Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Instead of arguing with yourself I'm Strong, why don't you check out some online meditations?
    The MWO clearing CD always helped me thru that stuff too
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1581110 wrote: I'm StrongHow have you felt - around 3 weeks since you stopped?
      Hi Londoner, this is actually my 4th Tuesday (how is it that I don't have 30 days yet?). My first day back on the boards I remember telling Dottie that I didn't have a "physical addiction" to alcohol and didn't need to safely taper. HA. The first 10 days I was a mess! Uncontrollable sweats (at the most horrific times), headaches, tiredness, irritable, etc.

The most immediate effect for me was PEACE. When I said I wasn't drinking - and meant it - the mind chatter stopped. Really. My evil child just said "OK" and shut up. I was joyful and optimistic the first 2 weeks. I went out to dinner around the end of week 2 with some friends, and talked myself into grief and resentment over not being able to drink and all the future drinks that I would deny myself (drama here). I opened the door to thinking about drinking, and it was really difficult to turn off those thoughts. I haven't had cravings for alcohol. Junk food, yes. I have had absolutely no self control (other than AL) this entire time - And tonight - I want alcohol-free wine and am practically getting dressed to go get it!

I haven't had a hangover these few weeks, and spent my first birthday in decades sober. Physically, no difference - but mentally and emotionally - much better.

Thanks for asking.
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1580949 wrote: Day 23
        Right behind you, DTD!!!:goodjob:
        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1581454 wrote: Instead of arguing with yourself I'm Strong, why don't you check out some online meditations?
          The MWO clearing CD always helped me thru that stuff too
          Thanks Lav! I LOVE that CD. I packed it somewhere when we moved . . .hmmmm.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav good link. I have been cooking that way too. Dh likes it mostly but since I cook he eats it or makes his own. Not!
            Meeting was good now some me time.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1581176 wrote: Depending on how quickly you recover, this could be fun and interesting :H!
              It is great to have you back, Halo. We missed you! :h NS
              No Sugar, had a bit of a stress day at work but gave out some hugs and didn't crave an AL drink after work, hmmmmm I may be on to something here

I realize that the MWO is a good place to be , it helped me achieve my past AF success and I know it is a key part for any future strides I need to make. What is the old adage " "If you don't use it , you lose it?!!"

I have been reminding myself you have to visit to actually reap the rewards and benefits.

Sending out a better way to deal with emotions than the beast AL, how about some
              :l:l:l: to the Newbies Nest !!!
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 24

MAE all

Coffee's a lot earlier than usual - the Sandman has gone AWOL.

Strong - we hit the big 30 on 10 Nov (I hope - numbers confuse me).

Have a brilliant AF Wednesday, everybody!
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

reading back aways since I've been gone and got to the day calculator....122 days for me....friggen miracle. I have this little thing that happens now...when I am around drinking, think I want a drink, a wine or a beer (don't like beer so my mind is like beer is ok because you don't like it and will only have one or two) and then think why? and all the f'ed up reasons pretty much throw up in my head...doesn't make me tired like I think, makes me feel good at the time, but like crap when not drinking. I think back to the anxiety, being unable to eat, only drink, the paranoid feelings, and I am like why bother??? really wtf even bother!! to have to hide it and lie about it, figure out a plan every friggen morning and night to feed the habit I hated so much. If I give it even one it will win and I hate it that much I guess.

well sorry for the rant but it's where I am right now....good night all piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi guys -- thanks for directing me here.

i'm tired of bad things happening when I'm drunk, ruining my relationships and hurting those that I love.
                    I know I need to quit drinking..... i can't do it alone.
                    i'm drowning in a puddle of guilt right now, I can't function or do anything but sit and obsess over this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave I was thinking- do your boys have an iPod touch or such? I can't remember if they are too young.... Anyway if they are old enough you could FaceTime them on an iPhone pad or touch... May make the hard days a little easier???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lovely I hope you will find some peace here!

Piper, congrats! 122 is amazing and you should be so proud. Can you share what positive changes you have seen?

Liberte123.... I am a 42 year old mom of 5 and I feel for you. You can do this; we all can!

Further..... If you're lurking check in and come back!

Little beagle HI .... Hope you are finding peace at daughters?

Byrd, lav, k9, ISAIC, BH, Dave, free, halo, Jvo, Eloise. DTD, DD, lucky flower, my luck , queen, daisy, Londoner, mr v, allankay, cd wherever you are, sake, and all who post and make this journey on MWO - night and thanks for all y'all are and do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Please don't be upset if I left you out! I type on an iPhone and it's VERY tedious to go back and forth to see all posts

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Lovely! I look forward to getting to know you.
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

where are you

Paging Rahulthesweet . . . paging Rahulthesweet - don't make me hunt you down . . .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Lovely
                                So glad you found MWO! Lotsa great people with advice and support. Stay close to the site. Read and post as you can and as you feel comfortable. It will help.

Nighty night nesters! Tired and hitting the sack....back in the morning...

Comment

Working...
                                X