Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo What do you mean you didn't see it, the 7 days?

Thanks all. I don't feel much at this point. I have been contemplating the people in my life, as LOVELY just wrote in her post, I think a different thread, one she started, that she feels taken advantage of etc... DO the people in your life condemn your faults but want you to KEEP them? I asked something eluding to that the other day. How are your spouses handling you not wanting to drink? Something like that. I will post what I feel about my own situation in "my thread" when I am ready to. I was looking for more generic answers.

Thanks all. 7 days. I did good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

congratulations on 7 days! That is amazing!
      ?That's the problem with drinking,
      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
      ― Charles Bukowski
      :wings::wings:
      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

IST
        congrats on 7 Days !!!
        generic is good. The wife is VERY happy I don't drink. She was watching me self destruct before her eyes.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

CONGRATS on 7 AF days isty :wd:

Sam, tell your wife she's welcome to stop by. i'll send her home with a few chickens - having them coming out of my ears at the moment :H

Funny, when I stopped drinking everyone else around here slowed down a lot!!!!!
          Maybe it was my good example

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. So we went out today for the first time and I didn't do reservations. We showed up and they said 1.5 hour wait and immediately asked us if we want to get a drink at the bar!!!! Seriously??? So we ended up sitting at the bar eating as they had full menu at the bar, but we were forced to see all those fancy cocktails being made in front our noses. Did we had a drink? Heck NO! Water with lemon please. If was a bit stressful, but on the brighter side - earlier - massages were good!!! Now watching the movie. Night night nest.
            AF since 10/20/2013
            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
            Meat free since 09/20/2008
            ---------------------------------------
            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LC!
              Just reading back through some posts and saw your comment about our moms both being recovering alcoholics. You also asked how her support is helping me. She is always curious how I'm doing with it. We don't talk about it all that much, just a check in on how I'm doing with abstaining. She tells me how proud she is and she's very grateful I'm learning this lesson at 58 instead of 85 like her. She had a terrible detox and we almost lost her. Withdrawal is dangerous at any age but at 85 luckily she was in the hospital under medical supervision. Hoping your mom is okay now. My mom never looked back and hopefully I can do the same. What a great support pillar to have huh? Thanks for asking!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night, nest. Put a fork in day 14, it is DONE. Too late for reading and reflecting.

DTD - coffee late this am?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gwawky MAE! Nesters! I'm feeling 1000% better than yesterday and I did wake up in the middle of the night SO grateful that I didn't do anything regretful. Relief.

So I hope you're having a nice sleep in DO! I've got the coffee and warm water with lemon, cayenne and a touch of honey covered. And some raw apple cider vinegar for those of you so inclined!!
                  Pavati!:goodjob: on 14 days! Not sure if I already congratulated you, but there it is. Have a nice, relaxing evening..
                  Isty, congrats on getting every day of the week under your belt! Well done.

Have to rush to get a sweet potato casserole in the oven, make the stuffing and finish dusting!
                  Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!

And GWAWKy MAE, Nesters!

First things first: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe:

Second things second: sorry about delayed wake-up service - lots of reasons, all as boring as can be! But I also wanted you to have a taste of LC's coffee.

LC, so glad you're chirpy today - have you a lovely early Thanksgiving! Keep forgetting to ask: what's happening on the passport front? I must try that honey, cayenne & lemon concoction.

Pavati and Isty, :goodjob::goodjob: to both of you!

Loveless, I hope that you will soon want to change your name - have a :l so long.

Super Sunday for all the Nesters!
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Now the house is clean, just waiting for friends to arrive. I was thinking about the fact that they are going to be bringing wine and sekt and if it's going to be a problem for me. I thought back to last year and remembered that I was already quite drunk at this point. I have so much more fun with life now. I like having both feet on the floor and being able to interact with people in an honest and open way. Tonight my youngest and I have plans to wrap birthday presents for sister-- something I couldn't do if I was passed out. She is so looking forward to it-- Life can be so simple.

Jvo and Pavati, I'm wondering how your parties went yesterday?

and Sanchez, thank you for responding. I have a couple more questions, but I need a bit more time for writing..:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to see you this morning, DO! I'll drink a quick one with you! Passport should be on its way-- thanks for asking. Hope you have a lovely day, too..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange I agree, it is the simple things that make not drinking so great.
                          Istym I have to say I am really enjoying your posts. Wonderful stuff. Congratulations on 7days.
                          Loveless and Katty :welcome:
                          mwo has changed life.
                          Sam great to hear from you.
                          Bhalo hope you are having a great day. I always enjoy reading your posts and knowing you're hanging in there.
                          I don't know what's going on with the kids, but we are just going to hang in there. Vent. My house is so small and crowded!!! We had game night last night. That's helping. It's the small stuff. Uno is a fun game.
                          Have a great day everyone.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Mild temps here but very foggy - can't see my neighbor's houses :H
                            That happens a lot around here for some reason.

Pavati, CONGRATS to you on 14 AF days - very nice

LC, hope the wine in the house doesn't cause you any grief. Remaining truly grateful for my sobriety has helped me every time temptation rears it's ugly head

I'll be busy this afternoon & evening watching my grandsons. No time for me to get into any trouble, that's for sure!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post LB
                              Hope you are OK - thinking of you!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                                Off to church then back home. They are predicting bad weather for today..storms and possible tornadoes...hope they are wrong..
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X