Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh folks I had that forever thought today while making my errands today. I would think about how am I going to do this "forever" might as well give in now....good grief...I did not but the urges were sure there...nice hair do, painted toes and wine would have been my Friday night..but NO NO NO
    So I am home and watching the news and going to make dinner shortly...sigh...
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Dottie, STAY STRONG!!! Sober feels to good. I was a wine drinker too and Friday nights would have been a couple bottles of pino grigio but not this Friday night.
      DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters. Looks like it's been another busy day. I haven't had time to read back, but hope everyone is doing well. I did notice the new pics. K9 - great one. Sam - Didn't know you played violin. Very cool, my friend. Looking foward to catching up on posts tonight.

Still feeling under the weather, so off to finish cooking my soup. It absolutely reeks of garlic in here, but I'm determined to beat this bug over the weekend...so garlic, vit c, and an array of other holistic treatments are on tap. My poor neighbors. Well, at least they won't have to worry about vampires.

Everyone strap in and stay strong.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still awake and it's midnight!! Ahhh..
          It's because I found the Laughing Out Loud section under Daily Life--
          For anyone feeling a bit bored, head over there-- some pretty funny jokes/videos to get caught up in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all

DW, good to see you! yes, we are still on the same day, are you still getting to many meetings? :l

Rose, hope you feel better soon, I've been a bit sniffly lately but it hasn't really come to anything thank god. Hope the garlic works!

Sam, that is one cool pic! What kind of music do you play?

K9, that's a lovely pic of you and your daughter, you are so alike!

I had a sober birthday this year and it was awesome guys. Celebrating something sober beats the hell out of passing out drunk and not remembering it!

Dottie, breaking those old habits is hard, eh? You are doing fantastically well and enjoying your sober life, hang on to that!

LC, you and I keep missing each other, but I always enjoy reading your posts.

Another busy day here, I am beat, but happy. Work is great, family are great (still worried about my niece, she has been having a problem with painkillers, I have urged her to tell her doctor and she seems to be doing better).

I have my date tomorrow, it felt strange that he asked me out the way he did, but also a bit inevitable, if that makes sense. Like I was somehow subconsciously expecting it.

I have a post bubbling in my head right now about my previous AF period and my subsequent 6 day lapse from hell. Believe it or not, the thoughts in my head are mainly positive, and I think it might help those that have lapsed recently. But I am going to sleep on it tonight and may post it tomorrow if it works out right.

There are too many in the nest to name individually, but please believe me, everything I read here, every single post, matters to me.

So keep posting, and keep on keeping on! :h
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - some really good posts out here today.
              Myluck - what did the doctor say? Or did I miss that?
              Cat - Congrats on 40 days and finding your creativity again.
              Jvo - the nest can be so intimidating. It took me months to get the nerve to jump in and I still get overwhelmed (in a good way).
              Pavoti and Willow - great job on having a plan. I didn't in the beginning, and that was a mistake.
              Ican - laughter is so healing!! Congrats on 11 days.
              Lucky - "Waking up in the middle of the night aching with remorse." This reminds me why I can't drink. Profound.
              Acadia - Welcome and congrats on 11 days.
              Daily Wine - glad you are back. Hang in there.
              LB - so glad to see you again. As always, you are inspirational.
              Erie - good you found your way back to the nest. Keep posting. It's the key.
              Halo - couldn't agree more. Forever is a very scary word. I don't use it much, whether that is good or bad, but for me - it really must be one day at a time.
              LifeChange - hope you get a good night's sleep.
              Dottie, hang in there. You are doing great.

I apologize if I missed anyone. You are in my thoughts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evenin Nesters....still GWAWKing along! (now it's a VERB!)

Whataday! I'm telling you....5 shipping errors to the same customer this week...they've HAD it with us, and so have I. I'm just glad this week is done. I'm going to go relax in a hot bath and wash off this dam week. I mean it was AWFUL and one for the books...I try to look on the bright side and say at least I have a job, but today, I didn't feel very lucky.

BUT I am sober and I DO love that!! Stay strong everyone! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

BH
                  I scratch on some old time music, love the blues fiddle but not very good at it.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did nobody get my GWAWK-amole joke? Guacamole? Get it? Get it??

*crickets*crickets*crickets*
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I get it, I get it!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose - thank you for asking. The GI doctor said that my husband's pancreatitis was defiantly caused by heavy drinking. I am glad somebody like doctor told my husband that, as he still was trying to find other reasons, thanks for buddies BS. So good news is that doctor said that his pancreas bounced back really well. He also explained that this organ can regenerate to complete healing as long he doesn't drink AL. I am so happy (can't even describe) that this doctor said repeatedly (lime 10 times I swear) - NO AL!!! For a very, very, very long time. Ever. So he seemed listen and this is the same thing any doctor we have seen so far said. My husband is not just experiencing no AL change, but also needing to be on low fat diet for his pancreas as well, just was ordered to be in low carb for his blood sugar - it is a border line now. So many life changes at once. I am trying to be there for him and I am eating same things he does and I am going to go to the book store tomorrow to buy low fat low carb cook books to keep it tasty for him. What is funny is that this GI doctor, as well as dietitian - both said " your wife is right, seems she got it. Listen to her, you are in good hands."
                        AF since 10/20/2013
                        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                        Meat free since 09/20/2008
                        ---------------------------------------
                        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still gwawking at your photo k9
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

My luck I hope it sinks in for hubby. Meanwhile keep looking after yourself too!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

My luck - glad the doctor was honest with your husband. I know I mentioned before that I have a brother who has suffered a few bouts of pancreatitis, so I know how serious it is. Let's just hope that your husband is accepting the truth. He really can't drink anymore. But, I realize he has to make that decision for himself. You'll be in my thoughts. xx

K9 - I thought it was hilarious. But I have to admit, I'm still clueless. What does gwawk mean? Or is it just a Daveism? Maybe it's more fun not knowing. LOL.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWK by Dave

GWAWK Nesters !" ( Good Whenever And Wherever Kindreds

Here it is for those who missed it.:H

Comment

Working...
                                X