Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie .... Raining cats and dog here so prob no trick or treat.... I feel strong in my quit today! Thanks for unfailing support ..... Good job Cat! DTD can you make coffee? I have afternoon sleepies))

Comment

Newbies Nest

Didn't read back enough!!! Happy birthday Byrdie

Comment

Newbies Nest

"News of a looming wine shortage is drawing no "cheers" from vintage lovers. Demand exceeded supply by 300 million cases in 2012, and the future could be even bleaker"
        Wonder how much I contributed to the shortage???? Even a better reason not to drink...the price will go through the roof....glad I quit!
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BYRDIE!!:h Crazy day for a birthday! funny, my eldest will be 12 on 19 nov. and today she's having a Halloween slumber party with her 3 best friends and her sister-- it's so much fun, I said, THIS could be her b-day party! What more could she ask for?? I hope you're having a lovely day and not getting sick on candy.

NS-that cracked me up! your poor husband!the poor neighborhood kids! Seems as if some people in our house either didn't open the main door or didn't have any sweets, 'cause when we arrived home there were eggs smashed on the door and toothpaste smeared all over the bell. Well deserved!

Cat, your description of how you acted the first days/week(s) was right on for me as well-- I was out of my mind at times, it was so difficult. But now I'm thinking it was good so. To fight hard through/for something makes it even more valuable. I don't think I have another quit in me-- at least I don't in any way want to take the chance of having to try and quit again.

Ican and Honey, you seem to be partners in crime on day 4! You're doing great-- I've really enjoyed hearing from both of you-- keep on posting and letting us know how you are. Read and post, read and post, read and post!:l

Minstar! Hi-- good to see you here!:l

I'm beat and ready to hit the hay-- it's already 9:15 here!
          Wishing you all a safe and sober afternoon/evening--

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm over in the live chat if anyone is struggling or just fancies a more 'instant' chat right now.

Also, a bit worried about the weekend as I've got myself a date. And one of the reasons I've been of that scene more recently as it often revolves around drinking. So in two minds as of what to do.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie
              I got to believe you're the first person I've "known" to have a birffday on Halloween. So how was that growing up? A double treat?? Anyway, hope you've had a wonderful day, you're a wonderful person
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1574548 wrote: I need serious help.

I went out last night. I want even planning on, but i returned to my old selfish ways.

Got ridiculously drunk. Spent money i dont have, and ruined two weeks of good progress. And here I am wasted in bed knowing I'm gonna struggle psychologically this week.

I just wanna jump off a cliff. Why can't I be normal for once?
                Well Hello there Londoner!
                I wish you would not worry about the weekend. The answer to your problem is simple. Choose not to drink. We all know about those "two minds" you speak about, but really, Londoner, the best thing to do is ignore the one that tells you it's okay to drink and think about your past experiences. You will have a much better time on your date and you will not feel horrible the next day! Don't you think?
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Byrdie, all the best!
                  On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday birdie! Hope you had a lovely day!!!

Hey lifechange! How are you? Post 60 day glo!?

I'm off to bed. Have come to visit my mum and sister an guess what? Not a single thought until I logged on. Another trigger- loneliness. I know this was one from my last quit.
                    Hope everyone is sober and safe!

Minstar.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters

Happy birthday Byrdie, I hope you are having an awesome day! Fancy being born on Halloween! I hope your special day is as wonderful as you are :h

Londoner, this date could be just what you need to break the weekend cycle. Why not suggest a movie and a nice meal? If you drive, you could take the car, which means you have a good reason not to drink. A date pubbing and clubbing and raving and getting wasted might not really be her cup of tea. A date should be more about getting to know each other better. I hope it works out for you

Well done I can and honey, you are both doing great!

Another busy day here, work is crazy since I got back, but nothing I can't handle thanks to being sober and clear headed.

I gave the gym a miss tonight but I did go to a meeting. I am knackered now, drinking tea in my jammies and looking forward to another good night's sleep. Hope everyone is safe and well tonight.
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, everyone for the fine wishes! Halloween is a stellar birfday if you ask me...it's always a celebrated and people are happy and there is excitement...plus, people remember the date! I had a really good day up until 5:30, my neighbor came over to have a beer with my husband and fell over the doggie gate and cut his hand on the broken beer bottle really badly. Hubs has taken him to the ER...I hope he's ok, he's 78 and he went all the way down, took a gash out of his knee. My tummy did flips flops as I was trying to put a towel around the cut. It's the deepest cut I've ever seen....I just cleaned up the garage, it was like a crime scene....now I smell like stale beer so going to go rinse off in a bit.
                        Londoner, it might be a good idea to postpone any dating for a few weeks while you get your head together...why ADD pressure to the situation....any girl worth having is worth waiting for, right? Just a thought. Set yourself up to succeed!

Thanks so much for the warm wishes! XO, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh byrdie, how scarry! I hope hes ok! If anyone needs a suggestion for what to do tonight Ellen show and grays with popcorn and candy is my plan! Hope everone has a good one!
                          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back in live chat for 20 mins or so if anyone wants to talk.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1577361 wrote: Today is the one and only "Byrdlady's" Birthday!!!
                              Please join me in wishing her the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!

:bday7::day5::day4::goodtime:

WE LOVE YOU, BYRDIE!!!!!
                              A Halloween Birthday! How COOL is that! Happy Birthday Byrdie!

:wd:
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Bday Byrdie!

Right - I am fed up of drink ruining my progress in life.

I love to party, but the feelings are only intense for the week or two after a big night out. I go complete reverse after a few weeks and can't think of anything worse.

I'm going to suggest an AF date on the weekend, and if she's not on that then screw it - I'll stay in.

Fed up of being this immature irresponsible 25 year old.

Comment

Working...
                                X