Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yeah Steady! Good to hear from you.
    Byrdie sorry I missed your B-day yesterday. Hope everyone is alright this morning.
    Bhalo I agree with you. Start out as you mean to go on. You are sounding great. Glad you are feeling so chipped lately.
    Londoner I hope you have a good weekend. I know I usually spend a little extra time here on mwo. A little time spent here =no time spent with the sgr bros.
    I had a fun time last night. We went to my daughter's and watched a halloween movie. No trick or treaters. Rained out. Oh well. My sugar junkies are set for about a week! I ended up with all leftovers.
    Have a great day everyone.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I keep failing my quit.
      Last night I got home from work at 6.....it was late and I was feeling a bit desperate....So, instead of secretly pouring myself a glass, I took the bottle out right in front of my husband and poured.....then, my 13 year old son wanted to run into town to get himself dinner (husband was home ALL DAY but did nothing about dinner) so he was looking for money and found my cigarettes....He asked me if I smoked. I said "a little bit and I drink too......but I want to stop...." .he said that he didn't care if I drank (he has no idea) but can't believe I smoke (I am a very light smoker - only 1 or 2 a day - so that is how he never knew)

ANYWAY.....the rest of that wine was poured down the drain (so much money goes down my drain these days) and I have an upset husband and an upset son....

and no more secrets....I think that all happened for a reason. I am still not in a good place.....I have moments when I am but overall, the climb out of this hole is taking longer than I want.....I will keep posting because that is keeping me feeling accountable....
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

We'll done for letting secret out....always hard...but you did really well to chuck that wine away...takes courage and strength...hold on and stay close Jenniech.....x
        ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

BH...your post sounds fab xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats BH sounding good
            Thanks for coffee DTD.... Yum
            Byrdie shine your buttocks because I think I'll be getting a moon on Sunday!!!!!!!!
            NO AL for me today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1577857 wrote: I feel wonderful this morning. Day 20 for me, my first week back at work is going really well, and my energy levels are sky high. AL takes so much from us, our energy, our life force, our personalities. Not today AL, I am not going anywhere near you today!Spiritually, mentally and physically, I feel stronger every day that I don't drink. Have a great AL fee Friday everyone!
              bh - right behind you - going into my third AF weekend. New day and new month. I'm going to stop the constant snacking today. Last night after my 2nd trip to the cupboard after dinner, I realized that instead of refilling my glass of wine I was re-stuffing my face. It is the same thing.
              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning my friends! Hooke you all are well. Toddy is my day 13 AF!!! Yay - I enjoy good feeling in the morning
                AF since 10/20/2013
                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                ---------------------------------------
                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & TGIF

Severe thunder storms rolling thru my portion of the Nest, oh well.
                  Glad the kids had dry weather for Halloween festivities yesterday.

Jennie, always remember that what you do or don't do is a choice ~ your choice!
                  I did all my smoking & drinking out in the open, I hid nothing. I think deep down I was hoping 'someone' would rescue me from myself. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I didn't make any progress until I understood that I was the only one who could make the changes that would benefit me. In other words I gave up hoping that everyone & everything else around me would change or improve. I focused on my own thoughts & behaviors, the things that I could change. Have you talked to anyone about getting some help with anxiety/depression? That was what was really holding me back. I took steps to conquer that imbalance first, then my addictions. I hope you'll give that some consideration :l

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday wherever you are
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande...your words are very wise.....I recently came to that conclusion and saw go for help with depression....I find I can give up wine for quite a while...but just can't STAY AF .... Trying harder with that aspect now....such a journey...x

Comment

Newbies Nest

OUT OF MY WAY, Nesters, as I bust thru for DTD's coffee! Sorry to be rude....

Thank you all for the wonderful Byrdday greetings! Other than the ending, it was a great day!! My third one sober!! Who'da thought it was possible to have fun on a Halloween Birthday without AL?? Go figure, life is full of surprises....who'da thought I'd be giving advice on the AF forum???

Ican, I'm getting my can all shined up for Sunday! I'll be ready for your moon!

MyLuck, I found (as do so many here) that Day 13 is a turning point in the journey...things just seem to fall into place and it becomes EASIER! Something clicked in my head that day that this really was something I could do....I hope it is a great day for you, too!

Jennie, getting caught by my hubs and his walking out the door on me actually saved my life. As bad as that was, some good DID come out of it: I stopped bullshitting myself about my problem. I was blaming it on a lot of things....job stress, family issues....the sky had a cloud...but it all boiled down to making a choice of NOT to do it any more. I had to do it myself....for myself. I knew that I was killing myself, my relationship and everything I had worked for and I didn't seem to care as much about that as I did AL. That is so sad....choosing between AL and my dear husband...and it was a hard choice. Isn't it amazing the sheer power of this addiction? Get that quit going and don't look back, I'm telling you, there is NO GOOD in AL for us anymore, it's not recreational, it's a FIX, we are addicts. The only way to beat this thing is to starve it. You can do it!! If I can, I know you can, too!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Nov 1st!! I guess the holiday madness begins! Hugs to all, see you at the Newbie Bar tonight! (Newbie, NOT Nudie) Byrdie

Edit: My neighbor is sore but recovering....3 area of stitches in his right hand and his knee is banged up...we are just lucky he didn't break something!! He's in good spirits....(Halloween joke)
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MAE Everyone :l

Well the beginning of a brand new month and just the right time to start fresh (or keep up the great work)! I think I will keep plugging along.
                        Today is day 15 for me, and I haven't had this many sober days since last June. I am grateful for each day that I put between me and the beast and I feel so much better already.
                        I am so happy to hear of all of the successes going on here in the nest!
                        It's a bit unusual for me, but I am having some trouble sleeping these days. It's prolly because I am going to bed with the chickens, but I am waking up at 2 or 3 a.m. each night. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the GSR (guilt, shame and remorse) brothers these days, so what I do is think of each of you and pray that each of you finds peace and strength to keep on this alcohol-free path. I truly care for everyone on this thread. I know what a wicked struggle this is. Thanks again for your support. We can all do this!

:h Star
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie, well done on getting rid of the booze, and on posting. Go for an AF weekend.

Ican, I'll make you some of my extra-special coffee every hour on the hour, but get that moon!!

Strong
                          , right with you on a third AF weekend. Does that funny LadyByrdwoman do something for 3 AF weeks, do you know? If so, she'd better better start working on it - Monday's around the corner... :H

Will check in again later.
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DTD, that crazy Byrdlady makes things up as she goes, so if you remind her about those 3 weeks AF, I bet she'll do something! xo
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

... and she eavesdrops on other people's conversations...

:l:l:l
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1577930 wrote: I keep failing my quit.
                                Last night I got home from work at 6.....it was late and I was feeling a bit desperate....So, instead of secretly pouring myself a glass, I took the bottle out right in front of my husband and poured.....then, my 13 year old son wanted to run into town to get himself dinner (husband was home ALL DAY but did nothing about dinner) so he was looking for money and found my cigarettes....He asked me if I smoked. I said "a little bit and I drink too......but I want to stop...." .he said that he didn't care if I drank (he has no idea) but can't believe I smoke (I am a very light smoker - only 1 or 2 a day - so that is how he never knew)

ANYWAY.....the rest of that wine was poured down the drain (so much money goes down my drain these days) and I have an upset husband and an upset son

and no more secrets....I think that all happened for a reason. I am still not in a good place.....I have moments when I am but overall, the climb out of this hole is taking longer than I want.....I will keep posting because that is keeping me feeling accountable....
                                Lots of money gets poored down my drain too. Today i my day 1 again also. How do you think we can change out nightly habits from 5-9? Dinner early and gym or shopping? I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know you're not alone.
                                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Working...
                                X