Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Anyone hear or see anything from Sixty-four?

Sixty-four if you're out there would you check in? Please?

Hitting the hay nesters-nighty night

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gambler you are hilarious. I love that your "short" post is 9 paragraphs long.

I will say that it is a lot easier said than done for me to say, "I just don't drink" like "I just don't eat peanut butter," or "I just don't dye my hair." I get it, get the rationale, I believe in all of your posts, I shout YES YES to myself, and then the little thought creeps it's way into my mind. I feel like I'm battling ants at a picnic - can't figure out how they get in to all those nooks and crannies.

I am not sad or mad or over thinking this, I just have to be honest and say I am taking it one day at a time. I am doing what No Sugar suggested - acting like a successful sober person. Sooner or later it is bound to sink in, and until then I plan, read, eat, exercise and post here. I feel great at day 16, and my skin looks better already.

Lovely and Jelly - I hope you are well. I hope you do get the help you need from your doctor.

64, are you around? Elvis, how's it hanging? Willow, hop right back up on this wagon - there's plenty of room. J-Vo, I hope you're preparing your speech for tomorrow. Everyone else - Have great nights. I'm off to bed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Man, it is cold today! I think we'll wrap up and head to the park early again, fresh air really helps to wake my kids up. Then home for work.

Day 2.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Curious about this. Just read about kudzu this morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKy MAE, Nesters

You nearly had upside-down coffee this morning: my cat did a funny keyboard dance last night, hit some random keys and my screen turned upside down! Just back from the computer guy who fixed it within seconds.

So, here's your coffee, right way up, the way it should be: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe:

TREMENDOUS AF TUESDAY, Nesters
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dammit, lost my post! Take 2:

GWAWKy MAE, Nesters!

You nearly had upside down coffee this morning - my sweet kitty did some lap dancing - uhm sorry - laptop dancing last night, hit some random keys and my screen turned upside down!!!! Luckily my computer guy could fix it - it took mere seconds.

So, here's your coffee, the way it should be: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe::cupajoe::cupajoe:
              :cupajoe:

Have a TREMENDOUS AF TUESDAY, Nesters!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Bloody cold here in South East UK Willow. How did you get on yesterday? me I held off until 5pm! Got through the whole night on a small glass of wine and 3 beers I didn't finish everything in the house ! To some I know that sounds a lot but less than half the usual for me. No shakes this morning, a few sweats last night but slept a bit better.

Lovely - check in a bit later and catch up. Off to follow Flylady rules of "Get dressed to shoes" so I don't sit here in my PJ's all day as I have been.

Good luck today everyone and stay strongxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great going Jelly, are you going to do the same today? I'm in the South East too.

We're at the park now and it is bitter! Why did I think fresh air was a good idea?! Lol. Was fine yesterday, will be fine today and pretty sure I'll be fine tomorrow. I'm not a daily drinker so I can go 2-3 days - it's after day 4 it gets harder for me. It seems like I'm on the opposite to a lot of people here - most people struggle earlier on but it gets easier later. I'm the other way which is a bit annoying.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL Willow I ended up more hourly than daily. I'm hoping to cut it down a bit more today. At the park already, that's pretty good going. Home schooling is tough to do in the UK, our system really doesn't like it. Beware college can be difficult when they get older. Are you a member of Education Otherwise? Anyway off to start on the list, I've sat here for the last 3 months getting drunk and being depressed, even my builder told me I had depression. I'm hoping to win my appeal to go back to work as they said I could be a danger to children because of the drink drive which means I may never work again. Stupid since I don't drive kids and I was considered an expert in what I do in the south east. Bitter or what!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Most people are really supportive but I do get the odd strange look. I think both kids will go back to school eventually, probably before the primary years are finished. Just so they make friends to go onto secondary with. We'll see what happens. I only did it because DD was so unhappy at school and because she was home, DS wanted to be too. Some people I know Home Ed because they themselves wanted to which I find a bit weird to be honest - but hey, I shouldn't judge!

Back from the park - too cold and everything was wet from the frost melting. We're going swimming now instead!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goood morning everyone just checking in before i go out. hop everyone is doing ok.
                        ?That's the problem with drinking,
                        If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                        if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                        and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                        ― Charles Bukowski
                        :wings::wings:
                        Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gwawk Nesters

Pavati;1587129 wrote: Gambler you are hilarious. I love that your "short" post is 9 paragraphs long.

I will say that it is a lot easier said than done for me to say, "I just don't drink" like "I just don't eat peanut butter," or "I just don't dye my hair." I get it, get the rationale, I believe in all of your posts, I shout YES YES to myself, and then the little thought creeps it's way into my mind. I feel like I'm battling ants at a picnic - can't figure out how they get in to all those nooks and crannies.

I am not sad or mad or over thinking this, I just have to be honest and say I am taking it one day at a time. I am doing what No Sugar suggested - acting like a successful sober person. Sooner or later it is bound to sink in, and until then I plan, read, eat, exercise and post here. I feel great at day 16, and my skin looks better already.
                          I surely didnt mean for it to go on for that long lol. But when I start to write its hard to stop. There are so many things I wish to say but time does not allow for it right now.

I fully understand and respect how its easier said than done. Please do not get the feeling that I have any kind of disrespect for anyone on their path to AF. The respect I have for anyone trying to remove AL totally from life is enormous.

Yea my skin and mainly my face and baggy black eyes were 10 times better at two weeks Your absolutely right about one day at a time. All that matters is today..not yesterday or tomorrow. Next thing you know Byrdie is going to throw you a bra or undies or something like that

Well Im off to work. Everyone have a pleasant day and enjoy yourselves.

Dave.
                          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I personally had trouble after a week. The first weekend was really hard. And yes I still have strong urges to drink after over 200 days af. They are definitely not as strong as say the first month, but I stay close to mwo and think of how others here deal with difficult situations instead of drinking.
                            Jelly and lovely I hope you both have good days. Soon it will be great af days for you both! I am sending strong vibes your way.
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'm in a major rush so I'll just wish everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                              Don't forget to keep working on your gratitude lists

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone! Great to see so many of you out and about on this glorious day - hope it is lovely wherever you are today. Be hopeful and sober! I'm not drinking today. I'm not thinking about drinking today.
                                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X