Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone - still here. Just wanted to clarify - the time I bought the bottle of wine after the AA meeting was LAST TIME I tried to quit, several months ago.

So far I'm doing OK...eating a lot of dark chocolate but other than that, OK.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nighty-night all-time for Fluff to head off to bed!
      Lavande-sleep well!
      Northgirl-so glad you made it to day 5!
      Chick-you sound good!
      Sweet- Dark-chocolate is the best!!! And really helps to curb those cravings!
      Sleep well- ( or have a nice day!)
      Luv, Fluff
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in with everyone--have a great and strong day all of Monday. Do whatever it takes--chocolate, sleep, MWO, distractions....I will do the same!
        Open
        "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all Newbies...I'm an "old" newbie - because this time I'm very-very serious and determined. Day 11 for me, and today I will NOT drink alcohol. I will drink lots of water and juice and tea, and it is really delicious. I like the idea about the dark chocolate. I love it but did not know that it's good to curb cravings. Wonderful.
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hmm methinks dark chocolate is a good idea..shall now try some!
            Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Great to see so much actvity here

Good job Chook - your're girls will love having you present, enjoy every minute with them!

Greetings to Sweet, Fluff, Open & Jessie! Enjoy that dark chocolate, I know I did! Trying to get away from it now......I gained some weight when I quit smoking in May (of course) & having difficulty getting it off, Grrrr!

Enjoy your Monday everyone, I'll check in later!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning to all!
                Jessie- I don't know if there's any scientific proof that dark chocolate really works-just from my own experience... We are doing great, you and I , both on day 11! Good for you! One thing I noticed about not drinking is-I'm kind of constipated... anyone else have that problem?
                Guess I have to run out and buy some metamucil...
                lavande-enjoy the good weather today!
                Chick-Hope your doing well-enjoy the dark chocolate!
                Luv, Fluff
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Missed you guys!

Wow, it's been busy here! I haven't been able to read through all the posts, but sounds like everyone working hard, and figuring out how to deal with whatever comes up.

Made it back from florida in one piece - just a little al damaged ego. Weather was great - and so was the golf.

I did great mod'ing for the first three days - 2 on Thurs; 3 on Friday; 4 on Saturday (which was party night that went 'til 1am). So I was pretty happy maintaining control, only a few drinks over dinner for the most part.

But on Sunday, someone stuck a beer in my golf cart around 10am - and I decided it would be a good idea to drink it. We played through lunch, so I had some more liquid fortification, and managed to mod my way through the day with only four beers. Was good after golf - had to get to the airport. Well, I couldn't resist a couple more beers on the flight, and a couple more at home.

I guess eight beers over fourteen hours isn't "that bad", but I felt like an idiot for starting at 10am - something I never did even before mwo. I didn't even try to resist the drinks on the plane - I figured I "deserved" them somehow - went into a Bad-Tranq-Trance I guess. Time to get some serious af time under my belt again!

Have to be out late tonight so might not make it back to post later.

Take care all.
                  tw
                  Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Soo good to read all posts and keep up with you all. Day 17 for me. Hard to believe that but is true and I'm still very determined to stay af. Its got to be a much better life. Tanq now that you're home again it might be easier to get back on track. I haven't ventured 'out' yet where the al flows just stayed at home where there is none because I haven't bought any - Yay!!! So.... I don't really know what I would be like if someone gave me a wine at 10am while playing golf. That's a bit tuff! Its almost like - oh well, somebodies got to drink it!

Have a good day/night all
                    Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone!

Bad-Tranq-Trance...........OK, now I've heard it all :H
                      Welcome back to reality buddy - glad you had a good trip. So tell me, how nice was it to see sun & temps > 32 degrees? I can't wait for the winter to get over with!!

Mazzie - you go girl with your 17 AF days - great job
                      Did you ever think it was really possible? I think when we put the effort in.....we can do some pretty amazing things!

Wishing everyone a great, safe, AF, cozy night in the nest - the night light will be on........
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nestmates,

Expecting some snow here soon--heck, as long as it's gotta be winter-- bring it on!

Glad you're back, Tranq--nothin' like a vacation or holiday to underscore our resolve when we've indulged.
                        Way to go Mazzie on 17 days--woot woot! You sound very strong--I find I'm still avoiding situations where I might be tempted. Been avoiding the grocery store like the plague cuz it's right next to my old fave spirit shoppe. That works, but getting a little hungry.:H
                        Hey there Fluff--definitely felt "stopped up" for a while when I cut out the wine. It's taken a while to "normalize" my body again after years of embalming myself with the vino--finally just now feeling like I'm getting my energy back.
                        Chook, Lav and Jessie--gonna have to try some of that dark chocolate--Dr. Oz says the quality dark dark chocolate can actually flatten your stomach. Gonna have to read more about that1
                        g'night or g'morning to all!
                        Open
                        "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Support

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all the newbies.

Sending you lots of support and wishing you all the best.

Be strong!!!
                          :l
                          Ak
                          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.
                            Day 12 for me (yay). I had a bit of a test today. I got angry with someone and the first thing I thought of was having a drink to "calm" down! I was amazed that rather than try and sort out the problem, all I thought about was having a drink. However I actually realised that having a drink would make it worse... like it ALWAYS does. So I resisted (and ate a bag of corn chips instead. Maybe not the way to resolve problems but at least it wasnt mind altering). So I was quite pleased that I recognised a situation that I would normally drink over and didnt. So maybe I am learning.
                            Also has anyone living in Australia ordered sups (from MWO) and topamax (from over seas)? Just wondering if we can actually get it in as I know that customs check things like that. Am doing OK on L-glutamine but would prefer the rest of the sups asap.
                            Thanks. Have a good (sober) evening.
                            HC
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 12 for Fluff!
                              Openheart-I bought some benefiber orange flavored chewables=see how that all works out...(eeww)...
                              AK-HI!
                              Hippy-good for you!
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fluff. Day 12 for you too? Good on ya.
                                HC
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X