Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Night folks. In the nicest possible way I hope I won't be reading and posting at 3am again like this morning - I want a full night's sleep!

Day 8 over and onto Day 9 ..... hope you guys are all behaving yourselves! Ha ha ha! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm home now. Very glad I checked in here today. Gonna go distract myself with some internet surfing and TV. Thanks again everyone for listening.
      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still Swimming

Howdy friends old and new. I haven't been here on MWO for some time and I thought I'd check in and catch up on the goss! It's great to see some old friends still marching on and grabbing the great life that sobriety can give and for those of you who are newer in these parts, welcome and good luck. If you are here, you need it and don't ever let that addictive voice tell you that it will be different this time or that it wasn't that bad. It was! You wouldn't be here otherwise. If you have problems in your life caused by drink then you have a drink problem my friend! I haven't been about these boards but I have been going to AA regularly and I am feeling positive about life. I just try and stay in the now and when something happens that makes me even think about a drink I try to work out why it makes me feel that way and deal with it. My very best wishes to you all. NM
        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil Beagle, do you sell your chocolates online? If so, could you PM me some info? I'd love to knock out some gifts! (sorry NoSugar )

Elvis, you did the right thing in coming here and talking thru it. I was thinking earlier today that in my attempts at quitting, I just thought that I couldn't make it past a craving. I ALWAYS caved in. I didn't know how people did it. For me, eating and distraction was the answer. GET your mind off of it. I got fixated on it and that's all I thought about and of course I'd cave! Set yourself on a task to clean a closet drawer or something just change the course of your thinking. I find I still use that tactic when something is weighing on me....and it still works. All you gotta do is get thru this day! You can do that!!

Living the dream over here.....a dead computer and they are sending me a disk. Maybe I'm dumber than I thought but I don't see how a disk is going to bring this thing back to life, doesn't it need to be able to turn on to read it? I could be missing something, after all, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. If so I might need one for MY brain!! Sent a customer an email with an attachment that I shouldn't have....I didn't see it on my phone. UGG.....

Hope everyone has a safe night in the nest! We're all fighting the battle together and there's strength in numbers!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, home from work and doing better. I am so glad I didn't stay home today. I know for a fact that would have been a disaster, because I fully intended to drink myself into a stupor. Once again, you all came to my rescue. Thank you!! And I actually heard some good news at work today, which after all the recent layoffs, was very welcome. It doesn't directly affect me, but 3 of my favorite teammates are in for a very good surprise tomorrow. They are going to be thrilled. I can't wait. Definitely helped to lift my spirits.

I did read back a bit, and glad to see that everyone appears to be doing quite well.
            Elvis - great job on staying strong.
            Neddy - very nice to see you back. How are things going?
            Byrdie - you are having a challenging week - first an empty box and now a dead computer. Yikes! Hope things start running more smoothly for you.
            Willow - hope you get a wonderful, rejuvenating night's sleep.
            Isty - you have given me some things to think about. Good stuff.

And I love the recipe swap idea. I'm going to go find that thread and do some reading. Have a good evening all.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it to the gym....whew....it feels good again...want to keep this up.
              Light dinner too so maybe that will help with the stuck scale too..
              Life is good!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                It was a really long day for me. Went to work, then met a girlfriend for dinner. She's a light drinker, so she had a light beer while I sipped on diet coke then we ate. Can't say I had any cravings for the beer, possibly because it's been out of my system for a few weeks? Don't know. But her company is great, so it was a nice dinner and dessert. I'm feeling as though I need to start tackling the next thing...exercise. I've been focusing on reading lots her and on the rest of the board when I get home from work. Then I feel sluggish and don't want to exercise. I think maybe changing my routine may help. Who knows, except that I didn't drink today and that's the most important thing to me right now.

Mr. Verill, repetition is the key. I liked this, "we need to train our brain to accept sobriety as being better than the hangovers, anxiety, sickness and we will succeed." Forever does set up up to fail. NONE OF US are promised more than today, so ODAT.

Broken Halo, great, positive post. DITTO! "Communicating how I'm feeling before acting on it." Right on.

Willow, I worry and have guilt for how my son, who will be 16 on Sunday, has seen me in the past. He's seen it all. Passing out in the bathroom on the toilet, my husband having to break open the door to get in, total shit-faced, falling up/down the stairs, slurring my words, embarrassing him in front of others, and the list goes on. That's why I'm here. I want my son to have a better mom, I wanna be a better mom. I know I've been there for him, but the guilt, I'm afraid, will take a long time to go away and that bothers me, hurts me to know that I've missed out on so much. That's my biggest regret. I hate alcohol for that. You're children are young, and it's wonderful that you're getting it together for them now. Keep doing it for you and them!

MossRose, sorry you're feeling in that dark and scary place. I can relate so well. I've struggled with anxiety and depression for sooooooo very long. It really hurts. But I think that AL is a big contributor to the depression. You're doing well coming here and getting the support you need. Keep coming back and keep asking us. Not only was my depression a huge problem for me, but I've been diagnosed with severe social anxiety. Sometimes I still get all blotchy being around people. Certain situations will trigger my panic attacks and I have to leave a room full of people, whether it's a meeting, or lunch. I've had it since I was in my early 20's. I've gotten a little better over the years, but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. And MossRose, your true friends will forgive you as they care about you. Those that don't, don't matter. They're just judgmental. As the saying goes, "don't judge unless you've walked in my shoes."

Isty, interesting what psychologist friend had to say about our brains not being caught up to today's lifestyle. Being a parent these days, and most parents working, it's hard to keep up with the organized sports our children are in. It's all organized, and not like when I was young. We had simple summer days, going outside and playing all day, finding ways to keep ourselves busy, albeit sometimes getting into trouble, but when the street lights came on, we went home. Wow, I miss those kind of summer nights.

Elvis, glad you made it home safely into the nest. Kudos to you for coming here for support when you needed it!!

Nighty Nesters.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will put recipes anywhere I am directed to.

Great day here also. Elvis it really does help to get good sugar into your body when having cravings. The orange was a great choice.

I exercised and was busy all day- no alcohol cravings today so far. DAY 5.

I loved reading this thread just now.

Dottie Belle, you can do some easy cheats to loose weight. Don't go for coffee first thing in the morning. Have plain water and then warm water with fresh squeezed lemon daily. Later have your coffee with a light breakfast. Throughout the day keep lemon water with a small amt of real maple syrup and cayenne. The enzymes help break up your food and help digest. Also, get a good quality probiotic. I have seen people do amazing with just those small changes. I am helping one person right now- he has lost 80 pounds in 8 months. It's worked with many people I have helped. They feel like they are cheating, but they also tend to naturally stay away from junk food after starting with the lemon water. It's great stuff. Why are you GRUMPY? lol

Off to journal and then to stretch!

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1584939 wrote: The Nest is a great place to come and get it all out! That's what we're here for-- to support eachother through the difficult times. It was smart on your part to go into work. Keep on making those sorts of decisions-- take care of yourself. Be kind to yourself. I hate FB, too-- .:l
                    I completely agree with you lifechange , the MWO is a place where you feel others can truly relate to you, they understand where you have been and where you are trying to go.. I truly appreciate the many honest thoughts posted here, the MWO is the place I come when I feel alone in order to feel better, I do not go to facebook (that place makes me feel worse!)

:l
                    Halo (giving a shoutout to broken halo )
                    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

j-vo - I just read your post. I've often thought the same thing. I wouldn't wish these feelings on my worst enemy. Halo - I'm with you. FB always depressed me somehow. Made me feel very anxious. MWO is my safe haven.
                      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

isty not grumpy any more but can't seem to change it on tablet.
                        I gave up coffee. usually have green tea. I have lost 10 pounds since no AL. Need to get moving more and age is not on my side either. I will up my lemon water and try the recipe u mentioned. Sounds very interesting...
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see the place bustling today

MR, glad to hear you dumped Facebook. Life was a bit kinder before Facebook IMHO
                          I focused on getting rid of my negative thinking just before I stopped drinking entirely & that was a big help. I also got myself off of Lexapro at the same time, it wasn't working & made me feel shitty. I did start using a natural mood stabilizer called Amoryn & it made a huge difference. I have talked about Amoryn here many times over the past few years. AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Supplement to Improve Mood and Promote Emotional Health | St. John's Wort 3% Hyperforin

Elvis, glad you waited out the craving. Cravings won't kill us but AL will, eventually.

Dottie, age really messes with our metabolism & ability to lose weight. I'm finding it difficult to drop even a few pounds anymore. Hang in there.

Byrdie, hope you don't lose your mind over the computer issue

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I appreciate all you all did to talk me through my cravings and keep me honest today. I'm trying to cut down on sugar and eat more fruit instead so I was lucky to have an orange available. I figured the extra Vitamin C couldn't hurt either. I've got a few more hours before bed, but I'm signing off for the night.

Thanks all! Have a great night!
                            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night nesters, I read all posts - seems for the most part we all doing ok. I saw some good ideas. Thanks for lentil soup - love the recipe . It was a hard day at work as my work lap top was migrated to Windows 7 and it was a total epic fail, I lost 1/2 on this and now I am behind! But still happy I am not drinking and my life is so different! Little beagle - you are so right we need to learn again how to deal with emotions - I found that when I was drinking every day I had my emotions hidden deep and barely had enough to get through the day. Now I have to put breaks on myself at work as I am ready to chat about anything with my coworkers. Also I am already pretty energetic and active person, but now I am literally ready to bounce if walls and I am not even drinking coffee or soda - just a cup of green tea in the morning nfire:
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, string two and three weeks of sobriety together is not a failure, just a start. A way to focus on the goal. you should be proud of yourself.

Pavati, Great perspective!

BHalo, Great post. I'm grateful to be reading of makes you grateful

Moss, You are sooo far from hopeless. You're here. Vent away.

Linwin, Welcome. Tell us a little about yourself, or at least your goals. Whatever you're comfortable letting us know.

Elvis, and after so long, sorry, sucks doesn't it. Stay strong.

Neddy, Great to hear from you! Glad things are going well for you. You have crossed mind often.

LB, Yes, PM me on the chocolates also!

As far as recipes go, there is a recipe board under Daily life, called Recipe Corner. We could post there.
                                Night.all

Comment

Working...
                                X