Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

After my relapse on the weekend, I have come to realise most of us on here are better at giving out advice than taking advice.

I have glossed over my own problems for too long.

I need to break the cycle.

That means getting myself a new hobby and becoming more social. I have always been nervous around new people.

I also need to achieve something in life. If I do not, I will have a few good weeks before I realise I have not progressed and hit the bottle on a night out again.

I am living this problem in silence. No one knows what I get up to at the weekends. I use white lies to cover up my problems.

Before I know it I will be 30, and if I have not got my own life by then God knows how I will feel. I even researched my local AA group today. Considering popping along some time soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Dottie and MyLuck! Dottie, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Londoner, I relapsed at the weekend too, sucks. Let's keep at it though!

Lovely, I'm getting a sun symbol. I already have a seahorse on my back (to represent water), a daisy on my left foot (earth), stars on my right foot (air) and this final one will represent fire. I was reading about sun symbols today actually and it's also a symbol of new beginnings so it seems quite apt!

Comment

Newbies Nest

that sounds really nice, and appropriate too. I have a heart lock and key on my left upper arm with my moms date of birth/death, a joker card on my right foot, spade on my left foot, doctor who time lord seal (im a nerd) on my right shoulder blade, capricorn zodiac sign on my right leg, music note tribal on my left leg. the cherry blossom branch im getting is for my grandfather.
        ?That's the problem with drinking,
        If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
        if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
        and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
        ― Charles Bukowski
        :wings::wings:
        Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, you have loads! I love the look of sleeves but I'd never be brave enough for that!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner
            Always easier looking in from the outside.

DTD
            Thanks.

I have to get a few more things done. TTFN.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nah, me either. lol I would never get sleeves or any on my hands/neck/face thats just too much
              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Urgh. I ate a load of Haribo and now I have a sugar headache! I really need to cut down all the junk I'm eating!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I alsoo need to start eating better. i dont really need to eat healthier though just more. I havent really been eating that much lately..
                  ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, you definitely need to make sure you eat plenty, it'll really help with the cravings. Maybe that's why you've been finding it difficult to stop too. Besides the actual addiction I mean.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie I am so proud of you. Being sober is the best Christmas present you can give yourself.
                      MyLuck congratulations on 30 af days. It is so wonderful to see you doing so great.
                      :wave:
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner, Loveless & Willow, Do you mind if I join in? I'm on Day 2 after a bad weekend.

Londoner, I can relate. I think that I drank to become more social as I am also anxious/insecure when meeting new people. Ironic thing, the more I drink, the more isolated I become. When I drink, I physically don't want to be too close so that they can't smell it, as I'm generally drinking when I shouldn't be.

I'm trying to fill my days with exercise, work and activities to avoid the downtime and thoughts about drinking.

Have a good night!
                        cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome cocoflo! congratulations for day 2! i am not doing so well right now, but that will change soon
                          ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Loveless - love your signature by the way! Very true....unfortunately.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome aboard Coco. Sounds so much like me - I become less social, the more I drink. There is a sweet spot where I am very social, but that blends seamlessly into a dark place soon after - where I become someone else completely and do strange things.

I actually thought I was going to have a heart attack this weekend - I drank so much alcohol and did so many stimulants over a 36 hour period at the weekend. The problem is the two mixed cancel each other out, so I do more and more of each. No wonder I feel so crap.

Stupid. Thing is I met a really nice girl out partying. But I don't wanna further it any more as I know it will mean partying more with her in the future. So, another reason alcohol causes more isolation on my part.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes ive used everyy excuse to drink in the book. I also thought i might be able to moderate, but its impossible for me to do that, I am still drinking right noww because i have seizures if i go through withdrawal, so i am waiting for my doctors appointmentt, trying to drink a little less each night. trying, anyway....plus i am also a recovering opiate addict and i smoke weed everyday becausei have rheumatoid arthritis.
                                ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                                X