Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong - I hear your voice loud and clear for she has also been with me on several occasions. I hated the fact of thinking I can never drink again...But everytime I feel its justifiable or "I can handle it" I CAN'T...you are stronger than that little voice giving you advise...push her out of the way.
    Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's.

If anyone needs a laugh or distraction......scroll down a bit for the 3 min video

Police Officers Try To Stop Longboard Skaters During The Broadway Bomb, Fail Miserably! | Shock Mansion

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong and in Control;1576319 wrote: OK, so here's the scenario in my head that I am making public: "When my niece comes into town next month and I take her out to celebrate her engagement, I can have a raspberry martini, because I never drink more than 1, and it isn't red wine, so I'm ok and I can control it. When I fly to a friend's for thanksgiving, I can have a G&T on the plane, because I never drink more than 1, and it isn't red wine. At thanksgiving, I can have white wine (if they have it, else red) and slowly sip one glass, followed by 2 glasses of water and no sooner than an hour later can have another glass of wine. maybe a third because after all, it's a holiday and we haven't been together for several years. On another day, I can have an Irish coffee at that famous Irish coffee place, because I never drink more than 1 and it isn't red wine. And beer. Another time I can drink beer. I never have more than one and it isn't red wine. And when we are out at a restaurant, my husband and I can share a bottle of wine and then that will be it for the night. We won't have another. There won't be wine when I get home. See, I can moderate!! I never REALLY tried before - really. It was half-hearted. I'm stronger now and I never want to go back to being that everyday, sit at home wine drinker. I have willpower. etc." Discuss. I'm not drinking today or thinking about drinking today. or tomorrow. or the day after. Few more weeks until my niece comes. Oh- forgot one more "maybe I'm just addicted to RED WINE and NOT alcohol, because I can have just one of everything else".
        Hi I'm strong.

There is only one way to find out if we can moderate. My wish for you is that if you find yourself in trouble again with booze, that you can pull out of the nosedive, not do too much damage, and survive. My experience is that once i open the door chemically, and introduce AL back into my system, my body/mind chemistry take over and i don't want to stop. It is a dangerous game we play with moderation, but it is no game.

I wish you all the very best whichever road you take. Just stay safe friend.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1576327 wrote: Personally, I think your alternative drinks will probably become very desirable to you when they aren't followed by the red wine. When you only have had one of each of these, did you have wine later that day or the next?
          For me, I can totally drink one or two beers and then be done with it. But then when I come how I start in on my "poison" - red wine or vodka. Best not to start at all, at least for me.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My daughter just took herself to her first ever Ala-teen meeting (AA for teens of alcoholics). I feel so proud of her, yet ashamed that she qualifies to go.

Welcome back Byrdie...this place just ain't the same without ya! :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1576377 wrote: My daughter just took herself to her first ever Ala-teen meeting (AA for teens of alcoholics). I feel so proud of her, yet ashamed that she qualifies to go.

Welcome back Byrdie...this place just ain't the same without ya! :h
              Wow Niner. Yes, you must be proud. I wonder how she'll go.....

All the best to the both of you.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strong I know one thing. I will not stop at one drink. No Matter what it is, it is al and it twists my brain into going for my beer. And then all nets are off.
                Thanks for the links no sugar.
                Londoner I did not realize you are 25. I am so glad that you are here where you can get help before you spend so many wasted years devoted to drinking and recreational drugging the way I did. You are very smart.
                Byrdie glad you are back. I hope the visit was nice.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat congratulations on 30 days. One whole month. You are awesome.:wave:
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am here and today day 11 AF for me - I feel very healthy and so gathered at work. Enjoying the feeling of life and want to start exercising. This is great place for support and I appreciate it. Tomorrow I am giving away all alcohol from the house.
                    AF since 10/20/2013
                    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                    Meat free since 09/20/2008
                    ---------------------------------------
                    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there nesters! I hope everyone is tucked in tight for the night!

Cat 30 days is a great accomplishment, how are you feeling?

I'm strong and in control...read your name, what made you choose it? Remember why you chose to out AL aside. Enjoying those mornings waking up and feeling human? The knowledge that at any time of any day you are fully cognizant of what's happening around you? Sleeping better? Feeling healthier? Why give that up? What on earth could be worth giving that up?
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1576380 wrote: Wow Niner. Yes, you must be proud. I wonder how she'll go.....

All the best to the both of you.:h
                        Thanks G Man...I AM proud...and nervous...and sad...and happy...and on and on...
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are amazing, K9. Big hugs.
                          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My luck good to hear you sounding so happy. Du,ping the AL in the house is smart. Exercise really helps clear the mind and works off stress. Good plan!

K9 she will only benefit from it I'm sure. And I'm betting she'll be proud to tell her group that you've quit. Others won't be as lucky.
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love you Free!!!!! Thanks for dragging me back..... I couldn't do my hypnosis today but I'm safely sober! Went to an auction where everyone was drinking ��������Congrats Cat !!!! And guitarista and Jennie))) yeah! Honeysoup I swear it's like I'm reading about myself cold food and all.... And k9 I am one helluva drunk laundry folder too.... But I folded sober today and it's way better like that .... Please Dave and CD. Come back..... Hi Odat remember you from earlier in year and glad to see you ... Night all

Comment

Newbies Nest

So nesters- looks like we need to put out an APB for Dave and CDev.

Please gentlemen just a quick hi-ya and a nod that you two are ok would put a lot of minds at ease here....

Besides we miss your posts!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X