Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ok, now i have to go to bed. sleepy, sleepy-- look forward to seeing you for a coffee sometime tomorrow:l.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
      I think I have entered the holiday funk...I do not like this time of year and cant remember a sober one. I have no kids and no siblings so it is just dh and me...he has kids but that is another LONG story..
      Anyone else get in a funk this time of year??? I am going to need LOTS of support to get through this.
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiyas Nesters

This is going to be a short one because Im in the middle of some slight modifications to my surround sound speakers ( wires hanging all over the place lol ). That and Im terribly hungry.

Ive been having some difficulties with my weekends alone here at the homefront. Just basic bordom type things. House is clean so not much to occupy my time here. I used to play my PS3 game but my boys ending up Loving it too .. so I try to stay away from playing it so I dont get too far ahead from where we left off when they were here last. I guess depending on the outcome of the custody deal is when I will decide whether Im staying in this home..or renting something a bit smaller. Thats been kinda making me hold off on anymore updating to the house.

Nothing real new to speak of right now..nothing earth shattering anyways. What is kinda nice is that Im being able to relax to a certain degree now. Its been awhile for me to be able to do that..feels good but I feel like I should be doing something ..

Anyways Im wishing you all a great saturday night and a peaceful sunday.

Dave.
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roadrunner, great to see you! I'm so happy to hear that you are 3 months AF!
          :goodtime: :goodtime: :goodtime:

Wish you'd check in more often! Being AF is the best!

Dot Bell. ODAT. That's how it's done. Make a list that always helps me.

Dave. Good luck with your electronics. Have a blast!
          Busy day here. I baked some banana nut bread and a brownie pie. (Sorry NoSugar). I'm taking them for thanksgiving. Bought a new Christmas tree. AND I knitted a scarf! Productive day. Hope everyone has a great evening. Byrdie.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the moon, Byrdie. A prize that was well worth the effort to this moon child. Thanks for the support, everyone.

Just time for a quick check in - family coming over for dinner. My plan is a sparkling water with some good juice I put into it and lots of food. My sister is here and she knows my plan, so it is all good.

I will read back more tomorrow. Have wonderful, sober evenings (although here on the west coast of the US I guess we are the only ones still in evenings. I think it is tomorrow for a lot of you...)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm just going to do a quick post tonight.
              I've started making my chocolates. I sell some around this time of year and I'm starting a fund for a good used car for the housekeeping. I bought s new vacuum 2 years ago the same way. I don't expect to make that many chocolates, but anything will help right now.
              Have a great night all.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

On my own now, the girls have gone home. Love having my daughter & granddaughter here but they leave me exhausted

LB, making chocolates sounds great! What's your favorite?
                I am rising to the challenge of doing all my holiday baking dairy & gluten free so we can all enjoy some goodies.

Congrats to everyone in the nest, I see a LOT of progress & that is wonderful! Makes us old birds happy & proud, right Byrdie ? :H

Wishing everyone a FWAWKING safe night in the nest, right Dave?

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati - you have a good plan, little beagle - good that you have something to keep you busy! I went to cycling class today and it kicked my but - figuratively and literally - this sadle is quite rough to sit on for 60 min - lol
                  AF since 10/20/2013
                  Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                  Meat free since 09/20/2008
                  ---------------------------------------
                  With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

ANother AF weekend on the horizon, first snow day and spending it marking, marking and more marking. Can't wait for Christmas to replace the marking with baking and if I'm lucky napping! :l
                    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 28

GWAWKy MAE, Nesters

Hope there's not a babbelaas in sight in the Nest! I'm still trying to open my eyes, but it's a glorious day here, so I'm going to have a quick read, and then spend some quality sweaty time in the garden.

Coffee's ready! Ican, I see you're here with our Bellest Dotty - help yourselves. LC, there you go!

Talk later!
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dotty, I forgot to add that YES, I get in a funk around this time of year. I've always been a party girl, but there are just too many of them, and it is dark and cold and all I want to do is remember the spirit of the season, be warm and cozy, and do a jigsaw puzzle. I live where I grew up and my husband's family is here, too, so there are too many expectations as well - for our time, where we should go, what the tradition is, etc. Anyway, let's support each other, ok? I do know that the anxiety and tension will not be made any better with alcohol!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all, well I have woken up with the worst headache so looks like I'm starting to detox. This is going to be a hard day so bear with me, I'll probably be here a lot today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Willow, drink as much water and green tea as you can to keep you hydrated. I was going to suggest having a quiet day, but it seems as though your family will be keeping you on the run. Hang in there, and post, post, post, ok? Stay strong!
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in. Fresh on a Sunday morning

This time last week I was off my nut still.

I'm now in the mind set of "what am I missing".

Hope everyone is well. If you've had a night on the AL, makes sure you eat and drink nutritious foods today. A week can make a massive difference - Trust me :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1583076 wrote: Evening all,
                                I think I have entered the holiday funk...I do not like this time of year and cant remember a sober one. I have no kids and no siblings so it is just dh and me...he has kids but that is another LONG story..
                                Anyone else get in a funk this time of year??? I am going to need LOTS of support to get through this.
                                Dottie - I took close to 2 weeks off work last Christmas and all I did was easy junk and drink alcohol. I felt terrible. Ruined myself.

You need to make sure you have something to work towards this year - a hobby or nice daysout.
                                It is tough

Comment

Working...
                                X