Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yes, I have spent alot of time in Japan and that is where I developed my taste for sake.

Thank you for posting that RA article. I have also read that green tea is really good for inflammation and RA aswell, so im trying to drink it more often...The medications i am on right now are very harmful to my liver and make me very sick all the time, plus i have to inject it, so i want to stop, but the pain and swelling gets much worse without it, to the point where my husband has to help me get dressed, etc. My doctor has suggested medical marijuana, but i dont know if i should tell her that ive been using it anyway for pain/nausea/stress...

I think my problems really started after my mother and grandfather died when I was a teenager, and my dad left when I was 5 and my mom had severe ra and was in the hospital alot, so my grandparents took care of me for alot of my life.
    ?That's the problem with drinking,
    If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
    if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
    and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
    ― Charles Bukowski
    :wings::wings:
    Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOVELY tell her. Also make sure your greentea is organic, loose if possible. I use a coffee press to do bulk green tea. It would be so easy to drop some shaved ginger in there too. It can't hurt and ginger helps flush the liver. YES, tell your Dr you are using MMJ now on your own. Maybe there is something near you like realmofcaring. Look that up- it's on facebook etc...

JELLY BEAN
      Haha, how old are you? I started hot flashes at 45 and still have them! I think, we women forget that natural causes cause many physical symptoms that can also be taken for withdrawal symptoms etc... either the regular hormonal cycles or Peri-menopausal WE have other issues besides drinking. ENJOY your sweat, your body is working. Take cool showers often, deep breath- roar I AM WOMAN! lol We may as well get into it instead of trying to get out of it- it's something that hangs around for 10 years for most of us, so embrace it. YOUR BODY IS WORKING! I know women that go on hormones with the first sign of a hot flash. I have not and my hair and skin have not changed at all. I do not have sexual issues either. I am big on natural additions to my diet and topically though, I have to believe that helps a lot. I sleep naked now, I am not changing my clothes in the middle of the night! I don't sweat enough to have to change my sheets, thankfully.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, I use organic loose sencha green tea that i put in empty tea bags that i have.

I am so scared to tell my doctor about how severe my drinking and withdrawal symptoms have gotten. I have not told her anything about it before...
        ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Isty and Jelly. I know, I wish DH didn't get so narky about it. I said the same thing, that whilst I wish I hadn't drunk, I did go all that time. I think he's just worried that I'll go back to drinking which is fair enough. He just doesn't understand it unfortunately. Mind you, I don't really understand what I've put him through over the years, so I guess we're even.

I managed to teach the kids this morning and I took them to the soft play this afternoon too to burn off some energy, so it didn't completely screw our day, but it has made the day much harder as I feel rough. Anyone who's forgotten how bad hangovers are and thinks that a drink might be nice, DON'T DO IT! I've felt very tired, nauseous and dizzy all day. I never drink two days in a row anyway, so today is not a challenge at all AL-wise. It's usually Day 4 when it gets difficult.

Anyway, yes, I'm definitely back on the sober cart. I think it's very easy to take feeling great for granted when not drinking, which makes you think that drinking just one more time will be fine, but honestly, it's crap. I genuinely feel really proud of myself when I'm not drinking so I was a complete idiot to give in to the cravings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless, you say you've hit rock bottom - so now the only way is up. You can't get any lower! Don't know if you've seen but I homeschool my children, so like Jelly said, if you want some ideas/websites for things to do with your son, let me know x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow, how much and what did you drink?

I think it's great that there are helpful minds and spirits here. Lovely! Do you ever check into the online schooling? Some are absolutely free. Bill Gates and another man run KahnAcademy. https://www.khanacademy.org/ This is just one of numerous amazing and free learning sites. Get your son started early. If he is LIKE Us- he is highly intelligent and EASILY BORED! Also, the libraries run great kids groups, story times etc... maybe call a few local ones explain you have RA and can't get around easily, maybe they know of the free rides that take people to the libraries, to the grocery stores etc... we here in the states and in Canada have so many resources that people tend to over look.

Jelly and Willow...

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                WOW is all I can say about the conversations here...lots of great ideas and help for us all. This is the most supportive site I have ever been a part of. I think we are all lucky to have found it and each other for support...wow again.
                I have a horid cold and dh does too. Cant hear and am sneezing and coughing...drat I have so much to do today...but I am not going to push it..I dont want to get really sick right before the holiday.
                Hang in there everyone. It does get better!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I drank 2 bottles of red wine Isty.

Dottie, I hope you feel better. When is Thanksgiving - this weekend?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow they are having Thanksgiving dinner at the nursing home where dad lives this Thursday but the real holiday is next Thursday...we are going to sleep for the next 2 days..
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanksgiving is Thursday 11/28 here in the US Willow
                      It is also my grandson's 5th birthday, yay!
                      I'm glad you are with us today.

'Lovely', I really feel for you - I know how difficult RA is. My own Mom had it, many of my patients had it & I know it affects everything in your life.
                      Please, please work up the courage to be 100% honest with your Doc. You don't want to do anything that could leave you in even worse health.
                      The meds for your RA are harsh, I know. As Imentioned this morning please just take it a day at a time, reduce your AL intake little by little & stay well hydrated. I am a big fan of decaf green tea, it helped to lower my B/P. I also believe in probiotics, they help your immune system function better.
                      RA is but one of the autoimmune diseases that befall us humans.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, pretty much the ony thing that helps the nausea from my meds is weed i am on methotrexate injections but i still have alot of pain and swelling like for the past couple days my hand has been very swollen and bruised.
                        as for drinking i am just trying to ddrink a little bit less day by day until i see my doctor to get help with my withdrawal and seizures but after i have one i find it really hard to control when i stop.....
                        ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in for me....Work is becoming a full time job!!
                          Loveless and Jellybean, I know you will get sorted out. There at the end, I was drinking in the mornings on weekends and it was starting to sound like a good idea during the week. Keep putting one foot in front of the other towards your goals!

I've been thinking a lot about the posts over the weekend about the small percentage of people who 'make it' and the ridiculously high rate of relapse we have. It boils down to what we were talking about, we just can't go back and test the waters, we are ALKIES and either we drink or we don't. There just isn't the middle ground that we all hope for. Once I accepted that I couldn't things got BETTER, not worse! There was peace in my head about it all. When we keep the hope alive that we can drink every now and then it keeps the beast alive in us and it keeps the turmoil going too. If you want this to get easier, let go of the idea that you can drink again. It's the best thing I ever did. I look at people drinking now and I am NOT jealous or angry that I can't. I just accept it. Like peanut allergy people can't eat peanuts...it just is what it is. I am happy that I am not tethered to that bottle anymore. Once I stopped bullshitting myself about moderation I was able to move on!

Hope everyone has an easy day! Hitting the road tomorrow, so I'll be scarce. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Over the last couple days ive been doing better. but tonightt i amm really struggling...
                            ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whats up lovely??
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters!

I look at people drinking now and I am NOT jealous or angry that I can't. I just accept it. Like peanut allergy people can't eat peanuts...it just is what it is. I am happy that I am not tethered to that bottle anymore. Once I stopped bullshitting myself about moderation I was able to move on!
                                As always, Byrdie hits the nail right on the head! One drink is never enough, neither is two, or four or sixteen for us. The first drink triggers that insatiable need for more and more and more. It's a vicious and heart breaking cycle, but it can be broken. I am not allergic to peanuts, but I am allergic to hair dye. One time I dyed my hair and my head blew up like the elephant woman, my body and scalp were burnt, and I was told if I had ingested any of it, I would have been dead, the reaction was so severe.

So, I would be a fool to ever attempt to dye my hair again for fear of dying or horrible disfiguration. It's not an option for me. I have come to realise that drinking isn't an option either. I do not want to lie on my bathroom floor, vomiting so that I can drink more. I don't want blackouts, shakes, putting myself in dangerous situations, not remembering how I got there. Who would want that for themselves?

Well said as always Byrdie, thank you.
                                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X