Hee They are cute little chicks.
                                AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X