Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1584235 wrote: GWAWKy MAE Nesters
    DTD - you are probably cuddling your pillow by now - congrats on your 30 - and thank you so much for letting me follow your footsteps. Great shoes to fill.
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whataday! I know I'm lucky to have a job but days like this I wonder. Screwed up! It's like going to McDonalds and they are out of fries.

Getting my moon shined up for tomorrow. Night all. Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big congrats to I'm strong for 30 Days!!! AWESOME and for Willow's 7 days! Way to go!!
        The AF days add up to a better life.....

:yougo::yougo:
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

And a BIG CONGRATS to Dream for 30 days as well!! :yougo:
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing all the nesters a safe & cozy night in the nest. It's freezing here - really freezing!

Byrdie, I hope tomorrow is better for you

Dave, I got up at 5 am everyday when I was still working in the hospital. I plan to be a second shift baker in the future!

Be safe everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for your congratulations. I'm sorry I don't have any pearls of wisdom, Byrdie - just trying to be like you and every other person celebrating another AF day.

I don't want to be an alcoholic. I also don't want to have grey hair and be 59 years old, but nothing I can do about that, either. I'm focused on all that I DO have, one day at a time. It's working.

Thank you all - I truly would not have had 30 days of no hangovers, no blackouts, no regrets, remorse and guilt without you. I am especially grateful to you with the courage and determination to come back and post after you drank. It helps me to extinguish the thoughts that tell me I can have just one drink. I know how difficult this is - and I honor each and every one of you. Have a good MAE, GWAWKers.
              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good (insert time of day here) nesters! I haven't been posting because I can't keep up, but I see there are a lot of milestones in the nest! Congratulations to you all, and to those who helped you through. This is a journey made easier with the help of others who share. I learned so much here on MWO, I can't begin to tell you!

I read about thoughts of AL never going away...I am over 5 months AF now and I can say most days I have no thoughts of AL. If I find myself in a social situation where AL is around I have had fleeting thoughts but I know I just can't have one drink. Firstly because there's no point if I'm not going to get buzzed, right? ( old me speak) And secondly because I love being AF. When I began this journey I was petrified of a life without AL. Now I can't imagine any reason on earth why I'd want it back in my life!

So carry on nesters, each day brings you closer to that grateful feeling of AL being history. The reward is well worth the struggle!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong and in Control;1584341 wrote: Really? I don't think s.? My last drink was on Sunday, October 13th. I know it has been 5 mondays, so . . . OMG!!!!!! TODAY IS 30 DAYS!!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT! I thought it was later this week!!!

I'm truly flabbergasted, and my response is - "30 days, Already?"

Thanks so much, I would have missed it.
                  Congrats !! Next stop 60 days ....
                  Rahul
                  --------------------------------------------
                  Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                  Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                  Rebooting ... done ...
                  Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

J-vo thank you for that inspiring post.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see you Rahul.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strong- sorry to be late to your 30 day party! Well done! Keep it going!:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWK, Nesters.

I have had such a busy day - I did read back but can't remember to reply to everyone!!

Congratulations I'm Strong and DTD - awesome accomplishments. I'm Strong, I love your acceptance - your posts have a calming effect on me. DTD - keep the coffee coming, and keep strong.

Itstym - try a bath with great music and some lavender Epsom salts. You get a good detox sweat going and feel amazing afterward with a big glass of cold water. Much better than wine.

Sorry for your struggles, Willow - I'm glad you made it to 7 days!

J-Vo - I agree with the read, read, read strategy. Have you read Drunkard? Really liked it.

All of you not wanting your precipitation - send it our way. We have the driest year on record since they started keeping records and no rain in sight. I remember a drought when I was a kid - we had to flush the toilets and water the plants with bath water (that all three kids had bathed in). Must...have...water...

Just in case you were concerned about being sober, here is a list of 19 sober celebrities including Blake Lively and others who are having WONDERFUL lives without booze. J Lo points out that it's bad for your skin...

Keep on keeping on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats DTD ISAIC and Willow! Y'all are an inspiration.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 31

GWAWKy MAE, Nesters

Coffee is ready - made a really good brew today, pour yourself some. And Gamblin' Dave our Baker and Fibreglass Boatmaker baked some croissants with cream cheese and strawberries: they are absolutely delicious and has no kilojoules at all - enjoy!

Overcast here today.

Strong, not very big shoes to fill: I wear a size 3 - not sure what the equivalent US size is, but think tiny!!!

Will do a proper readback later - busy day today for me.

Have a Wacky AF Wednesday, all!
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWK,
                                Willow, hope you did OK today and made it past the shops. I want to celebrate your 7 days tomorrow. Hubby's crazy schedule sounds a lot like mine.
                                Itstym4me, Whether you came on the forum drinking or not, you came for the right reason, trying to make sense of this madness. Glad you're still here.
                                I'm strong, congrats on the 30 days!
                                Dang Byrdie What's up at work? So many screwed up orders, and other things. Sonds like my workplace, LOL. But, things will always be screwed up in my business, because so much of it is out of our control.
                                3j, You're sounding so strong, Good for you. You went AF and didn't look back!
                                Rahul, good to see you.
                                Pavati, Where in the world are you? just wondering.
                                Night, all

Comment

Working...
                                X