Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

yes, i would love for us to have a family outing....the problem is that neither of us are usually in any condition to drive, plus his licence is currently suspended for a DUI.
    ?That's the problem with drinking,
    If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
    if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
    and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
    ― Charles Bukowski
    :wings::wings:
    Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
      My cold is a tiny bit better but my ears are still plugged and sneezing/blowing...I wonder how one person can make this much snot...;-))
      Today I have 80 AF days...I can not believe this...I can see 100 on the horizon and I WILL get there. That is my Christmas present to me..:coolsanta:
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow! 80 days that is awesome! way to go dottie!
        ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely- "but i am scared that if i go cold turkey before i see my doctor i will die, as one time before i ended up in the ER after having a withdrawal seizure.....i am so scared, but optimistic....andi am never giving up" You already know you can't go cold turkey. Just don't go there. It won't just scare you, it will scare the poop out of all of us! ((HUGS))

DTD Just about to refresh my first. I get the shakes badly from coffee sometimes. It makes my eyes feel stuck to my forehead. DOES THAT STOP ME? HECK NO!!! I drink probably 6 cups a week. And out of the 4 times I will be WIRED! I like it sometimes. Right now I like it. CHEERS! Here's to your second cup.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW DB Terrific! 80 days and counting! What a terrific, Christmas present! You could to top it with a bow!

How do you feel? I feel good at 10, I think it's ten. Not as good as I would like to, I am eating more than I would and also making way too much ice cream! lol. I haven't eaten any of the last batch I made yet and did indulge in what I consider garbage food, store bought stuff. Are you experiencing weight loss or gain?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know I can't, its just very frustrating...

ANyways I have to run out for a few minutes to take care of something but I will be right back (30 minutes or less).

Lots of love
              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

:cheering::jumpwow: DOTTIE BELLE :jumpwow::cheering:
                :jumpwow:HAS 80 AF DAYS!!!!! :jumpwow:
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay Lovely

TOUGH LOVE TIME-

"yes, i would love for us to have a family outing....the problem is that neither of us are usually in any condition to drive, plus his licence is currently suspended for a DUI." It's going to be up to YOU to create the life you want your son to have. From my partial view of your life, your husband will not be helping you get there anytime soon. Is the car, your or his? Whose name is it in?

How are you doing so far today? The sun hasn't shown here and it makes it feel like evening, so I thought of drinking. I don't have wine in the house though. But I got on the nordic and did the hoola-hoop and some small weights... jumped around a bit and got silly. The craving went away for now. Anything to distract myself. BUT I also haven't showered so I would have to plan to shower, plan to get out there to go get the wine. That's a lot of work! How do you get your liquor if you are too drunk to go get it?

Does anyone have family members that don't hesitate to go get it for you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah WHAT DTD SAID!! lol

:cheering::jumpwow: DOTTIE BELLE :jumpwow::cheering:
                    :jumpwow:HAS 80 AF DAYS!!!!! :jumpwow:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLuck, I know you're on 30 days - congrats and :l:l:l ! You're not getting any jumpy things from me - Byrdie's hats are worth much, much, much more. Patience, she'll pop in soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters

Dottie, well done on your 80 days, that's amazing! You should be very proud of yourself! (hope you feel better soon!)

My Luck, well done to you on your 30 days too, excellent work!

It's been so cold here today. Work was great, the gym was also great and I am off to a meeting in a wee while. I am a busy BH, but I like it that way. Hope everyone is well :l
                        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can't believe the jumpy things copy/pasted. I have tried before and the animation normally disappear. CONGRATS MYLUCK- If I know how to get jumpy things and other animations I would post some more... I just tried to copy/paste one again here and it won't work!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much everyone. With the exception of my cold I feel really good. I have lost 10 pounds and have not gotten back to the gym full time just yet. Gym is on my to do list. But I have gotten a lot done around the house and am sleeping so much better.
                            This has not been easy. I spend time each day here reading and posting. I truly feel that this has been the difference this time around. I have had many quits and attempts at moderation but determination to be AF and the support of ALL u wonderful/supportive folks has gotten me to this point.
                            It does get better!!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Isty, to get the jumpy thingies, click on Post reply (bottom left) or Go advanced in the Quick reply window. All sorts of lovely smilies there! Unfortunately only some of them jump, but others dance; most of them stand quietly in a corner and behave themselves.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello! I have returned!
                                ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                                X