Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters. Looking out the window at our first snowfall of the year. Just a dusting, but absolutely beautiful. It makes the nest feel just that much cozier.

Honey - It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Be kind to yourself, okay? As Dottie said, we just tend to get worried when someone disappears, even briefly. But it's only out of concern.

Isty - What a shame about your brother. I agree, he must feel quite badly about himself but that still doesn't give him the right to treat you meanly. Right now, you have to do everything possible to protect yourself and your quit. btw, I'm a juicer too. In fact, I've met quite a few fresh juice fanatics here. hmmm...maybe we should start a thread in the recipe section. Just a thought.

Willow - Congrats on 5 days. You are doing great.

Eriegirl - glad to see that you are posting faithfully. You can do this.

Elvis - support in real life is golden. I'm so glad you talked with your wife. Now you can work together. And you'll always have us too

Lav - I keep meaning to ask you a question. Are you a vegan? I saw a cookbook you recommended and it made me curious. If so, I would love to ask you a few questions.

Avail - I sure have missed you. So glad to hear the wedding went well. Sorry your mom was being contrary, but this too shall pass, right? Hope to see you around a lot more these days.

Stay strong everyone.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Let me be clear about this- I would never tell my brother anything I am doing to better myself or to make myself feel better. He would just trash it. (Even juicing btw) So, I protected in the manner that truly he knows very, very little about my life and I will keep it that way FOREVER. That's a forever that doesn't scare me! So that he contacted me and then started in bullying me, calling me a druggie etc.. is weird. I don't do drugs. I have no idea, don't care. It's his issue not mine.

Willow- day 5. Ugh. I want to be at day five~

The weather just might be a major portion of my headaches, warm front turning to cold front in a matter of a few hours. It gives me a headache almost every time. The weather is not to be blamed for my tingling, tension though, that's the wine- lack of wine.

My evening is just starting!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Every channel is talking about snow..so what did my AL addicted brain think...I must go get some wine so I have enough to weather the storm...WHAT??? Good grief....I had that thought and almost immediately thought U dont drink...U dont need any wine...u have plenty of hot tea....I know that eventually that thought wont even come into my head....now please....
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Isty - I apologize if I offended you. I certainly didn't mean anything. I just thought we MWO juicers might want to start a thread, that's all. Hope you get relief from your headache.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRoss... LOL I addressed it to myself! I am not offended at all. I am in for a juicing thread. I was pointing out the irony that my brother even picks on healthful, perfectly normal things and calls them Wacko - extremist things. I have loads of recipes but tend to just throw juices together. I have been juicing since the early 80s.

I want to talk more. I have to run errands- THANK GOODNESS!!! Thanks all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose I juice and make smoothies..I like them both...the smoothie clean up is so much easier..at least with my juicer...I would like a thread on the recipes if I knew where that was..
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hDottie and isty - I juice and do green smoothies as well!!! Let's share recipes !!!!
                AF since 10/20/2013
                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                ---------------------------------------
                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle! This is so me, it's probably many of us if not all of us.

Every channel is talking about snow..so what did my AL addicted brain think...I must go get some wine so I have enough to weather the storm...WHAT??? Good grief....I had that thought and almost immediately thought U dont drink...U dont need any wine...u have plenty of hot tea....I know that eventually that thought wont even come into my head....now please...

Hold tight, don't go get any! During a post I posted earlier, I wrote that the bigger head games are coming, that getting through day 3 seems to be a big milestone BUT then the head games really kick in and I want to make fun of them. I do, I want to take their power away and put them in their place! Your post would be a great one to make fun of. "Yes, go get wine so that you can just remain drunk for the snow." Because snow is why we drink, right?
                  Some of mine, real quick, trying to head out the door are-

BUT what will I use my beautiful wine glasses for. I can't NOT drink wine.

How will any of my perfectly cooked fish taste without wine?

Or today, I was going through the coupons- Sure enough one was for a Mex place that makes REAL lime Margs. I drink WINE, but that Marg seemed important on the coupon today! I can't quit drinking, I have a coupon for REAL LIME MARGS! Geesh!

I think the killer for me is justifying boxed wine- yes, they have organic boxed wine. It's cheaper. BUT damn if you can't see how much you have had! lol Okay. HEAD GAMES!

BE BACK.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy GWAWK Nesters ! ..its freaking snowing and blowing .. bRR.

I really hate this time of year. Actually its all the stupid drivers that seem to have forgotten how to drive in sleet. Cant wait until winter is full blown upon us.

I dont really have much energy to sit down for a long postathon. I had a very taxing day at work..and I woke about 2 hours early. Work was just crazy..had to train a 37 year old how to put a screw into a hole. For the love of god you would think he was a nintendo child or something. But I did get to do some color matching and spraying so I was lifted up by that. I guess Im going to be forced to Relax..damn sure aint gonna go outside again :H .. well maybe for some yogurt.

Im actually looking forward to laying down on the couch, watching a movie or two and basically letting the grass grow around me.

Pavati;1583810 wrote: Dave - do you make your own scones?
                    Actually Pavati many years ago I used to be a baker. Made my own buttermilk/raisin scones, bread, muffins, cream cheese/misc filling croissants (Killer pastry right here ) etc. Trick about the scones is to Not fold the dough more then twice after you have rolled it out. So cut well and fold one time. I should get back into it at home. I used to be pretty good leavening up some tasty Italian loaf and baguettes.

Im off for a bit and possibly the night ( I heard the movie Lincoln was boring for some so I might fall asleep to it ).

Wishing the nest the best..

Dave.
                    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

72 days in other terms...
                      6,220,800 seconds
                      103,680 minutes
                      1728 hours
                      I like this..
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night nesters!!! I am so tired today - my little fitbit step counter says 12300 steps! I was off today and did a lot around the house and waled 7,5 K. Seems that energy is just pouring out of me like crazy! Is it normal? I am 3 weeks AF!!!
                        AF since 10/20/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I hear you mid-west folks are sending your snow flurries out here tomorrow - thanks a lot :H :H
                          I'm not quite ready for winter yet, I'm sure it will pretty much be a non-event. The weather folks tend to get overly excited about the things!

Dave, I plan to be a baker in my next life

MR, I'm not actually a vegan - yet but I'm getting closer & closer. I have been dairy intolerant for years & now seem unable to handle wheat, red meat....... The list keeps growing bigger & bigger.
                          The vegan meals seem to be a good fit these days. I do still consume small amounts of chicken or turkey but not every day. My daughter was diagnosed with a wheat allergy shortly after my granddaughter was born. She had a terrible arthritis flare-up but it resolved quickly when she eliminated wheat & gluten. SO, in order to show her some support I am now cooking/baking dairy free& GF. Here's another gluten-free website if anyone needs one:
                          Simply Gluten Free | Carol Kicinski posts her Gluten Free Recipes and Blogs about the Gluten Free Life Style.

Keep using that date/time calculator Dottie - makes a person feel pretty good

Hang in there everyone, our addicted brains eventually catch up with the changes we're making :H
                          Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post CONGRATS Myluck on 3 weeks AF
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters! Gwawk too!
                              Been absent for a few days from the nest and looks like lots to catch up on but will need to do that in the a.m.

All good on the af front but extremely beat- no sleep last night and both hubby and me fighting colds. Not sure exactly what kept me tossing and turning but was extremely anxious and overthinking all kinds of stuff. Funny how things and situations are so exaggerated at 3:00 a.m.

Sipping my tea now then hitting the hay. Dvr-ing The Blacklist to watch tomorrow - pretty awesome show.

Nighty night nesters! Hugs to all

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande - thanks!!! By the way I am vegan
                                AF since 10/20/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X