Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1575345 wrote: Hi everyone,
    Was sober today and could not sleep. I remember losing sleep last time I was sober after long time. The brain becomes super active and get used to AL.

I need to kick this habit
    Rahul:

It will click. You have read about K9, Lavs, NS success as well as thier failures prior to sobriety. I only hope I can be as successful but so far this thing finally clicked for me after sooo many attempts. Just keep keep keep keep trying.
    Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Calling all Daves, Calling all Daves. Where are you Gambler. Maybe I missed your posts but your daily rants have been fun, optimistic and supportative. Post and let us know how you are doing. Same goes for you C-DEV
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone-

Day 30 here, seems like just another day.

Mostly I am grumpy because I have a totally unnecessary project due (unnecessary in my mind) and I have to work on it today! BOO HISS!#%^*+%!!!!!!!!!!
        Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
        -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wave::alf::wave:
          Congrats!!! on 30 Days, Cat!!!
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,
            Woke up with a sinus headache. Have to be careful what meds I take due to drug interference.
            Have a few errands today and a meeting at church tonight.
            Tomorrow is day 60 and I am feeling good about that.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat - Byrdie isn't here. This is all I can do.

10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alrighty, gambler with a capital G and C-Dev...check in right this instant!

Jennie - Glad you made it through the night, each day it will get easier. I'm proud of you! Noodle is so right in wondering how she had time to get blind drunk every night...same here! I used to do the laundry drunk off my ass then wake up wondering how it got done. That was on a "good" night, the BAD nights were driving or walking around the neighborhood, and then wondering what the hell I'd done.

Honey...good job on taking the Antabuse. Never think of it as a crutch...it is a TOOL that you are lucky enough to have, so use it. I do...everyday! And yeah, I've totally eaten the WHOLE package of oreos plus some chips thrown in for good measure. While buying my beer I would plan ahead for my food binge. SO many nights I spent $30 on beer and crap food. UGH. But the good news is, all of that can change. Never give up...never!

Glad to see you G-Man....loves youse :h

Cat - 30 DAYS...Woot Woot! Sorry you feel a bit grumpy...but at least you FEEL and don't drown it out. It'll pass...and I am darn proud of you! Keep it up my friend :h

Byrdie....come back soon!!!! And Lav...give those red chickens a hug for me!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat

Byrdie isn't here - this is the best I can do. Let's hope it works this time!!!!:h Attached files [img]/converted_files/2207321=7648-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1575703 wrote: Goodmorning!! Today is the START of Day 3 for me. I slept long and HARD last night. It is the first good night sleep in months for me. The cloud is lifting.......
                    Have a great day all....Please don't leave us again, Jennie! Or PM me your phone # so I can stalk you better :H!
                    I'm glad you woke up feeling good and that the fog is lifting :l.

little beagle;1575719 wrote: No sugar if you could give me a link to that wonderful post about the reasons for not doing that, I could show them in black and white so they don't think I'm just a preachy know it all. This is really bad at my house right now. Hubby's is gaining weight like crazy and both kids are just constantly stuffing junk into their faces. That just can't be good!
                    You probably don't want to get me started on that topic and I know Byrdie will be upset if she comes back and finds a bunch of sugar-hating going on in the nest :H. Since I rattle on about this topic quite a bit, I'm not sure which post you're referring to. Anyway, here are some links you might find useful (and there's more where these came from ):
                    MWO thread on the topic:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...who-70446.html
                    Very straightforward list:Top 9 Reasons to Avoid Sugar as if Your Life Depended on it
                    Very straightforward video:The Complete Skinny on Obesity - UCTV - University of California Television
                    Interesting video:Fat Chance: Fructose 2.0 - UCTV - University of California Television
                    More in depth article:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/ma...anted=all&_r=0

I'm Strong and in Control;1575812 wrote:

My career that was once engaging, exciting, interesting, purposeful, meaningful and gave me lots of satisfaction, encouragement, etc. has devolved into a menial, boring, wasteful prison where I sit for 8 hours a day. Your tax dollars at work, folks - that's government. Beating my head against the wall trying to change it, move to another position, etc. Too young to retire (ha) and too many benefits to make a change outside the organization. I actually read my kindle and would spend more time on the boards, but don't want to use the Network and the keyboard on my smart phone is too dinky. Complain and whine, not wine. I feel so bored and useless and feel like my mind is decaying. I'm still sitting in bed in my pjs when I should be waddling down the street to punch the clock. It doesn't matter when I show up and I don't care anymore. Part of my drinking on weeknights was that it didn't matter - I could show up totally wasted (I didn't-just massively hungover) and it would not matter. I can't believe this is me.
                    Strong, it seems to be the fortunate and rare person who escapes that existential void as a result of a meaningful job . For many years, parenting and all that goes with it, some important and rewarding relationships, creative pursuits, etc. were very fulfilling but over time, that void opened up for me and I guess I tried to fill it with wine. That seemed to work but actually made the hole bigger. I'm finding this to be the biggest and probably most important part of this whole process - figuring out how best to live a meaningful and rewarding life. But -- just taking on the challenge and experimenting with different things can keep you away from that awful abyss.

Contributing here as you've been doing so much of lately has great meaning and we appreciate you! :h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Cat!
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on 30 days Cat - stay strong

K9 - my dear friend...thank you so much for the encouragement...I truly need it
                        Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat!!!
                          :cheering::cheering::cheering:
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1575752 wrote:
                            DreamDo, you have a good eye!
                            The hatchery always throws in an 'exotic' chick freebie & this time they did mess up :H
                            So I have 31 girly birds out there & 1 rooster :H
                            Not sure if I'll keep him, I haven't had a rooster in a long time. I had to find a new home for the last one I had because he was so big & so mean! I haven't even figured out what breed he is yet!
                            What? Really? I'm going to give up my day job and become an internet chicken-sexer. :yay::yay:
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy Moly!! It's good to be back!
                              Extreme Houseguests! My new show on tv. I tell you, having folks up close and personal for 4 days gets intense. Now I'm in the aftermath of it all! All the laundry isn't going anywhere, it'll be there tomorrow, but first things first!!

Guitar-Man! Around here, 7 days earns you a free moon!!!! Take this!!

:moon:

Now don't you feel better? GREAT job on earning that, if you ask me, it's the hardest award to get....keep the string going!!

Cat Belle!! 30 days of effort scores you a hat! You can't buy these in stores, and they are in limited supplies! If you call now, you might get two! (wait 30 days for delivery)

:day5:

Well done! Would you have any words for our newest newbies as to how you did it? What worked, what didn't? Those acceptance speeches are always so insightful.....congratulations!!

Lifechange, please come forward and pick up your award for most supportive role in a real life drama. Thank you for all you do in the nest and around the boards, your rock solid advice is always on target. I hope you will enjoy your well-deserved award:

:flush:

For flushing out this bad influence once and for all! Here's to many more and happy flushes in the future!!

Great job everyone! Keep it going! I'm telling you, you'll never regret a day you spend sober!! I'm so glad I have fought off the few moments of discomfort for the temporary fix we think AL is going to bring but doesn't. I've thought a lot about that in the past 4 days. My houseguests were drinkers and my hubs drinks moderately. They can leave half a glass of a beer or wine. Normal drinkers don't think about things like that. One night we were sitting there after the check had been paid and the other guy said to the wife, 'Finish your drink and we'll go'....she said, 'I'm done' and got up and left it. That never happened to me. Did I wish I could have joined in the fun and frivolity? Yes, it would have been nice, but I never drank that way. I would have been in the bag already when we went out...and trying to act sober. I'd have had a stash in my purse to 'top off' when I went to the bathroom. I did participate in the fun and frivolity, just without AL!!! I had no moments where I don't remember what I said, I didn't insult anyone, and I didn't sing!! Yes, I wish I could drink normally, but that ship has sailed, and no going back will fix that. I drink to get wasted, and that's the difference. I drink like an addict and nothing is going to change that. Accepting this has been a major key in succeeding, I think. Longing for the past is one thing, longing for something that never was is another. Just remember that when you feel you are all alone in being AF, or the only one at a wedding or party or dinner celebration where you are the only one not drinking...that there are many of us feeling the same thing, and we get thru it just fine! None of those people know the despair that we know when we fall. AL can take you to many new heights....and they are all BAD! Don't fall for it...fight thru a craving or the thought to have just one with everything you've got! We must always be vigilant! Always CHOOSE the AF option!! It's always a choice....no one forces it up to your mouth. Stay strong everyone...it's great to be back in the nest. Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:armsaround:
                                Welcome back, Byrdie!!! We missed you!!!
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X