• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you Lucky!! GWAWK everyone!!
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lucky! I thought it meant Golly We Are Wicked Kewl. No?
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great World And We're indaspecial

Comment

Newbies Nest

bahahahaha - okay K9, now I really have to say it with feeling - GWAWK.!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great World And We're Kindaspecial

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I like K9's version of GWAWK..
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1582341 wrote: I think I mentioned that I signed up for the 21 days of gratitude meditation challenge. Well, life has intervened and I've only meditated 1 of 4 days (back to it this weekend), but I try to challenge myself to wake up with thoughts of gratitude.
                Pavati
                All the meditations are still there and available. I'm behind a bit too. Not sure how long they will be up there - really enjoyed today's - I mean yesterdays' that I did today.
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Weekend Ahead, We Know!

Checking in at witching hour here in CA. I am going to keep with my plan and take a walk soon (after I take care of the H in Halt with some cheese and crackers). I do have an inkling for a drinkling (that's how I (used to) roll on a Friday night), but I will not be caving tonight. I know the urge will be fleeting, and I can come here and type instead. Thanks, MWO friends.

I had the same hang up on "forever," and that is what kept me from posting here in the first place. I am an intelligent woman and I have seen the way the "maybe someday" "I can moderate now" slips in to play, but I can't seem to say forever yet. I didn't want to come here and be dishonest with you all when I had a thought in the back of my head that I was different, and I would be ok. Just this once. On vacation. All the cool kids are doing it...

So, I am not yet saying forever either. One day at a time. I will be sober today. That doesn't seem so hard after all, and that mindset brought me to finally post which has brought me such a greater peace of mind than when I was trying to do it on my own. I am alert to the complacency that might set in later in this journey. I am armed with my daily plans. One day at a time.

Happy Friday - most likely I will check in later and try to respond more directly to posts. The gwawk-a-mole comment has me searching for dinner.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am glad the doctor told your husband that. Maybe it will be easier for you guys to remain AF and have a healthier diet/lifestyle if you do it together!

No drinking for me today. I did have a thought at work that I would really like to just sit on the couch and drink a beer, but immediately, I was all... no way. Not even fun. I think at this point it is just something I have done for the past few weekends so it's a habit. I will be so happy when I wake up well-rested in the morning without bad anxiety and feeling tired all day.

Hope you all are doing well.
                    AF: 11/7/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, I'm Strong.

Oprah and Deepak Chopra have a meditation starting on Monday. I might try that as well. I'm not sure how keeping my eyes opened works for me, but I do love those images. I'll try yesterdays tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1582380 wrote: Holy GWAWK-amole!
                        GWAKamole! another craving! another food item to stuff into my face!!! psycho-somatic. I'm sure that isn't how it is spelled - but the power of suggestion is getting to me. I was walking behind a fat guy and suddenly craved bacon.
                        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1582504 wrote: Oh folks I had that forever thought today while making my errands today. I would think about how am I going to do this "forever" might as well give in now....good grief...I did not but the urges were sure there...nice hair do, painted toes and wine would have been my Friday night..but NO NO NO
                          So I am home and watching the news and going to make dinner shortly...sigh...
                          I bet you sat there (in the old days) all gorgeous until you got drunk, drooled and messed up your hair. Think how wonderful you will feel tomorrow morning. All we have is now Dottie Belle - we start thinking about forever and we're in trouble. Cook you dinner and enjoy what it feels like to be aware of what your are doing and what is happening around you. When I think of all the drunken meals I missed . . .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati - you are doing great. I'm still a newbie too. So "forever" scares me to pieces. It's just so much easier for me to say "I won't" or better yet, "I didn't" drink today. I can't wait to join the ranks of those who know for a certainty that they never want to drink again. They are my inspiration. I'm not there yet, but that is my ultimate goal.

Brighter - glad you stayed strong. You will be so happy in the morning.

Strong - I hear you. Was just scrounging in my fridge for something else to eat. OMG!! This has got to stop.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1582569 wrote: Thanks, I'm Strong.

Oprah and Deepak Chopra have a meditation starting on Monday. I might try that as well. I'm not sure how keeping my eyes opened works for me, but I do love those images. I'll try yesterdays tonight.
                              I signed up for that one too - I did one of their meditations about a year ago. I have difficulty with the mantras - worried that I'm mispronouncing them and will conjure up some unwanted, evil spirits instead of bliss.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati, it is too anxiety-producing for me to say I will never drink again. I think it just easier to say I am not drinking right now.
                                AF: 11/7/13

Comment

Working...
                                X