Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nester,

Having a party at home today. about 40 PPL will be there and of course bar will beopen. I left work today in the evening and since past few days my routine had been grab couple of beer and then drink myself till I collapse. Today however I didn't want to do the same. I imagined myself doing beer after beer and then lying to my family. I don't want to do that.

So eat snacks to kill the cravings. Party will start in about 2 hours from now and will stay sober today.
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul
      I can't help but noticing that you have deep regrets of drinking and lying to your family, a seemingly vicious cycle. So I got to ask you point blank, what's stopping you from stopping? What the are gains of drinking? I don't ask in a smart ass way, just as a friend.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi - good Saturday! This I my 2 nd sober weekend and I enjoy very much of it!!! I love getting up not hangover and have full battery of energy to do thing!!! Love it love it love it! All nesters have a good weekend! Today is day 14 for me - 2 WEEKS!!!
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
          Thanks so much for the supportive words regarding my dad...it is hard and I know in my heart I did the right thing...It is a good place with caring professionals and that is what he needs.

Off to a model train show. I need some shopping therapy. Also need a pedicure but that will have to wait until next week.

I am so glad I did not give in last night..it was so hard and I was in such a bad mood...but I awoke with a clear head and another AF day behind me....
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

My life you asked for a medal but I did a poem for darkest diamond so here's one for you

M- my life is not the same as it's been in
            Y-yesteryears
            L-living with a bottle
            U-under a blanket of dread and fear
            C- 'cause I've found a new way, here at My Way Out
            K-kicking AL's ass and killing the beast is what I'm all about

Congrats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah!!!! Dottie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh, lots of wonderful posts already this morning!!
                LiL Beagle, you really ARE amazing....you are the epitome of protecting your quit at all costs! It REALLY is #1, before anything else....because as we can so clearly see in the rear view mirror, when we fall, EVERYTHING else is affected. EVERYTHING goes to hell in a handbag....DESPAIR is what drinking does for us.

Drinking = DISPAIR. For us, there are NO innocent slips. Slips lead to slides lead to full blown relapse.

Just like Lil Beagle did, take yourself out of situations that threaten your quit. We are not Mother Theresa, we are not made of STEEL, we are alcoholics and as such, we must always realize we are vulnerable....so keep your guard UP! Stay vigilant!

Hope everyone has an easy Sattidy!! If you have a wobbly moment, come here and read! Look thru the Tool Box, I find something new in there every single time! Some of it speaks to me differently as I go thru different areas of this journey. What didn't apply then, applies NOW!!!

Happy Day 20, DreamThinkDo! I wish there were a prize for that but... what? I'm trying to type something here, what do you want? OK, I've been handed a memo.....Just for DTD, there IS a 20 day PRIZE!! :danthin: Great job!

Hugs to all! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutican - thank you so much!!!! I love it! This means a lot to me
                  AF since 10/20/2013
                  Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                  Meat free since 09/20/2008
                  ---------------------------------------
                  With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

MYLUCK! Well done on 14 days!!:goodjob:

and Ican, you are one with words! I love your poems-- hope you'll write one for my next big milestone

Littlebeagle, I am also thinking of you and sending a lot of positive energy your way. I hope you're having a relaxing time with your daughter, tanking up for your difficult home life. :l You're a super role model for us all-- thank you.

xo to you all and see you in a bit.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1578702 wrote: Hello Nester,

Having a party at home today. about 40 PPL will be there and of course bar will beopen. I left work today in the evening and since past few days my routine had been grab couple of beer and then drink myself till I collapse. Today however I didn't want to do the same. I imagined myself doing beer after beer and then lying to my family. I don't want to do that.

So eat snacks to kill the cravings. Party will start in about 2 hours from now and will stay sober today.
                      Rahul good luck today. I really hope you succeed. With that said the pattern you follow since you started posting is pretty predictable. If you really truely want to quit you need a new plan. The outcome for you my friend,if the odds are correct, isn't so good. Because alcoholism is a progressive disease it will get away from you. You will eventually destroy relationships that matter, damage your career, ruin your health. Wishfully thinking isn't reality.
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and wish you all a happy day. Mine is quiet so far, and that's a good thing. It's dreary here today. So, I think I may just curl up on the couch and read a book.

LB - Sorry to hear about your troubles at home. Hope the time with your daughter is healing for you. Rahul, hosting a party with alcohol would be very difficult for most of us. Please try to hang in there. It looks like you are getting some sound advice.
                        Ican - I've been catching up on posts today and wanted to say how much I love your poems. Very creative!
                        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

A recent conversation:

Friend; Oh m god, I don't ever want to feel this crapp again,I never ever want to be hungover."

Me: Not drinking would eliminate hangovers.

Friend: I cabsolutely can't do that, there must be another way.

Any advice on a response????
                          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

A recent conversation:

Friend; Oh m god, I don't ever want to feel this crapp again,I never ever want to be hungover."

Me: Not drinking would eliminate hangovers.

Friend: I cabsolutely can't do that, there must be another way.

Any advice on a response????
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody, I have a question. I keep getting these low grade, lasting headaches. It's been 34 days since I quit AL. I never used to get "regular" headaches, only migraines. This just will not go away. I had one like this a couple weeks ago, and ended up getting an IM shot of Toradol to make it go away. Anybody else had these symptoms?
                              Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                              -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

TJAF;1578767 wrote: Rahul good luck today. I really hope you succeed. With that said the pattern you follow since you started posting is pretty predictable. If you really truely want to quit you need a new plan. The outcome for you my friend,if the odds are correct, isn't so good. Because alcoholism is a progressive disease it will get away from you. You will eventually destroy relationships that matter, damage your career, ruin your health. Wishfully thinking isn't reality.
                                TJAF and Samstone, I feel guilty. When ever I touch drink I feel guilty as crazy. Even today I could not stay sober. While I didnt drink that much but I feel guilty.

I know sound pretty pathetic right now. Here are all the people with such positive thoughts anf inspiration and here am I with my tale of failures and cribbing.

It is pathetic of me to act this way I must say !!
                                Rahul
                                --------------------------------------------
                                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                                Rebooting ... done ...
                                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Working...
                                X