Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Jelly and Lovely,
    I've been reading your posts and see lots of progress! First and foremost, being here all day, talking to one another and getting support from others here. Keep that open communication alive and going. There is an "AA" thread below in "Monthly Abstinence" and you may be able to get good answers from the folks there.

Jelly, you're doing so well by structuring your tasks. Every fifteen minutes is necessary at this point in time. I'm in education and I used to have to give "stars" to some kids that had difficulty with behaviors. The star gave them hope for another and so on. It's positive reinforcement for you to tick off that 15 min time frame and each little achievement. All of these turn into bigger achievements and so on.

Loveless, you said you're not doing so well now. Make sure you continue to hydrate. If at all possible, can you see another doc while your doc is away? He/she may be able to prescribe something to help with possible withdrawals. What about a detox center? Professionals there know how to detox the safe way.

Willow, I'm glad you're back on track. One slip, one day. You have lots to be proud of sister. No one is perfect. It's all about learning. You know you don't want to do that again, and if you do, look back to yesterday. Think about how you felt today, and how your DH reacted. He reacted that way because he loves you. I know how my husband used to get so angry with me. Why, because he cares. The caring might come out at anger, so forgive me because he loves you and needs you healthy. Did you think about any triggers, what may have caused you to pick up the bottle? Sometimes it helps to hone in on the real reason. Sometimes our reasons are just the HALT. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.

Dave, your boys are so cute!!!!

Giraffe, good work! Keep it goin'.

LifeChange, thanks for sharing your experience from yesterday. You're so right! We do strengthen ourselves with each success. I'm not at it's the "norm" for me, but I feel that I"ll get there. Goin' in my journal.

NoSugar, you're words, "a little awakens the best. I truly believe that. That's something that i need to keep remembering so I may post that in my journal. Yep, it whines a little, but after awhile that voice is quiet as long as you never give in...

Byrdie, in my journal also...If you want it to be easier, let go of the idea that you can drink again.

Off to post these last three words of wisdom into my journal. Peace all.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was trying to drink less today than yesterday, but once again I losst control..But I'll keep trying...
      ?That's the problem with drinking,
      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
      ― Charles Bukowski
      :wings::wings:
      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another AF day done~ each day adds up to more AF time and that means a happier place to be. Wishing everyone in the Nest the best, rememebr each minute, each hour adds up to a day of being alcohol free, which is a better day for you. I keep telling myself that I deserve this life, a life free of pain, heartache, shame, guilt , denial, and hangovers.

:l Halo
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratullations Halo! I can't wait until i can startt geting some AF days righht now waiting to see my doctor because my wwithdrawal is too bad to stop on my own but i am trying to cut back a bit each night....didnt do as welll as i wanted tto tonight but theres always tomorroow...
          ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely
            I suggest you switch to water, stop drinking booze for tonight. Take it easy on yourself. STOP what you're doing that makes you feel bad and START preparing yourself to get your sober self back. I understand that you cannot stop altogether YET, take time and read the toolbox link. Give yourself a chance to enjoy the idea of being sober. It truly is a wonderful place to be.
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely, you will start feeling much better once you can get some AF time added up, I guarantee it.
              Right now you are doing great..the first rule of thumb is to spend time here reading and posting as often as you can and you are doing just that! I have learned so much from so many at this site. Wishing you a better day tomorrow, you can do it!
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Believe me, sobriety is something I want and need so badly. even if i set a limit for mysself, it seems like ii can nevver stick to it, then when i wake up the next morning, im guilty and ashamed and shakey and then i just start the whole process all over again. I need to stop this. my doc appointmentt cant com soon enough....
                ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Realizing that some of our Nesters are AWOL, likely full of guilt, remorse and AL, and I feel powerless to lend a hand. It could be me, but this time it isn't. I'm not drinking today. If I start thinking about drinking, I will come here first. Everytime any one of you thinks of having a drink THIS POST WILL HAUNT YOU unless you come here first! You will feel even MORE guilty if you drink and don't post.
                  Take care of yourselves my friends - we're in this together.
                  10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

IAS&IC Who is AWOL? LOL I love your haunting threats!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Monday is about done & dusted as they say

I'm not a big fan of haunting threats but I do believe in positive reinforcements!
                      Lovely, is there anyway possible you could get an Rx for something to take the edge off your jitters for the coming week? You really are doing the best you can do right now, but sometimes a little help is necessary & a good idea. Take care of yourself please.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless;1587036 wrote: Believe me, sobriety is something I want and need so badly. even if i set a limit for mysself, it seems like ii can nevver stick to it, then when i wake up the next morning, im guilty and ashamed and shakey and then i just start the whole process all over again. I need to stop this. my doc appointmentt cant com soon enough....
                        Lovely
                        Moderation doesn't work for many many people (me being one of them). Setting limits is an attempt to moderate. Lovely, if you're still drinking, PLEASE really try to stop for the rest of the night and switch to water. It would really be good if you would and rehydrate yourself. That way you at least won't feel quite as bad. Lav has a very good idea to see if there's something to help take the edge off in the meantime.
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely great advice on drinking water! Or water down whatever it is you are drinking now. It's got to be close to bedtime anyhow, but drinking something else beside alcohol will help with your morning shakes etc... water with honey... ? I don't know what you have at your house.

I wouldn't,personally, suggest going out to find a 4th drug, or 5th as you are also on RA meds- You don't need anything else in your system.

Comment

Newbies Nest

im going to try to just drink waterr now until i go to bed
                            ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good... hugs lady! You are truly a strong and inspiring person! I am hoping that tomorrow you find a little bit of brightness and have a morning that adds something new to your day.
                              Picture positive steps, say good things in your head.
                              Have you tried to listen to those meditation links I posted?

Comment

Newbies Nest

yes i did a little. thank you for oposting the link. thank you forr the compliment, but i really dont feel all that strong or inspiring... but i am going to try very hard tomrrow to keep myself in check as best i can for my son.
                                ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                                X