Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Moss as long as there's no AL in the house, right?
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J - I am just not sure I care right now. I had something happen tonight that is beyond my comprehension. I just didn't realize that someone could be that evil. Will I drink? I don't know. I'm on a ledge right now. But thanks for reaching out.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome BV and P!! First step is the hardest so you are on your way!

Moss. Remember I used to drink AT people and eat AT people and all I became was a fat drunk. The folks I tried to get back at by drinking were fine
        and I was the one who suffered! Please do whatever it takes to protect your quit. Tomorrow you will be so glad you did! You've read the stories here 100 times, starting over sucks. Keeping it going IS easier than that. Eat something. Thinking of you. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moss. Getting wasted isn't going to make that person less evil. Instead it will give them MORE power. Don't blow your hard work on an asshole. Stay strong no matter what and no matter who. B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moss hang on it is NOT worth it...I have done the same thing and the person feel/suffers nothing...take care of yourself first.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, thank you so much. You are right. He isn't worth it. I am not going to drink AT him That would be a total feather in his cap. Screw that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Mossey. Thinking of you, friend
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Sam. It's friend's like you that keep me strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie - just saw your post.. Thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's too early to go to bed, but I think that may be the safest thing to do. I'll read, while I'm crying, because i just can't believe that someone could be so mean. He obviously wants to hurt me very badly. And he did. So, tomorrow is another day, right? Love you all. xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose;1579984 wrote: It's too early to go to bed, but I think that may be the safest thing to do. I'll read, while I'm crying, because i just can't believe that someone could be so mean. He obviously wants to hurt me very badly. And he did. So, tomorrow is another day, right? Love you all. xx
                        Moss - when I'm that upset all I can do is go over it in my mind. Got any bubble bath? Climb in a hot tub with a cup of tea and something aromatic. If you've got candles, light 'em. Take deep breaths and try to let it go. If it is something he said - is it true? Is there a way that you expected him to behave or wanted him to act? What did you want from him? These are the questions I ask myself when I'm upset with someone else. Hope it helps.
                        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome to Pavoti & welcome back BV!
                          The nest is a safe place to settle in, get your plans made & find support!

MR, I am very sorry that someone has hurt you but please don't look for reasons to drink. There are no reasons really, no excuses. I have to tell you that I drank AT my husband for years, he was insensitive & just plain unavailable. Then I found out 5 years ago that I was about to become a grandmother & suddenly I had a reason to get myself together. A little over a year after I became AF, when I was finally happy for the first time in years my husband walked out on me & our 37 year marriage. Did I drink over it? No way! I was & still am determined to never let him or anyone else drag me into that AL fueled miserableness ever again.
                          Whatever is going on in your life, you can handle it better & be stronger without drinking

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! It's cold tonight but the fire in the fireplace is toasty.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande - what you just said really hit home. I have never thought of it that way, but I have drank AT people AND situations for years. It's weird to realize that. What an absolute fool I was, especially since I have found that I handle stress much better sober, and laugh now at the absolute idiocy of some people. This little tidbit of self discovery has put a grin on my face....

Onward and upward my nest friends! Tomorrow is the beginning of a wonderful new week! Y'all hang tight here.
                            Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                            -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters, I hope you all are having good night! Moss - be strong! I know you can do it! I am looking forward my 3 rd week starting tomorrow of being AF. Feeling great.
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

My 4th week starts tomorrow and I'm in the 7-day stretch. Sitting here with a glass of pretend red wine. All the alcohol has been removed - it's called "Fre". Doesn't taste anything like wine, but I can't find anything other than coffee and green tea that I like to drink. I thought I'd like to have a bottle on hand for when we have company - I could look like I'm drinking and not have to make up lies or excuses.

About 15 years ago, I weighed nearly 300 pounds. Not sure why I'm talking about this. It was before I met hubby - he never saw my REALLY fat pictures. These last few weeks, I've been eating like the "old days". Nothing off limits and constantly. I dropped him off at the airport tonight and my screaming little mind knew where all the comfort fast food was - Portillo's, KFC, White Castle, Gyros, Dunkin Donut, etc. etc. It was like driving a car load of toddlers - and I was alone! (I did buy a chocolate bar at the checkout in the hobby store). It was exactly like my brain before I told myself I wasn't drinking and meant it. Constant chatter about getting something to stuff into my face. I need to exercise the same self control over my food cravings too. Probably the same switch to get myself out of bed in the morning and do some exercise. Anyway, I'm sitting here with my fake wine - thinking that it's not good to be drinking alone. Going to watch some TV. Hope you all have a good night.
                                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X