Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

The darkness is a good point. I leave the bathroom light on as my son gets freaked out otherwise and possibly that is affecting me too. He's 4 but we only stopped co-sleeping recently (like 4 weeks ago!). Before that, all the lights were off .... I still didn't sleep great, as he liked to snuggle up to me and I need space! I slept better though. I guess I'm just going through a lot of changes at the moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks NS. Last week I was eating so many crisps, so I don't think that lack of salt is a problem lol. Maybe I'll bring the carbs back in for now.

I know, I keep telling myself that it's got to get better. Even waking up without a hangover is better! I just hate the cravings - and I didn't even drink every day! It's nuts. Someone (I think maybe K9?) said that they didn't have another quit in them and that's exactly how I feel - I don't think I could do those first few days again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang with us Willow, it does get better...
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm just going to do a quick post tonight. We are working on communication at out house. Not so easy when you're sober, but you are honest and remember 100% of what you say!
          I'm really worried tonight. These 21 year olds are suddenly sleeping way too much. Eyes are very droopy. A Lack of wanting to go to the mall? What? After talking about it for a week? I hope it is nothing.
          Steady we are awesome!!:wave:
          have a wonderful Mae all.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really hope so! Like I say, not worrying about the money, having more energy and no hangovers is brilliant. On the down side, my sleep seems to be completely shot, my skin has completely broken out (honestly, I look like a teenager!) and from 4pm until around 6-7pm I have terrible cravings. I'm eating and drinking plenty, keeping busy and posting here at least once a day, but it's bloody hard work!

I think as well I'd built it up in my head - I expected to look brilliant and drop pounds instantly, which is daft of me. It's going to take a while I guess!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow how many days. I dont see you on the roll call..might be able to give u a little more insight if I knew where u are...I have 76 days..
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just starting Day 10. So I'm waaaaaay behind you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think after 2 weeks things really started to get better for me....I wasn't twitching every day. I had to find ways to distract myself..posted a lot here and a few other places. I also used the hypnosis CD's from here and liked the one with the sounds of crashing waves...it helped me sleep at first but now I like the silence. I really liked the feeling of waking up with a clear head so I could actually get some things accomplished. That was a real big one for me.
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I like that too and I can see the benefits of that already. Doesn't seem to help the cravings though. I always have to talk myself down, or post here or call my husband. I have no problem reaching out this time and it does feel very different to the times before - DH said that too. I just want some kind of progress I guess - irrational but it doesn't seem worth the fight at the minute, you know? I know rationally that it totally is - for many reasons. I think that 'it' is getting angry and trying all kinds of ways to get back in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for listening by the way!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep "IT" is very cunning and dangerous....and smart too...but we are smarter..
                        It is almost midnight here so I am turning in....feel free to PM me any time I am online.
                        Hope u sleep well.
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks. It's 5am here so not much more sleep going to be had!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bellest Dottie - I see you're still up, at almost midnight?

Up early too, hey Willow? How did it go last night? Just remember that it took you years to get to this point, and your body needs some time to heal. Unfortunately you have to push through the discomfort (and that lasts only a short while) to get to where you want to be. Can you change your witching hour routine in any way? I used to take a long hot bath, with candles and my favourite music at that time, instead of watching the sunset with a glass in hand as I normally would. I know you have a family, so it may be difficult, but see what small changes you can make.

Where's Ican? Her coffee is still standing where I left it for her. And Rahul - your place in the Nest is empty!
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Willow:

I'm still up - only 9:30pm here. I just took a hot bath with Epsom salt and lavender in it. During one of my lurking bouts on this site I remember someone suggesting it as a detox bath. It felt wonderful, and as Dream says, a great way to spend a craving. I feel cleaner inside and out. Maybe the Epsom salt will help with your carb thing, too?

Sounds like you have spent some great times with your kids and that your husband is very supportive. Great that you have him to reach out to. Stay strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Well, I feel very tired and headachy but onwards and upwards!

Yeah, not really able to change my witching hour. I do quite often have a bath around 6pm, but it's not a long, relaxing one! The kids are in and out talking to me and quite often jumping in with me. As I've said, DH isn't home a great deal due to work, so it's not like he can occupy them. I just need to suck it up.

That Epsom salt thing sounds good, I might try that. We went to the Lush shop the other day so tonight we have a bath bomb to use. I'll be ok tonight as DH is home.

I hope everyone is ok this morning. Let's get through this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X