Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

sanchez;1581652 wrote: Good morning nesters. Okay - for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the acronym MAE stands for. Call me stupid, or maybe old, but all I can tell from the context is that it's a shout out to everyone, but I'm just not getting it. Also seeing it from more than one nester so it must be a popular acronym....assistance needed please!

I thought it was some secret code in some of the threads :H but it turns out to be a greeting that recognizes we are from all over the world: Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening .

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1581657 wrote: I thought it was some secret code in some of the threads :H but it turns out to be a greeting that recognizes we are from all over the world: Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening .
      Thanks NS! I feel relieved that it wasn't just me then! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's so funny, Sanchez! I also tried to figure it out for a long time before asking! After I'd been away from MWO for a while, I checked in on the Long term Abs thread to see what was going on and everyone was saying "MAE".-- I thought it was some kind of inside joke.:H Now I love it..

Piper, I meant to say hi to you! It's always nice when you pop in to let us know how you are and 122 days is great.

I just had a huge shock as I realised I HAVE to have U.S. passports for my daughters to travel to the States-- Because they're dual citizens, I've sometimes had U.S. and sometimes German without ever having a problem entering the U.S.. Happened to read something about it, called the Embassy and found out we are REQUIRED! So I panicked, as we are leaving in 3 weeks, but got an appointment for tomorrow morning and will hopefully have a passport in time. Please wish me luck.

big hello to everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Meaning

Hi nesters,

I know that some are not familiar with the meaning. It stands for Morning/Afternoon/Evening since we are from different time zones.

Have an amazing AF day u all. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

SANCHEZ!!! I just saw that you have 90 days today!! Well done Duckyfriend!!:waving:

Hi to you, Lucky!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
              Today I do laundry and pay bills...doggie training tonight....need to work with her more...
              Windy here and all the leaves are falling off the trees...guess there is more work in the yard for me .....
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well it is day one. I received the book today and decided this might FINALLY be my life saver. I ordered the cds and supplements. I even made an appt with a new doctor to pay cash so there is no trail to my health records. I hope he prescribes the meds. I am really nervous but am so hopeful. That's me in all the stories I read. I am new to posting anything but hope someone out there who is also new will be my buddy. Good luck to all and God bless.:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I thought MAE was someone's beloved old Aunt :H

Welcome Erie, we are glad you've joined us. Boy have you found a great place to land! MWO saved my life. Please stick close to us, get to know us and let us get to know you. We really have been there/done that, so we can relate to whatever you're going through. The more you share, the easier it is for us to help! Stick close and let us know what you need.

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you

Wow. I can't believe I got a respone so quickly and more so that I could find it. Thank you K9lover! I will keep you posted.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Erie - I'm glad you made an appointment with your Doctor...that was key for me in my success. I just put it all out there and got help. That's why I don't care WHATS on my insurance, I see it as a good thing, I have a problem and I pro-actively sought help for it...if that's bad, well, then TOO BAD.

How are you doing today as far as cravings or thoughts of alcohol? It's hard at first but gets much easier. If it stayed this hard forever, there'd be few (if any) success stories, but I think as you explore around MWO, you'll see that there is a lot of sober time racked up between a lot of people. Don't give up hope. Just take it a day, hour or minute at a time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good idea

HeyK9Lover. Actually I am waiting for the cds, supplements and meds to really get it in gear.I should have it all plus my appt. next Tues. Today I am reading the MWO book, learning to find great people like you who care and trying to only have 4 drinks. I need more than just my will power. You are right about the doctor. It is not the health insurance as much as if it will affect my life insurance for my kids. I know my life is more important than what I can leave them, but it is important to me. So, do I type A for afternoon?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have fifteen minutes left of M (morning)...just type whatever you want...it will apply to SOMEONE. lol

I'm so glad you have a plan for getting sober. Joining MWO and ordering everything is great! And of course going to the Doctor just seals the deal. Stay strong today. What is your poison of choice? I was a 12+ beer per day drinker. If I can stop, anyone can...so please don't get discouraged.

There are a lot of good threads to catch up on if you have some time. Here are a couple:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...125-23467.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...-50-22609.html

K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the 'welcome back' everybody! On day 2 here. I went for a wonderful walk in our city park today which is mostly woods and trails. It felt good and made me feel great. Not drinking tonight and I hope I sleep well. Hope you all have a good rest of your day! It's good to be back.
                            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am new here. I found this board back in April, and read it a bunch, though I hadn't registered or posted anything until now. Today sucks. My anxiety and guilt sucks.
                              AF: 11/7/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Back MNB and Welcome Betterbrighter!

We're glad you've both found us. Sit back and read a while. You can do this, and we can help!

K9

Comment

Working...
                                X