Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MAE all

well, day1 has turned out pretty okay. bit shaky this morning - more so that yesterday oddly enough - but nothing terrible. the brain fog is lifting, & along with it, my mood - feeling far more positive today & motivated to get off my arse & do stuff that I've been putting off for months

hope everyone is having a good day. off to make some food now, will pop back in later

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters! Lol the acronym has had many confoundled! Welcome newbies and get comfy:-) read read and read some more. This really is the place I need to be when starting my quit :-) butt Velcro.

Just a quick check in and skim read! Glad. You're back. Gambler- so sorry for all the crap going on and I hope it is resolved soon. So soooo pleased and proud you have stuc with your quit. Your really are giving yourself the best fighting chance in life and the divorce settlement. She can claim your a drunks etc etc but when you're done 60 AF days and on a roll she will have to shove it up xxxxxxxx

Ahem- sorry outburst!

Hello to my fellow quit buddies available, Dottie and lifechange. Available- hope your wedding stress stay low and you have a lovely lovely time :-)

Lavande- thanks for your shout out- and ICan!

Sorry if I've missed you. I'm off to bed after my book. Kindle freebies :-)

Stay safe nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
        No doggie training for me tonight...been sneezing all day now I have a sinus headache...raining too so we are staying home....yuck...
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got confused about how to reply. My poison....2 or 3 beers during the day, 1 bloody mary then 3 or 4 vodka and grapefruit juice. Is there a spellchecker?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Lots of new faces! Welcome, BetterBrighter....I know I'm going to get you and MyNewBeginning names confused! I'm already confused! Just keep checking in so I will be able to keep you two straight! At one point, we had all kinds of Bells, then we got on a wine jag...lots of names with the same words in them! Then it all goes to heck when someone changes his/her avatar!!! Great to see you Eriegirl!! Yes you are posting correctly! I think there is spell check, I get that red squiggly line under my typos.....
            GREAT to see everyone, old and new!! Just stay connected to the nest and you will do great! We have lots of success here!
            Wishing everyone a safe and AF night or morning or whatever the case may be (WTCMB)! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

betterbrighterdays;1581749 wrote: I am new here. I found this board back in April, and read it a bunch, though I hadn't registered or posted anything until now. Today sucks. My anxiety and guilt sucks.
              :welcome: I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time but guess what BBD, your name says it all!!!
              Get through one day at a time alcohol free and there will most definitely be better brighter days ahead. Posting helps especially when you are feeling anxious, we are here to help and remember read, read ,and read some more. There is such an abundance of information on how to positively cope with many of the feelings you are experiencing.

There will be BETTER BRIGHTER DAYS ahead the more AF days you have, :l
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

You all are all so kind and helpful. I have tears in my eyes. I really appreciate it.
                AF: 11/7/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, as I was feeling rather unwell (luckily not in "that" way - just a virus), so I spent the day sleeping. Looks like I missed a lot. I want to welcome the new folks - Lovely, Better and Eriegirl, and anyone I might have missed. Very glad you have decided to join us. Trust me - it's the best decision I ever made and I think you will feel that way too.

I will try to read back more tonight, but must say, I am so happy to finally know what MAE means. LOL.
                  Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see some new faces here.

My new beginning and better brighter days welcome. You guys have come to the right place. Share your daily thoughts and express yourself on daily basis. We are all here to support you.

As for me I was helped a lot of all these folks and right now not in good situation with AL. But keep coming back here and posting as I know only there is the right path towards sobriety. Only thru here I can stand again on my feet and gather strength to stay sober.

I miss now the sober days when I used to crave for ice creams and chocolates.

I will not drink today
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here's to an AF day Rahul! :l
                      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah Halo. You said it all.
                        Congratulations Sanchez. 90 days. You are doing so great. :wave:
                        Dottie sorry you feel under the weather. Ha.
                        Somed, bbd, Eriegirl, lovely glad to see you. This place has really changed my life. Stay close and your life will be changed. You will felt so much better.
                        On my homefront. We are going to put a lock on my bedroom door. Not good. I hate that. My home is my sanctuary and I want to feet comfortable and safe here. Sigh. Odaat.
                        Have a wonderful af night all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening my pretties .. some of you look rather ravishing tonight you sultry minxes you..

sanchez;1581652 wrote: Good morning nesters. Okay - for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the acronym MAE stands for.
                          NoSugar;1581657 wrote: I thought it was some secret code in some of the threads but it turns out to be a greeting that recognizes we are from all over the world: Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.
                          lifechange;1581676 wrote: That's so funny, Sanchez! .. I thought it was some kind of inside joke. Now I love it..
                          K9Lover;1581723 wrote: I thought MAE was someone's beloved old Aunt
                          MinStar;1581766 wrote: MAE Nesters! Lol the acronym has had many confoundled!
                          I always thought it was for us to think of happy thoughts .. like MEA West !! Meeooww !

some-dumbass;1581755 wrote:
                          MAE all..
                          Oh so it was just Some-Dumbass who started this whole thing..ok got it :goodjob:

I think Im going to just start saying "GWAWK Nesters !" ( Good Whenever And Wherever Kindreds ) just to mix things up a little bit. I think it might work because Gwawk sounds like something you would hear coming out of a nest...and it sounds catchy too. But if this goes viral I want full credit..and royalties damit !

Ican- You sound good though. Your posting all over the place here..good for you !

sanchez;1581652 wrote:
                          Dave - as always so awesome to see your cheerful self come through your posts in spite of everything you're going through.
                          Yea..me and you brother ! Being bummered out sucks blue donkeys ! I dont know how I could handle everything if I was a 24-7 debbie downer killjoy. On the plus side of laughing is that my blood gets to my cheeks making my complexion nice and peachy..chicks love it

What do you get for 90 days ? Grats man ! Ill bet Brydie is warming up something...

lifechange;1581676 wrote:
                          ....So I panicked, as we are leaving in 3 weeks, but got an appointment for tomorrow morning and will hopefully have a passport in time. Please wish me luck.
                          Sure wishing you them passports soon. I cant Imagine a worse thing then missing a plane due to a scrap of paper. Well I can If I tried I guess. Really it wouldn't be hard if you want me to give it a go..

eriegirl;1581715 wrote:
                          Well it is day one. That's me in all the stories I read. I am new to posting anything but hope someone out there who is also new will be my buddy. Good luck to all and God bless.:new:
                          Hello eriegirl its a pleasure to meet you. You did find a great place .. or it found you like it did for me. Regardless feel free to Say anything you want. There are no confines or judgements floating around here. I like to speak rather than post as you can probably tell. Anyways Im sure you will find a good partner and possibly even a few fine friends. I will bet that within a week your going to have a phone number. I would ask you for yours but Im not quite to the year AF point yet Well .. that and Im kinda sorta still "legally" married for a short time so..Looking to knowing you better. ( You should realize that Im an off the cuff speaker..it might take a few days for you to get used to my writing style )

MinStar;1581766 wrote:
                          She can claim your a drunks etc etc but when you're done 60 AF days and on a roll she will have to shove it up xxxxxxxx
                          Sweet ! I think thats this friday too ! Gonna be a great weekend just thinking about that one. .. Just kidding .. .. bah who am I kidding Im gonna throw a party filled with chocho chip Ice Cream and some Yogurt .. possible even get to putting up some window panels for the full blown block out affect. And then Who knows whats gonna happen behind these dark walls *rubs hands together and grins*.

betterbrighterdays;1581749 wrote: I am new here. I found this board back in April, and read it a bunch, though I hadn't registered or posted anything until now. Today sucks. My anxiety and guilt sucks.
                          Hello BBD its also very nice to meet you too. Im kinda at a loss for words after I have been so jovial and all and I dont want to disrespect how you feel so I would like to just say please hang in there. Its a terrific place you have landed in and all the peeps here are just top notch. Pull up a twig and allow us to get to know you a bit more.

eriegirl;1581769 wrote: Is there a spellchecker?
                          Try right clicking on your window .. should bring up a "check spelling" in that popup list. Just check that and then bobs your uncle..It just wont spellcheck per say. It will only show you misspelled words..after that Google is your uncle..

MossRose;1581817 wrote:
                          I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, as I was feeling rather unwell (luckily not in "that" way - just a virus) .. - I will try to read back more tonight, but must say, I am so happy to finally know what MAE means. LOL.
                          I still like GWAWK better .. help me out on this one Moss..your my last hope ..

Hello to all the others that I might have missed but Im pretty sure I gotch all.

Well as you can tell I had a great day. For reasons unknown I just felt real good ever since I woke up at 6am. Got me a good post up before work..had a great time sanding and getting dust Everywhere ! I cleared out the building when I busted out my 8"er. .. Um yea thats an 8" soft pad sander folks. Although it was a rainy windy overcast gray day I found it rather exciting. I took some BBQ marinated chicken to work and fired up the Brinkman for lunch. You would never have thought that much smoke could fill up a large bay with all the doors closed that quickly but it did. I was the hero for the day for being such a sporting lunch cook. .. Oh I cant lie to you guys. I had another guy barb the birds cause I would have flamed the cluckers till they were nothing but charcoal. I can cook with heat just fine..flame is something that I will leave to James Beard.

Speaking of James Beard..I think Its time to raid the kitchen. Maybe a little Mythbusters ( finally new episodes on netflix ) and then possibly do a quick shower. Then possibly a quicky "GWAWK" before I go vertical

Wishing a little of whatever got into me today to the Nest..

Dave
                          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave - very impressive! hahaha. Glad you are back.
                            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everyone! Hope y'all are having a great AF night!

Welcome to all of the new nesters. It's a great place!!

I had a wonderful day. Just a good mood all around! Had 4 people tell me I look like I'm losing weight, 4 others guessed my age at 10 yrs younger than actual (42) they thought I was early 30's!! And boocoodles of people tell me how beatific my hair was!!!!

Now I'm sitting in bed with hubby after eating delicious meal. Sunday I cooked a boston butt, and homemade Mac n cheese, so tonight we made BBQ from the butt and had leftovers. I may not do a lot of things great, but I am a damn good cook!

38 days today and I love laying in bed, no buzz, and chilling out. For some reason, chilling out sober works out much better than passing out drunk...
                              Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                              -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWK! :H ::H
                                That's exactly what my chickens say all day long Dave :H

Good evening everyone & welcome to our newest newbies!
                                I am super tired tonight so I'll be brief

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Grab the butt Velcro & stay put!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X