Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1579675 wrote: I give up, what is wrong with me?!

Feel useless and lonely
    Missed you, mate. Grab a cuppa and start talking or posting. I meed to take hubby to airport in a bit, and I'll be lonely with you.

Weekends are rough.
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1579661 wrote:
      I have a second fear and that is typing my truth on an Internet forum. Does anyone else have concerns about privacy?
      Welcome Pavati!
      When I first found this site, about 3 years ago, I set up a bogus email account and attempted to be vague with personal detail, fearing that I'd be "outed". Over time, I realized, anyone on the Boards that recognises me is here for the same problem. I looked to Karma, fate, good intentions thay my peers, family, workplace, friends ~ any person that could harm me learning my identity ~ I've never been thay cruel to anyone (since kindergarten!) and don't think it will happen. I now get notifications on my real email as I don' . want to miss anything and want to close off any quick retreat onto the abyss.

Anyone around me long enoigh MUST know my drinking WAS a problem so I wasn't fooling anyone. None of us have been able thus far to talk about it. As "the inner circle" expands, anf I build more self respect and confidence, I'm less concerned about being found out. Today I am not the drunk I was so ashamed of.

Agsin, glad u are here. I hate dinky smartphone keypads.
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another sober day, feels good.
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Londoner, you don't sound to good. Talk to us, maybe we can help.

Hi Pavati, and welcome. Stick with us

DTD, loved your post. Friend A's loss, not yours!

Bougainvilla, nice to see you, you too Queenbug

I am knackered tonight. Loaded with the cold, and feeling sorry for myself :H

Off to have some hot water and lemon. Londoner, I'll be about if you want to chat. Thinking of you :l
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nester's near and not so far,

Rahul and Londoner. Good to hear from you both. Back on the horse fella's. Stay in touch here won't you and let us know how you are doing, ok?

Congratulations June! Bravo!

Day 13 here. Identifying our triggers and then taking steps to do something about them has been key for me. It was a work issue for me, and i needed to change things, so finally i did. My health, quality of life and sobriety are number one. It's not easy when work issues are a trigger, but i know there is always a solution. We sometimes just have to dig deep to find it.

Have a safe, sober and magical week y'all.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wish I could be the beacon of hope - but right now I am royally pissed off and not doing well. Thank you nesters for letting me vent. Not drinking, but very, very close.
              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

stay close here instead Rose. Vent away. PM me, chat, anything but drink. You know how bad you'd feel :l
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moss whatever is pissing you off isn't going to get better by drinking. You know that. So you need to work on a different tactic. Hope we can help.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

You already have helped. I'm embarrassed by my last post, but it's true. Very upset by something that happened tonight - I won't bore you with details. I just have to make through tonight, right? And I will. Yes, I will!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wave::wave: Sending you hugs Rose xxx
                      ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moss, no need for embarrassment, I just wanted to give you some tough love, sometimes it helps! Let's see if we can stir up some fun here in the nest!

Londoner, there's nothing wrong with you that isn't wrong with us. Alcohol is a drug, and we are addicted. You're not alone, you're in good company. Read back over your posts, and those of others your age. At your age it is harder than ever to break away from the norms of your peers. But there are people your age enjoying life without AL. You just need to find them. Have you thought about starting a thread here for the 25 and under crowd perhaps? You mind find you have more in common with them and can come up with some strategies that are more suited to your situation. I can tell you I do yoga or I meditate or go for long walks but at your age it's a different world than mine, I get it. Try to reach out though, there are others in your shoes.

Pavati I keep imagining Pavaroti when I see your name LOL welcome and don't be shy. Your secrets are safe with us. There is no shame in admitting you have a problem, and then tackling it. We've all been where you are and want to help. Have you had a chance to read the toolbox over yet? Start working on your plan, it will get you through the hard parts.

bougainvillea such a pretty flower, long name though! Welcome and congratulations on speaking up. It's the first step to your recovery!
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Queen, BH and 3J - thanks for the support. I am hanging by a thread, so it means a lot. xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - just when I think it can't get any worse, it does. Sorry folks, having a really, really bad night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

What's the plan Moss? Can you change what's happening? Can you ignore it? Can you help it? How will you manage it? I don't want to pry but if you sense yourself losing it, the best thing to do is reach out.
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J - I deleted my last post. Seemed too whiny. But right now - I don't have a plan. Just terribly upset tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X