Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1577581 wrote: I'm over in the live chat if anyone is struggling or just fancies a more 'instant' chat right now.Also, a bit worried about the weekend as I've got myself a date. And one of the reasons I've been of that scene more recently as it often revolves around drinking. So in two minds as of what to do.
    Hey Londoner - sorry I missed you in chat. Good job on the date! I know you are worried, apprehensive and concerned about drinking. Dating is hard enough without the added angst of problem drinking. My guess is that you are not going to spend the evening cold sober - and I have no opinion whether you do or don't drink. I know that when I put my mind to it, I can behave myself, and I think you can too. Whatever you do, please have a plan. Be safe. Be rational. Make yourself proud. Hope you have an awesome time. Let us know how it goes.
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope you have had a wonderful Day of Birf Byrdie!!
      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks I'm Strong.

I am actually a more fun person AF. It just takes me 4 weeks or so of AF for my hormonal balance to imrpove. I don't give my body time to recover normally, and it's only been a week since my last binge so I expect myself to be anxious and far too self conscious.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1577749 wrote: Happy Bday Byrdie!
          Right - I am fed up of drink ruining my progress in life.
          I love to party, but the feelings are only intense for the week or two after a big night out. I go complete reverse after a few weeks and can't think of anything worse.
          I'm going to suggest an AF date on the weekend, and if she's not on that then screw it - I'll stay in.Fed up of being this immature irresponsible 25 year old.
          Just saw this post. Brilliant idea! Getting sober is your first priority. I know that I try to put off/avoid situations that I know will be difficult because these are such early, fragile days. Give yourself time to heal and allow your mind to get used to being sober before you make any decisions!
          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trick-or-treaters are knocking on our door and we are pretending we are not home!!. I feel like a criminal!!! But there is something funny about it in a very sick way. There was a Halloween Party for all the kids in our building (a large high-rise) on Saturday, and a sign up sheet for people that would be home/wanted children to trick or treat. Those people each got pumpkins to post on their door. We didn't sign up, but children are still knocking!!!! We're hiding with the tv off!!!! I feel guiltily wretched!!! Maybe I can hand out cans of soup!! I ate all the darn oreos!!! Too bad I can't give them my bottles of wine.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday Byrdie! Saw your post about your neighbor. Can think of better ways to spend my birthday but hopefully he's ok. Coulda been worse actually - at least he didn't break anything.

Nonetheless hope your day was grand and that you did something special for yourself! You're the best!!:bday7:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a nice Halloween
                No trick or treaters in my area, too 'country' here but I did go to my son's house for a while & saw hundreds of the little gremlins :H

Byrdie, you had some real excitement on your birthday, huh? Hope your neighbor is OK.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie I'm glad I checked in tonight, Happy Birthday! Talk to you soon!

Nesters do you have your weekend plans in place? How will you spend your time and how will you keep thoughts of AL away? Best to plan ahead and stock up on your favourite foods and comfort drinks. I've really been hooked on peppermint tea lately!

Londoner you are right, it's either an AF date or home alone. Might as well start off right, being honest about your goals. Good luck and keep us posted!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 19!

Icanwithoutacan;1577539 wrote: DTD can you make coffee? I have afternoon sleepies))
                    Ican, coffee is ready!!! (You didn't want it last night, did you?)

Morning Nesters

Let Ican have a go first, then the rest of you, there's plenty, so no pushing and shoving, PLEASE. Everybody still on a sugar high from last night, it seems like.
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning DO! I think Ican did want it last night! I hope she hurries over so I don't have to wait too long..
                      I got up early so I could have a few moments on my own-- the girls (4 crazy 11 year olds and a crazy 8 year old) were up until midnight so I hope they'll sleep in a bit!
                      I read that americans bought 600 million pounds of candy at 2.4 billion dollars this year. Could that be true? truly scary.
                      At least you weren't contributing to the nonsense, I'mstrong!:H very funny.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LC :cupajoe: just for you

Those stats are frightening, aren't they.
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all, Happy Friday!

Londoner, I think that's a good plan. Start as you mean to go on. If you do hit it off with this girl you will have set an AF precedent with your first date rather than a drunken one. And don't forget, everyone gets nervous and anxious about a first date, it's natural! Good luck!

I feel wonderful this morning. Day 20 for me, my first week back at work is going really well, and my energy levels are sky high. AL takes so much from us, our energy, our life force, our personalities. Not today AL, I am not going anywhere near you today!

Spiritually, mentally and physically, I feel stronger every day that I don't drink. Have a great AL fee Friday everyone!
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the mug of coffee! Delicious!

Bhalo, you're sounding super! I'm glad you're feeling so positive and that work is going so well-- Actually, everything is easier without the weight of AL, isn't it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters- think I need to have some strong coffee. Mornings are so hard- yawn. Quick check in. Hope everyone is well x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

It's been a long time since i've been in the Nest - computer problems - it's good to be back! I haven't scrolled through and caught up with where everyone's at; i do hope you are all well.

I see there's lots of new Nesters flying in all the time. This is great; more and more people are saying goodbye to al and hello to a happy new life! :welcome:

I did see birthday greetings for Byrdie, so i'd like to add my own : Many Happy Returns of the day, Byrdie!

I'm at Day 187 AF today, and it feels FANTASTIC!

Enjoy your AF weekend everyone; "You'll never wake up and wish you'd drunk the night before."

love, Steady
                                :h
                                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X