Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello again everyone..

MWO was acting up for me but I guess the techs resolved it ?

Anyways I got my covers all washed up but its being a bit more of a chore to put them back on that I initially anticipated. Im determined though . So I talked to the boys for a little bit and I felt much better afterwards. I just wanted to poke my beak in here to say hello before I get to stuffing the stuffing.

Welp Im off .. I hope to catch up on some forum reading later but no promises k. Going to take J-vos advice and watch a movie and relax. After all I did spend a bunch of time redoing the speakers and stuff last night (Dolby Digital Surround sound here I come)

Dave
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dammit, my huge long post got eated!

The Nest is looking good tonight, well done everyone. I haven't been on
      much. My date went well last night, so well we had lunch today as well. :H

I know the rules about getting into relationships early in recovery, but this guy and I already are close friends, and we have a lot of respect for each other. So, like everything else in my life right now, it's one day at a time. For the curious, there was some kissyface. AL was not an issue, we were both driving and drinking sparkling water.

Londoner, I am so glad you stayed in last night, well done on seven days! What did you miss out on? Waking up today with a sick body, mind and spirit. That's where AL takes us. To despising ourselves, and relying on him to give us a brief and very expensive (in more ways than financially) respite from our guilt, shame and remorse.

AL is a liar, a trickster. He reminds me of one of those evil characters from a Stephen King book, he's a soul stealer. He has been around forever, perfecting his methods. He grows and thrives on our weakness.

I have read a lot of Stephen King books, enough to know that any demon can be overcome. It's not easy to stand up to a demon, but it's doable.

People here are conquering AL, one day at a time. If you are a newbie, just starting, take that first step, that one day for yourself. Don't lift a drink, just for one day. Defeat that bastard for just one day. If you can do that, you can do it for another. But don't think about that till tomorrow.
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow23;1583324 wrote: 'I was never that bad so it's ok for me to drink'. 6
        Willow - this is one of the biggest lies I used to tell myself. When I was hitting bottom and needed an excuse to continue my downward spiral, I would point to someone else who I considered to be a worse drunk than me, and use that as justification to keep drinking. aarrgh...the addicted brain always finds a way, doesn't it?

Giraffe - so glad to see you found your way to the nest. Stay close, okay? xx

Hope everyone else is doing well today. Today, I made the terrible mistake of going grocery shopping while hungry. I'm still in awe at what I bought. Won't do that again anytime soon. But that key lime pie sure does look delicious. LOL.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bhalo - our posts crossed. So glad to hear you had a good time on your date. I was thinking about you. Gives me hope.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm in the newbies nest ... I did post in the starting here thread and was directed here Your posts are very encouraging. Are you all abstaining 100%? I've done that before... for a year. Attended AA classes, but they got weird for me. Not saying it's bad, just started feeling a little awkward.

I struggle with the idea of never drinking. It's a really scary thing. Plus, it's not bad ALL of the time, but when it is bad, it's bad.... like it was for me on Thursday night. and now I'm left with that icky depressed feeling where you want to do nothing but sit here and feel sorry for yourself. Sorry to be a Debbie downer!! lol. I know it will get better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters. Please join me in dropping yer pants for Londoner! Whew. The hardest job is behind you. We are all so proud of you! Keep up the great work!

:moon:

The Nest
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1583558 wrote: Nesters. Please join me in dropping yer pants for Londoner! Whew. The hardest job is behind you. We are all so proud of you! Keep up the great work!

:moon:

The Nest
                drops pants that sounds so wrong! Well done London lad :l:l
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose;1583549 wrote: Bhalo - our posts crossed. So glad to hear you had a good time on your date. I was thinking about you. Gives me hope.
                  Hope is good, it keeps us going. Where would we be without it? :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Katie and welcome! We were just having the discussion about NEVER on Friday. Be sure to go back a few days and check it out.
                    Here in the nest we do promote the AF lifestyle....simply because for us there is just no living with it anymore. If you think you have a trouble with AL you are most likely right. Here's the good news: every single one of us feels 1000 times better being AF than we ever did drinking. Hop on board again, we can help! Be sure to check out the tool box for wonderful ideas. Link is below. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose;1583547 wrote: Willow - this is one of the biggest lies I used to tell myself. When I was hitting bottom and needed an excuse to continue my downward spiral, I would point to someone else who I considered to be a worse drunk than me, and use that as justification to keep drinking. aarrgh...the addicted brain always finds a way, doesn't it?
                      It sure does!

Night folks. Here I am at the end of Day 4. We've been super busy which has really helped. Same as last night I feel a bit apprehensive about tomorrow - DH is on a late shift and I'll be home alone with the kids. Major trigger and not one I can avoid as we have no family here that can come around to distract me or for me to go to them. I have my AF red wine though, apple juice and ginger beer. And a couple more books - reading is helping to distract me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and hello Katie. I find the whole never thing frightening too and kind of inconceivable at the moment - so I just don't think about it or I will go crazy!

I think you know what you have to do though, same as the rest of us. Recently I tripped getting up from the sofa and fell forward onto my wine glass. Of course it shattered under me and glass went everywhere - I was very lucky to not have severely injured myself. My husband had to get me up and clean up after me whilst I stood there having a panic attack because it did really scare me at how badly it could have ended. Was very badly bruised on my left side for several days, but like an idiot I still drank twice more after that before signing back in here (I hadn't posted here for a year as I'd given up quitting). Now finishing Day 4.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                            Busy day. Church then our monthly train club meeting. Had a good time.
                            I am NOT a fan of the darkness so early....it is 6:30 and I am ready for bed...bleh..
                            But there is some mindless TV waiting for me so I guess I will stick it out a while...tea is brewing so I am going to stay warm.
                            Nothing exciting for this week so maybe I can catch up here.
                            The weather folks are predicting "snow" boohiss....but not much...need to dig the snow blower out of the shed...just in case they are wrong....
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wheeee Im feeling good for some reason.. .. probably just some good music is flowing out of the speakers :rockband:

broken halo;1583541 wrote: For the curious, there was some kissyface.
                              Um.. Yea Im curious .. :naughtfeet:

broken halo;1583562 wrote: drops pants that sounds so wrong! Well done London lad
                              Heck no..I was waiting to see some cheeks on my day 7 .. Great Job Londoner !

some-dumbass;1583612 wrote:
                              You ok SD ?

Well I decided to hold off on the movie right now .. Ive got them for 5 days anyways. Just hanging and Jamming to music. So I have a suggestion for anyone thats going to wash their couch cushion covers. Split them up into two loads ! Yea..I got my fresh out of the dryer warm sweet smelling cotton wraps installed ( after an hour wrestling with which ones go where ) only to see that all but one and a half "whities" made it without "tiger striping". The rest of them have this semi-tie-die affect going on LOL. Well at least I know how to take the damn things off and on now..and they do smell and feel good. I think Im going to hit them again next time I feel like "I should do something" :-) . Other than that .. my house is once again spotless, laundryless and dishless.

Im off for a shorty to get some buy one get one free wiper blades. Just heard that it might be snowing Monday here.

Welcome to the nest newbies .. your in some good wings here.
                              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters & a big fat GWAK to you Dave!
                                BOGO wiper blades? Really?? :H :H
                                Glad you got your couch put together again. I was afraid I was going to have to drag mine out in the yard last weekend after my grandson puked all over it but thankfully it's OK

SD, check in, OK?

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X