Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow nesters Hope everything is well.

Its going to be a quick check in for me too. I really wanted to do that "how too" guide on posting ..but..

Well here's the deal. I just found out Superman just came out. Yes I do have a BD copy at this very moment . So .. I plan on making some chilli-chicken stew, have my A/V player "auto sense" the surround speakers and then Tune everything else out aside from said movie. I fully intend to be at my peak attention before I even push play. ( this is where being sober really hits a benchmark )

3 .. 2...1 .. GO !!

Dave.

PS. Lincoln was actually a pretty good movie (watched it last night finally).
    PSS. I might even have time to log in after the Man of Steel has finished..never know.
    PSSS. Byrdie .. I checked and there is no such sign. However there seems to be a "this sucks" tag.. I see a bubble bath in your future..with lavender..maybe even some celestial soda pop. :h:
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave, enjoy your movie. Byrdie, sorry you had a bad day. xx

Not much else to offer tonight. Just wanted to check in. Fighting a bad case of the blues these days. But I love reading all of your posts in the nest. Makes me remember that we are fighting the good fight.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Still very cold here but I think it's going above freezing tomorrow ~ that will be nice :H

Byrdie, wish I could help you out
        I love computers when they work!!!

Hello & welcome Gonna!
        Glad you decided to join us in the nest.
        I did not use any meds or kudzu & used my own supplements (I have allergies). BUT, I will tell you the Hypno CDs are awesome! They really helped me learn to relax without AL & to change my thinking about it altogether. Hope they arrive soon for you. In the meantime, use the ideas in the Tool box to help you put your plan together. Wishing you the best!

CONGRATS on 7 AF days Willow!

When you all log in to MWO be sure you check the 'Remember me' box & don't use the < or > buttons or you will surely lose your posts/

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. I need to toss more wood on the fire
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody - just a quick check with my MWO family I am wondering when my euphoria will start wearing off??? I still enjoy every minute of my day. Even people at work are asking what I changed, they say I look different (better)! Good night till tomorrow!!!
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey MR - my doctor told me to go out in the sunshine for 20 minutes every day to elevate my mood. I'm not sure if my mood is better - too busy tending to my frostbite.
            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strong - it's pretty frosty here too, but sunny. So, I promise to take your advice. Truthfully, my dark mood stems from something I did the other day that was completely stupid. I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Anxiety rears it's ugly head and unfortunately, has taken hold. What was I thinking? Can't take it back now, but sure wish I could.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Regret takes up so much energy, spirit and joy. If there is nothing you can do about it - you can continue to mull it over, think of all the other possibilities, get all upset, stressed and suffer, or you can let it go. It's over. All we have is now, this moment. We act like we have an infinite number of moments. Live this one as if it were your last. Your choice.
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Strong. Not to sound maudlin, but right now I have no energy, no spirit, and no joy. I am so pissed at myself. I did the one thing I vowed not to do. (this isn't about drinking - it's about giving others power over me). I am too embarrassed to elaborate. But thanks for responding. It means the world to me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry to bring a cloud to the nest. This is such a wonderful, joyful and nurturing place. Carry on. Ignore me - I'm just visiting a dark place right now. This too shall pass. I really am sorry.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why oh why is it so hard?? Am going weeks without a drink, feeling great and then a slip here and one there, realize the stupidity of my actions and get back on the AF train.

I want to get on a roll, let me rephrase that I NEED TO GET ON AN AF PATH for good, stringing together two and three weeks of sobriety is not enough. Feeling sad today :upset:
                      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moss - I hope you're ok, big hugs x

Hugs for you too Halo, don't beat yourself up. You can't change it and you're straight back to being AF - it would have been very easy to say, 'Screw it, I'm going to carry on drinking' but you didn't. It's hard this fight!

It's 2.30am here, I was woken by my son so after checking him and tucking him back in (I think he was cold) I came back to bed but I'm now wide awake! Argh!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love they hypno CD's too..I still use the one that sounds like waves crashing...helps me relax and sleep..No drugs for me either...might have if I had the nerve to talk to my doc....NOT...
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, you'll get it back :l.

What about touching base here before you choose to take a drink? I'll bet someone here would help you change your mind or just writing the post might do it. Get the executive function part of your brain involved before going with the "reptilian" brain's bad choices.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

There is a benefit of being awake at 3am - I just ordered the Allen Carr book! Can't wait to read it, the reviews look great.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWK!
                                Willow, so glad to congratulate you on your 7 days!

Itstym4me, Interesting thoughts on 'rewriting your life". We've certainly learned this addiction through repetition. We learn everything through repetition. Language, math, music, etc. That's why we like to listen to the same song over, and over again. Just like the two-year old, who wants the same story read over and over again, until the parent just can't take it any more.
                                We want to repeat what pleases us. If we can train our brain to accept sobriety as being better than hangovers, anxiety and sickness, which on the surface seems reasonable, we should be able to succeed in this fight.
                                And, the reason we eat lentils is, because despite our failures, we do care about our health. otherwise we wouldn't be here. LOL.
                                I'm strong, I think you're right, as many others have said, focus on the one day at a time, the "forever" sets us up to fail.
                                Gonnadance, Welcome! you'll find a lot of support here. Just stay close and post. 30 days is a big chunk to bite off the first time. I'm wishing the best for you. But, I'd like to suggest more moderate goalsl starting out. 7 days, 2 weeks. I'm not wishing to crush your goals, baby steps. You won't feel so crushed if you don't make it. When you hit the small goals, the big ones come naturally. Just a thought. That's where the phrase One Day At a Time comes from (ODAT). Don't think about forever, it will just overwhelm you.
                                Sanchez, to continue the thoughts of itstyme, to banish thoughts of AL to the third party, It wants you to take a drink. Time to re-train the brain. As others have said, we need to say, I don't drink, instead of, I don't want to drink today. The difference is huge. Still, just saying I won't drink today is a big step.
                                Eriegirl, read above my suggestions to Gonnadance. Don't focus on the 30 days, just focus on today.

Willow, and Eriegirl, Docs, what can I say? If we can't have this conversation with you, who else? Guess that's why we're here.
                                Byrdie, so sorry things suck for you right now. Work can just suck your soul at times, especially when you have no control over things.
                                Moss, sorry you're feeling a little down, hope things look up soon.
                                My Luck, how 'bout sending a a little of that euphoria to MossRose? she's feeling a little down. Hoping you don't crash. I'm hoping you've been down so long that you forgot how good it feels to be ordinary!
                                Halo, Hang in there!

Comment

Working...
                                X