Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Odat - I like that advice even better. one hour...one minute...eat a cake, whatever it takes!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

GREAT advice, Sake, there is NOTHING worth losing your quit...no pain, no loneliness, no peer pressure...nothing is worse than the feeling when you've blown it and given in...stick it out and get to the other side. EAT something! I'm telling you THIS WILL WORK!
      Dot Bell, let us hear from you....
      Hang in there everyone! IT IS WORTH IT! Don't give in no matter what and no matter who!!!
      Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow lots of good strong posts nesters. Stay safe tonight. Night night x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie!! Considering I'm already overweight...the prospect of using food as my source of sobriety is frightening. However, when faced with the choice of drinking or eating something, I will gladly eat something good instead!! I have to keep this in mind for my trip. I know I can do this. I just have to remember that cravings pass, the feeling of defeating this bastard one day at a time remains a high that like to enjoy!

Dot- speak your mind...it's worth it! And so are yoU!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all

Dottie, are you okay over there? Hope so! Let us know

Sake, what a great post. Well done. This just goes to show that those AL thoughts can come completely out of nowhere, and just to wait and think before acting on them is the way to go! :goodjob:

Lucky, lovely post and you are doing great, well done!

ODAT, if it takes an hour at a time then that's what it takes. It sounds as though you have a plan in place, and you can always come here if things get tough. Read and post.

Another busy day here, but a happy one. Work, gym, a bite to eat and then off to an AA meeting. Looking forward to a good night's sleep and waking up on a Saturday morning fresh, clean and sober.

I am enjoying my sober days, restful nights, and I LOVE waking up in the mornings without the feelings of dread, remorse and sometimes downright terror that drinking brings. I had three months sober, then a drunken binge that lasted almost a week. Once I started I couldn't stop.

That's what AL did to me, after three months. That's a place I don't ever want to go back to. I did not drink today, and I want to keep it that way. Byrdie is right (as usual!)
            Protect your quit with everything you have, no matter what. Stay strong Nesters! :l
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
              WE went out to dinner with friends and I DID NOT DRINK. Took a whole bowl of chips and salsa but I got through dinner with just water. Hubby is such a dolt at times that I want to scream....he keeps bitching about me cooking....I told him to figure it out....but we are home and settled in for some tea and TV. Dad wants to know why he cant come live with us. There is only me and I don't what that responsibility as he would expect 3 meals and laundry etc and that is NOT what I signed up for...he paid little to no attention to me growing up...he wanted a boy and that was painfully obvious to me. Long story but the short of it is that I spent a lot of time finding him a good, clean place with a private room. That is the best I can do.
              So that is part of my day and we are home safe and sober.
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie - Good for you on all fronts! Not easy to say no to your dad, but for your sanity and self respect...I am glad that you did what you did. I hope you are feeling proud and at peace about your decision.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1578130 wrote: p.s. Star - I am having trouble STAYING asleep lately too...wonder what's up with that?? I am awake at 3am (thankfully no GRS Bros!) but then I toss and turn until 6:30. What should we do about this problem???
                  K9 love that you change your profile picture so often. I have had some success with valarium root. It smells horrible but it does seem to help be sleep. Tried an allergy pill too. Melatonin works too.
                  Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good day!

Dottie, it sucks when the people in our lives don't appreciate us & all we do for them. You have my support, I completely understand. You just keep focusing on what is best for you The others will survive.

K9, I completely lost my ability to sleep when I was around your age (don't even want to tell you how long ago that was). I have tried all the OTC herbals, Benadryl, Rx HRT - you name it, sadly nothing works for long. Seriously cutting down on caffeine in the afternoon help, hypnotic recordings of any type help a bit. Good luck!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest! Use the Velcro if you need help
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to add that my dad has Alzheimer's so it is a lot more than just simple day to day things...he cant remember from one minute to the next what u tell him so it would be a 24X7 job. That is why I just cant have him live here.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starting to get bored with drinking sparkling water with lime at every turn. Ginger ale worked for awhile but tired of that too. Made some delicious iced herbal teas in the summer but bored now with them too! Chamomille tea at bedtime still hits the spot plus it serves a double purpose by making me drowsy. How could I have guzzled chardonnay or pinot noir night after night after night and didn't get bored- just got plastered! Soda pop not an option. Anyone have any other af concoctions worth a try?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really want to jump back into the nest, but feel bad because I'm so far behind that I can't respond thoughtfully to everyone's posts. But it always just feels so safe and cozy here - especially on a Friday night with two whole days ahead of me with nothing much to do.

But I did manage to catch up enough to say Sake - wonderful post and inspired by your strength.

Dottie - hang in there. You are facing a major life challenge right now. I'm thinking of you.

K9 - I second the hypnosis idea. I listen to my MP3 player every night, right around 3 am, and it helps every time. I'm a huge fan of Glenn Harrold. I own almost everything he has ever recorded. I absolutely love him. His stuff is available on audible.com.

And to everyone else here, have a wonderful, safe night.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nester

Glad to see everyone long so well. I wish I can be like u all ... Sober
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

sanchez;1578436 wrote: Starting to get bored with drinking sparkling water with lime at every turn. Ginger ale worked for awhile but tired of that too. Made some delicious iced herbal teas in the summer but bored now with them too! Chamomille tea at bedtime still hits the spot plus it serves a double purpose by making me drowsy. How could I have guzzled chardonnay or pinot noir night after night after night and didn't get bored- just got plastered! Soda pop not an option. Anyone have any other af concoctions worth a try?
                              Sanchez - if you find something, please let me know!! The only thing I order in restaurants is water - no ice. I don't like anything fizzy, iced or acidic. I drink green tea (hot and 'cool') at home. Funny that we never got bored with or sick of the same wine night after night. I'm drinking lots more coffee during the day.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1578453 wrote: Hello nester

Glad to see everyone long so well. I wish I can be like u all ... Sober
                                You can.
                                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X