X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
    A quick pop in!
    Welcome LinWin! Day 3 is tough, but guess what> Day 4 is easy, so hang in there! You will never have 2 bad days in a row!! (it's a merciful phenomenon)

Moss, as you can see, every single one of us DO care...and sometimes just getting a problem out of your head and onto 'paper' helps tremendously....once it out of the oven, it can be sorted better, I'm sure there's a psychological term for that, but my processor is broken!! We are all pulling for you and like LC said, we are WITH you!

Riddled with computer problems!! I am reading and thinking of everyone!!
    I hope the computer gods will show some mercy soon, they've had their laugh~

Strength to everyone today....do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF. You will never regret it!! Hugs, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose;1584921 wrote: My plan was to stay home today, but I knew in my heart that was a bender waiting to happen. So, I forced myself to get dressed and come to work. ... Although, I know I need to seek professional help. Thanks again for the support.
      Hi, Moss There is no shame in admitting you need some help coping. I hope you find the right person. In the meantime - please stay connected! Do you have a plan for after work and this evening? Going home alone doesn't seem like a good option today. So... perhaps dinner and a movie with a friend or something like that? If that kind of thing won't work out and you'll be at home, please log in here and don't drink without posting about it first, ok? Someone here is sure to talk you out of it!

MossRose;1584948 wrote:
      Isty - you are so right. It could have been much, much worse. And I have read endless stories to that effect here. So, I do apologize. When my anxiety gets severe, I can't always think straight. At least, here I am safe. ...

So now, I have seriously damaged my reputation with many people that I do care what they think - friends, family, coworkers - even the people here. I am ashamed at how weak and stupid I am behaving. There's nowhere to hide.
      It seems like you apologize for expressing yourself here. You really don't need to, and shouldn't, do that. Telling your story is part of what I think MWO was designed for - to get off AL, we've got to somehow come to grips with what got us here and the only way to do that is to dig pretty deep.

Unless I've missed some catastrophic thread, I see no evidence that you've damaged your reputation with people here. In fact, I think your openness is something to aspire to.

What if you are seeing your real-life situation (and people's opinions of you) as being much worse than they actually are, also? Is there a friend who is familiar with the details of this FB event that you could talk to? He or she might be able to help you put all of this into perspective and while it still may seem bad, perhaps it won't be so overwhelming.

Here's one other idea: go to your list of posts and answer yourself in the same manner you answer others here. You have some of the most thoughtful, compassionate responses that I've read. You deserve the same treatment that you give others.

Stay close, MossRose. You have many friends here. :l NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

I didn't mean it as get a grip, but maybe that will help... idk.

I, too, suffer panic and anxiety. When I drink it goes away, when the drink goes away but has not quite left my body IT'S heightened and severe. It's a bad cycle. Round and round we go. I wish I had learned how to handle panic long ago, but the Drs handled it for me by giving me xanax. So- I learned quickly that the wine was great at night, but the xanax was great in the morning to curb the panic and anxiety and to get rid of a hangover. It made the round and round SO MUCH EASIER to pop a pill to get rid of the hangover and anxiety. My Drs told me I was wrong- that the amt of xanax I was taking could not possibly be helping me, I wasn't taking enough. Forget him. I took only .25 in the morning and it did help. I highly doubt it was a placebo effect. Anyhow. For panic and anxiety now, I do try the deep breathing with my eyes shut. I usually calm down quite a bit before I even reach 5. This took a few weeks of practice. I also learned that sipping cold water and concentrating on the feeling as it was in my mouth and going down to my stomach helped. I would use a mantra- I am a living being, worthy of. That was all I would say. At other times, I would use LET GO LET GOD(GODDESS, SPIRIT, GRACE) Whatever you want there. The water and A THOUGHT, something other than the circle self bullying thoughts helped. I think the anxiety and panic is much like alcohol, we become addicted to it, our minds become used to it being part of our life. Can you get ice at work? An ice cube right on the wrist where your pulse is also helps some... as does a kudzu and L Glut taken at the same time. I had forgotten I bought these last year, I got them at a health food store and took only one of each both yesterday at witching hour and the day before it seemed to help... Directing my mind elsewhere is now helping.

I have a friend that's a psychologist, sometimes these people lol have great things to say. (They are just people so sometimes they have just off the wall things to say...) She said- OUR brains have not caught up to todays lifestyle. That's why so many more people are displaying depression, anxiety, fear, ptsd etc... we crave the life of days gone by, that we didn't even live, but OUR own evolution has not caught up to being able to live in today in a manner that is healthy or right for us. I have come to believe this strongly.

I am so glad I came here to MWO- I have forgotten so many of the insights and brilliant coping mechanisms that I KNOW but have somehow in my cycle of drinking continue to forget again and again! I need to write them all down to reference. Going to go through the posts from the past few days and do just that!

Comment

Newbies Nest

The cravings have been terrible the last few days. They hit me in the afternoon and won't leave me alone for the rest of the day. Ugh.
          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

isty thanks for the recipe,will be making that one soon.
            I am going to the gym later today..I have to stick my toes back in the water...my trainer knows to take it slowly so I should be OK I hope...I just think it will help me lose some weight and get me more energy and I need some ME time...the gals in the group are so nice...so that is my plan for today...
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1584957 wrote:

Unless I've missed some catastrophic thread, I see no evidence that you've damaged your reputation with people here. In fact, I think your openness is something to aspire to.
              Exactly this. And I must have missed the part where all the posts HAVE to be happy all the time lol! All of us at some point will have down days - just so happens today it's your turn. Another day someone else will be feeling rubbish and you'll be able to support them.

I'm glad you made it to work and check back in later so we know you're ok x

Comment

Newbies Nest

How are you doing Elvis? Are the cravings still driving you crazy or have they let up a bit? Let us know how you are, yeah? Please keep checking back here..

Comment

Newbies Nest

They are still driving me crazy, but I did some reading up on cravings, then went back and read some posts in the archives, trying to pass the time. I'm okay now because I'm at work so there's nothing I can do about it. Just scared later when I drive home.

I will post again in a little while before I leave, and then post again once I get home.
                  11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can you eat something before you leave work Elvis? I've noticed that the cravings get really bad when my blood sugar is getting low, even if I don't feel particularly hungry. Once I've eaten something, the craving passes. Hope you get through the day ok.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad to hear you're at work and hope you've grabbed something to eat. What normally happens when you go home? On the way home? Is there a way to change up your normal routine? To make really sure you don't give yourself a chance to take a detour to a place you don't want to go? These first days can be so f****** hard. Sometimes we have to fight like the devil!!!! You can do it, Elvis!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis I'm really sending strong vibes your way!:b&d:
                        Kick that al's butt!
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I ate an orange and I feel better. I also have another snack I will eat right before I leave in a few minutes. I didn't feel much like eating the last couple of days, and I only ate a small lunch today, and I know that isn't helping. But now my appetite seems to be coming back to normal, so I hope to get on a more normal eating routine starting with dinner.

I've already altered my route home a while back so I don't drive past any liquor stores. So I need to detour for that to happen. What happened in the past on days I slipped is that if I had a bad craving, it would hit right around quitting time and you can figure out the rest of the story. That was my concern earlier.

Not feeling any cravings at the moment, so I think I'm gonna get out of here. As always, thanks for being here and thanks for listening!
                          11/5/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lbeagle!! How are you today? Have you started with the chocolates? mmmmm...

Comment

Newbies Nest

How about if Recipes get posted in a separate thread? Just a request~ not a criticsm.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Under "Daily Life" is REAL FOOD RECIPES, started by Nosugar!, which I've bumped up-- Let's start adding some recipes there! Yummmy. Looking forward...

Comment

Working...
                                X