Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's been good to read a bit and begin to get to know other people on here. I'm sorry some are doing it really tough. I wish I had some really strong words to say to those people who are finding it hard - I am really sympathising with you, but I'm hardly qualified to speak wise words... I'm only at the end of day 2. I hope I'll be able to be more supportive of everyone one day, at the moment I'm just relying on all the good advice and support I'm getting myself. I can't believe all the people here who understand what's happening in my head. I'm so grateful.

On a more positive note, I am so happy that I've been able to get over my first challenge of the week - Monday nights I normally drink, but I've somehow managed to stay on here reading instead of doing my normal 7pm trek to the bottle shop. I don't even want to. I realise it's early days, but I'm really happy! Hope everyone has a good day.
    ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sixtyfour! Well done on accomplishing your first goal, jumping over that first hurdle! The first days can be tricky, so be prepared to be on your toes and ready to conquer at all times-- It sounds like you are doing a great job at setting yourself up for success...

I've been on the go this morning and have a few more things to do-- then I'll be able to cosy up in the nest and catch up on last night. Until then..:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1580074 wrote: I realize my biggest trigger is my obsessing over whether I am liked or good enough or anyone is unhappy w me ..... Today I woke up really obsessed about this re: my husband
        You seem like a no-nonsense person, so I have to ask, did he like you any better after you drank?

Can you tell us what had you stop last night? You didn't fall into a drunken abyss and are back to wanting sobriety. Any insight you can give will be like crumbs in the forest for us to follow when we need to. Thanks Ican
        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1580113 wrote: Just a check in to say i am still here and busy busy busy. 6 days till the wedding and wow the stressors are all out there.
          Available, what an exciting, wonderful time for you! I know that you will be sober because you don't want to miss a moment of this lovely time, and your biggest fear is embarrassing your daughter. You are doing great - take a breath - make sure you take care of yourself so that when the stress - excitement - celebration hits you at a weak moment, you are not tired, hungry, thirsty, lonely or un-mindful of how we all reach for that bottle for comfort. It's not in there - I know you know that.

Thinking of you reminds me of how lovely my own wedding was. I didn't embarrass myself and will always cherish that day.

Please post as often as you can - just hearing about it makes me giddy!
          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sixtyfour;1580161 wrote: I wish I had some really strong words to say to those people who are finding it hard - I am really sympathising with you, but I'm hardly qualified to speak wise words... I'm only at the end of day 2.
            Sixtyfour - any moment of sobriety counts as decades of qualifications. Anything that gets you thru reaching for that drink is valuable as gold to someone struggling. We never know how much a difference our simple posts make - they always touch someone. Thanks for being here - and happy un-drunk Monday to you!:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,
              I'm watching my grandsons so I can't stick around.
              Just wanted to wish everyone a good day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hate seeing all my posts lumped together. Feel like such a blabbermouth. Day 1 of hubby's travels - not so long this time. Made it thru the morning meditation - SURPRISE - not enough time left in my morning to exercise. My body is so achy and stiff I need to get it moving. When I get out of the chair it looks like I've been riding a horse for hours.

This is my 4th sober Monday morning going in to work. I've actually been thinking about how I can make my job better, instead of a tomb that I occupy for 8 hours.

Wishing you all an awesome, joyful day. Make yourself proud!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day nesters! It is another beautiful day AF for me and many of us!!! Enjoy
                  AF since 10/20/2013
                  Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                  Meat free since 09/20/2008
                  ---------------------------------------
                  With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1580403 wrote: Good morning Nesters,
                    I'm watching my grandsons so I can't stick around.
                    Just wanted to wish everyone a good day!

Lav
                    I just got a mental picture of you chasing chickens and some very active little boys. Thanks for the smile.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moss- I do not consider any of your posts selfish, they kept you from drinking and that is more than I can say! Next time I'll follow your example

ISAIC- he likes me all the time. We have very different temperaments.... And I can't stand to be told when I'm doing something he doesn't like... He tends to be blunt and in my opinion "rude" but I grew up an only child and he has a huge family so I think it makes our communication different

Anyway, I drank to stop the worry for a bit... It worked at the time but was replaced by a new worry about whether I appeared drunk ....and then woke up w GRS and still mad at home so ... Not good

I usually stop at a certain point at home if there are "witnesses" I hate looking drunk in front oft kids or husband ... I drank over a long period and they were up watching TV so that's why and how

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you later.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

No sugar I watched youtube b brown but I'll get book

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a wonderful, fabulous day everyone, remember an AF life is a better life :l
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters~!
                              A quick fly by this morning....
                              Congrats, MossRose, on coming here first and protecting your quit!! GREAT JOB, that's what this place is for!!!

You know, what I can see so clearly now (that I couldn't when I was in the throws of it) is that the goal here is to NOT feel the compulsion to drink...right? To finally break away from the NEED we have to get zoned out...to DEAL with our feelings and situations, right? Here is an amazing truth: If you feed this thing, you own it. The only way to break free of addiction is to STOP feeding it. We have to learn other ways to cope with life....betrayal, heartache, loss, celebrations, the whole 9 yards. As long as we keep turning BACK to AL, it's ours to keep....you can trust me on this one! I DID it. It's the whole Pavlov's Dog thing....positive reinforcement. You have to change to break this dam cycle...You MUST find another way to cope. Is it easy? NO. Is it do-able? Absolutley! I look at the long termers on here and they have heartache and tragedy and celebrations and they find other ways...that means I can, too...and I have! We just tend to take the path that we know and that is EASIER at the time. In retrospect, it's not easier at all...it's 1000 times worse, we just can't see it.

We are now officially approaching the holiday season. If not now....when? There will ALWAYS be an excuse for us to drink. BREAK the cycle or you will remain on the hamster wheel. Just deal with the days one at a time....each situation as it comes and you can do it. Don't give up your quit for anything...NOTHING is worth it. My quit comes before ANYTHING OR ANYBODY. It is my foundation and without it, everything else crumbles. I will NOT lose one more day of my life to AL! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in this morning on my way to work. I had a really deep, 8.5 hour AF sleep last night. Wonderful. Will check back on the posts this evening. Have good days, everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X