Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtPp_xIpC4[/video]]Robin Williams on Alcoholics - YouTube

If you feel like laughing a bit. I know I did.

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1584004 wrote: Holy GWAWK Nesters ! ..its freaking snowing and blowing .. bRR.

I really hate this time of year. Actually its all the stupid drivers that seem to have forgotten how to drive in sleet. Cant wait until winter is full blown upon us.

I dont really have much energy to sit down for a long postathon. I had a very taxing day at work..and I woke about 2 hours early. Work was just crazy..

Actually Pavati many years ago I used to be a baker. Made my own buttermilk/raisin scones, bread, muffins, cream cheese/misc filling croissants (Killer pastry right here ) etc. Trick about the scones is to Not fold the dough more then twice after you have rolled it out. So cut well and fold one time. I should get back into it at home. I used to be pretty good leavening up some tasty Italian loaf and baguettes.

Im off for a bit and possibly the night ( I heard the movie Lincoln was boring for some so I might fall asleep to it ).

Wishing the nest the best..

Dave.
      Dave , I thought you built boats? Boats in the snow...sound pretty great! Sorry if I missed
      this...:nutso:
      And you have to start posting on the recipe thread...I'm running out of crockpot meals:H

Moss, I juice too! In fact I'm trying to drag my butt into the kitchen to juice my kitchen sink recipe...not in the mood to chop...
      And Isty, juicing since the 80s !! Wow, you are a renaissance woman!!
      :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night all.... Sounds like everyone is tired and could use a good nights sleep .....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie so proud of you.
          Available I am feeling relief for you. You deserve a rest.
          Myluck keep going. You are doing great.
          I am a smoothy fan. I have one in place pf a meal. Filling and yet it helps me maintain my weight.
          Lav I have been trying my own version of forks over knives 3-4 days a week. That really seems to help me in the weight dept.
          Strong thank you for being here with us. Your deep concern for others is so touching.
          No Sugar thank you for all of your support.
          Bhalo you are awesome. Keep it up.
          Byrdie I count on you daily to shed light on ways to hold onto my quit and you never fail me. Thank you.
          Ican just don't quit fighting.
          I am resolving to stay close and post more. I am not drifting away, I am just incredibly busy right now, but not staying close here would be disastrous for me. I wouldn't be able to get anything done with a hangover.
          Mae everyone.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Add me to the list of sleepy heads. Why is it that I can stay up forever when drinking? I don't get it - seems I should fall asleep more quickly.

Anyway - putting day 9 to bed. On to double digits in the am. Hang tight, everyone - glad to see you all safe in the nest as I fly in from the west coast.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAY 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GWAWKy MAE, Nesters!

Lovely day my side of the world.

Help yourself to coffee. Dave has kindly agreed to bake us something for brekkie - could I have a croissant, please Dave? - and Isty and her team of juicers are standing ready with juices, while our Bellest Dotty is in charge of smoothies. I think we should start our own catering company. Lav and Myluck will handle the vegan side. Any other volunteers?

Kradle, I see you're still up. Love the new avatar - who's the cutie?

Keep this terrific Tuesday AF, everybody!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWK! MAE,
                quick check in, been a few days.Wishing congrats to a few anniversaries.
                BH- 30 dyas, again, keep it up. Glad to hear the date went well.
                MyLuck, 3 weeks!
                Dottie B, 70+ well done
                J-Vo, 3 weeks as well, congrats.
                I can, 12 days, fantastic, I know you're starting again, but that's a good stretch. focus on 2 weeks, then go from there.
                LB, hoping all is well.
                Elvis, I hear one month is the new goal, welcome back.
                Istym, Pavati, Eriegirl, BBD, Happy to see you here and posting!
                I'm sure I've missed many, got to run.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MAE, lovely Nesters,
                  Just a quick fly by as I have a couple of very busy days. Haven't even been able to read back on what you were all up to yesterday. Damn! Hope I have some time this evening for that. Hold tight everyone!! And welcome to our newest Newbies!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DTD, Did you let your 30 days slip by us? Congratulations! I'm head to bed, but I'll take that cup of coffee in a few hours.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DTD has 30 days!!!!! Well done Dreamster! :wd::wd::wd::wd:
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr V, did you for one moment think that Ms Bigmouth would let you guys forget it? Never!

Thanks BH! Stay one day ahead of me, ok?
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters from the chilly side of the nest!

Awaiting some rain, some snowflakes & even more wind & cold - swell.

CONGRATS DTD on your 39 AF days - great work

Greetings to all of the busy nesters! Busy & AF is good, very good!!!
                          Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestburrs

Just a real quick checkin..running late..

I finally got some real good sleep last night ( hit the snooze button 3 times ). I started the Lincoln movie but it was kinda slow at the beginning so I changed it with "Lincoln Lawyer" .. good movie.

Kradle .. Yea I repair boats .. but we have heated buildings to work in. The work does not stop when the snow flies..we just have to get them inside. ( last building I worked in was Huge. We could fit like 6 45'+ boats and a few little guys up front ). I loved that place.

Anyways Im off to turn the grindstone..Enjoy your day.

Dave
                            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                            AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Dream. 30 days is wonderful and inspiring. :wave:
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all, hitting a brick wall today .. just a little one, about knee height. I can still step over it lol. Suddenly feeling SO exhausted and a little low. I know it's the detox so got to keep pushing through. Doesn't help with DH on these crazy hours, he's just left (it's 1.30pm) we'll be asleep when he gets home tomorrow morning at 1am, then he's back off to work at 5.30am. So I'm single mum again for the next 30 hours. I think that's a lot of why I started drinking so much in the first place - emotional crutch and loneliness.

I am rota'd in to help at DD's Rainbows group later which will perk me up BUT I will have to walk past the off licence to get there and I haven't done that on my own yet. I want to cry right now quite honestly, I've had it quite easy up until now, the days have gone quickly. Now it's Day 6 and I really want to make Day 7 and beyond. I guess I'd better get used to these bumps in the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X