Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Another Monday on the horizon and another AF weekend down, hope everyone is doing well. The days are getting darker and colder, hope to find ways to let some heat and sunshine in, broken halo seems to have some ideas!!
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not much time to post today. Am doing well- feeling much better. I am now two days smoke free as well. Have been working, got a couple of runs in, did some cleaning, eating/cooking nice, healthy meals. My son is out of town this weekend so it has been nice. Hope everyone is doing well!
      AF: 11/7/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi,

Survived the in laws sans alcohol. I am sorry that I have a cold, but it did help me from even wanting to drink today, so there is your silver lining. I'm so tired right now - I wonder if it is still the toxins leaving my body in addition to the cold. How long did it take you long timers to feel "righted?"

BH - I'm glad the date was good and you got a little kissy face. Dave, hilarious! Do emoticons like that get unlocked with each "level" you pass in MWO?

J-Vo - we do seem to have a lot in common. My family is supportive of anything I do, but they really don't understand my need to quit. They just think I need to tone it down, quit drinking hard liquor, eat, etc. They sometimes help me with my excuses which is NOT a good thing. Sounds like you had a great weekend - keep it up.

My Luck - I've been wanting to try a spinning class but can't seem to have the courage. I've heard they're brutal and I'm afraid I'd be behind. Hm. Sounds familiar - the fear. Maybe that will be the next thing I try.

Katiedid - Welcome to a great place. I was relieved to finally post here and get all of the wonderful support from everyone. And a few laughs as well.

Moss - I hear you about shopping hungry - amazing what can jump in the cart.

Looking forward to Monday and a sober week ahead. No more weekend temptation for another five days. Stay strong. Be nice to yourselves.

Comment

Newbies Nest

And 'night to everyone I missed. Sorry, I'm still not the best at remembering and answering everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1583665 wrote: Hi,

Survived the in laws sans alcohol. I am sorry that I have a cold, but it did help me from even wanting to drink today, so there is your silver lining. I'm so tired right now - I wonder if it is still the toxins leaving my body in addition to the cold. How long did it take you long timers to feel "righted?"
            You're doing great, Pavati :goodjob:.

I'm just amazed at how good some people feel so quickly after getting off AL! I felt truly awful for about 2 weeks and not great (very tired and cold) for a couple months. There is such a wide variety of responses, whatever happens for you is probably just as normal as anything else. The good news is, once you've adjusted, you'll probably feel better physically than you have in years - that alone makes it worth it yet it is only one of the many great changes in store .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 29

GWAWKy auntie MAE Nesters

There's hot coffee for everybody! Best thing ever to get you in a good mood on a Monday!

Later!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yuck... Another fall before day 30... I'll make it one day. I really felt GREAT the last two weeks and I had my plan all ready for last night for the ballgame and then my plans changed and I had to stay home and I had bought beer for hubby to bring to ballgame party and he forgot it at home and ... Yadda yadda yadda....nothing horrible - no passing out or blacking out or even really getting drunk....just failure to meet my goal ... So day 1 again tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1583665 wrote: Hi,

Sorry about your cold Pavati, glad that it helped you with not drinking with the inlaws though. I'm feeling a bit rubbish too, didn't sleep well last night (which I think is normal a few days in) and headachy again. I don't feel brilliant yet despite quitting but I know it'll take time - although one thing I noticed recently was that I was getting chest pains and breathlessness after a night of drinking. At least I don't have that any more!

BBD - good job on quitting the cigarettes too x

I Can - no worries, you're going to be straight back on a quit, right? I remember doing the exact same once, came straight back here the next day. It's hard to do that as you have to admit it, so good on you for that x

Hope everyone is ok. Taking the kids swimming this morning as one of their weekly 'P.E.' lessons, then home for the more academic stuff. I do love teaching them at home myself and it's far easier without a hangover! Day 5.

Comment

Newbies Nest

BROKEN HALO HAS 30 DAYS!!!!!
                    :lilangel::lilangel::lilangel::lilangel::lilangel: :lilangel:
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I do indeedy.Thanks Dreamy
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, well the wedding is OVER! The stress levels are gone and I remember everything about the night. I did have a few wines but that was it. My daughter looked absolutely beautiful and there was not a dry eye in the place. It was freezing cold, typical Melbourne weather but it was the best wedding. Now she is relaxing in Bali on her honeymoon. My mother is staying at her place for a week and I am having a few days off and getting off the AL. I was so ready to kill her with her comments about always hating my ex husband (which i have heard millions of times before) but what can you do really. She is a lot happier now the wedding is over and i am a lot happier I am having a break from her. Tomorrow I will so try and post some pics but now I am exhausted and overtired and ready for bed.

Congrats BH, you are doing so well. I hope one and all are still staying strong.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE nesters ..

Thanks for the Jav there Dream .. two lumps please.

Pavati;1583665 wrote: How long did it take you long timers to feel "righted?"
                          Morning Pav. I agree that everyone would have different timelines with leveling off. For me I had my withdraws from my kids so its hard to say. However I felt much better after a week..and after two weeks I was even more "righted". Hope you feel better from your cold soon.

Icanwithoutacan;1583682 wrote:
                          Yuck... Another fall before day 30...
                          Yea maybe so..but your sounding great

So glad your stress is subsiding Available. I was never really into those kind of functions. Best wedding I went to was in a cherry orchard with about 10 others. That was a good time for everyone.

Im just grabbing some of DTDs' coffee and a few cheese and raisin scones before I Gwawk out the door.

Giving out some good mojo for everyone and your monday.

Dave
                          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters.

Sunny & chilly here so far

BH, CONGRATS on 30 AF days! Let's keep going!!!

available, so happy to hear the wedding was wonderful & no damage was done
                            I would have given anything to have my mother at my kid's weddings but sadly she wasn't even around long enough to see them grow up. I wish your Mom understood how lucky she is!

I have lots of work waiting for me so I'll wish everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can, YOU CAN! You will.

Today my schedule is a little different. We have parent/teacher conferences so I don't need to go in until 11:30. A nice, lazy, hangover free morning and I'm lovin' it! It's quite amazing how great one feels just eliminating the poison from our bodies. It's still all so new, so I'm appreciating this great feeling, day after day.

Day 21 here and I'm hungry for more!

Have a great day, ALL!
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWK: It's not just for breakfast anymore! I'm telling you, what a great word that is....it serves as a noun, verb, adverb, Proper noun (GWAWKY Mae), I wouldn't be surprised if it went gwawking VIRAL! A word for ALL occasions!

Broken Halo, it is with great pride that the nest and I recognize this great milestone for you today! Seems to me that awards that come hard-earned are even more appreciated! I hope you'll accept this small token of a big job! Your hat:

:goodtime:

In our world, every single day is a battle of wills.....the will to give in and the will to dig out. Congratulations on setting your mind to a task, and then accomplishing it! Would you have a few words as to how you did it? Something that helped this time? These accounts are priceless to us all! We are so proud of you! Keep it going and you'll never regret it! Well done!

The Gang
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X