Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sounds like you are in the right place then Loveless, and are in the correct mindset.

You can do this - hopefully the doc can help you get over this first hurdle.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope so, everyday I wake up shaking....This morning I took my son for a walk to the park as soon as we got up, I had to have a couple drinks before we left and I also had to bring something with me...I felt so pathetic...
      ?That's the problem with drinking,
      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
      ― Charles Bukowski
      :wings::wings:
      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

istym4me;1587287 wrote: Headlamp Elvis!

Thanks for posting about moderating. This is a SITE about Moderating and there are new people coming here daily- SO I thought it prudent to get some chat about that going.

Is there a MODERATING THREAD? I thought I looked for one... I will check again.

Another thread I thought might be useful is a MULTIPLE ADDICTION THREAD.

Good Morning all- Most of you are into the afternoon! I am having morning coffee now. Trying to pretend there is sunshine!
        There are several "moderation" threads on Mwo. Scroll down. (Sorry to b short-I hate teeny phone keypads)!!! Ironic ~ what brings most of us here is the thought of moderation~ only to have everyone here say it isn't possible!!

I also asked about the founder~but the response is always speculation ('someone thinks tjey heard someone say she doesn't drink anymore"). Clearly, she and others successfully moderated or there wouldn't be a book
        right? More later
        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My husban dand i just got in a huge fight...
          ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am beginning to feel like the only one in this timezone with a job!!!! Just curious, but where are the kids?
            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Are you ok Lovely? What happened?

Welcome Coco, come on in! I'm just finishing day 2 too. I got to Day 11 which was Sunday, then caved to the cravings. Was very annoyed at myself but came straight back here. Lots of support and there will always be at least one person who can identify with how you're feeling, if not all of us!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I dont know we were just yelling at eachother...just putt my son to bed...
                ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

I've had a great day today and I almost feel like apologising for it. So, for the first time, the newbie's nest is not really somewhere I feel like hanging out in right now. No offence to anyone, and I will be on other threads and I'll probably be back posting tomorrow, but tonight I am just not feeling it. Goodnight everyone
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters,

Grateful for my 30 days! Thank you for all of your thoughtful posts that keep me going. I really appreciate it.

Welcome Cocoflo and good on day 2!

Londoner, it'll get better. Read lots and lots. You're young, your body will bounce back quickly if you're good to it.

Lovely, continue making the baby steps. Getting out with your son this morning was a wonderful start. Eat lots! Don't worry about what you're eating right now. Just stuff yourself so you drink less. Eat more, drink less. Slowly, of course.

Willow and Lovely, getting an addition to my tat on Friday after Thanksgiving. I have an "apple" for education. I'm going to get a book worm near that. He's going to be wearing big red glasses!

Dottie, congrats on your 80 days! Around the world in 80 days!!! How was the trip??

Congrats on your 30 MyLuck! I'm with ya!

Everyone else, have a wonderful evening!
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sorry, i dont want to make anyone feel uncomfortable...
                      ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Dottie, congrats on your 80 days! Around the world in 80 days!!! How was the trip??"
                        j-vo I was thinking the same thing...and the trip was bumpy but so well worth it!!
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

BH - don't you ever apologize for having a great day. You have earned each and every one! Hearing you so happy makes me smile.

Myluck & Dottie - Way to go!

Coco - welcome back.

I haven't posted much lately. It's very busy here, and I can't seem to keep up. So just checking in to send best wishes to all. I spent a wonderful weekend with friends and family. Really helped me get my head straight again. I truly am blessed.

Have a good evening all.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow Nesters ..

Well guys .. I felt great this morning but when lunchtime rolled around it felt like a 'density' came over me. Work was just weird today. One guy had to take off due to an injury he had over the weekend ( Im thinking it was bottle related if you know what I mean )..then the bossman went home early on orders from his doctor. Too much stress and high blood pressure put him in bed for the day ( and probably tomorrow ). So it was basically just me. Then of course I started thinking too much about a bit of everything. So the only thing I could do was to turn up the radio and start producing. Luckily by then end of the day I was okie doke. I got home and realized that I didnt pay the bills yet .. so one by one got checked off and filed ( I love this internet pay stuff. I hate stamps ! lol ). I felt even more relaxed after that little chore. Still having a feeling like I 'forgot' something. Eh..oh well.

Upward and Onward Dottie ! What a great Christmas gift for yourself !
                            I never really pondered the snot thing..but Im sure someone is going to have to look it up now ;-) I do hate the ear plug and popping. I can take the rest of being sick..but dont touch my ear pressure please..

You too Myluck and J-Vo ! Real good going on putting 30 days in your pockets. You guys get to open your #66 day door on Christmas !

Im going to put up an early Congrats to Kairos for your 30th birthday tomorrow!

Also an early Kickin the Kan Koodoes going out to Elvis for 7 Days !

This week has brought a lot of celebration .. Byrdie better order up some more clothing items before she runs out

I think Im going to take some time and figure out how many days each of us will have on Christmas and on New Years day. Something to take with us through the holidays kinda thing. Good Ol' Gambler is going to be 114 on 1.14

Londoner;1587375 wrote: I also need to achieve something in life.
                            I was told a long time ago that once and a while life will throw you a rope. Its up to you to grab onto it and hold on Tight. It does happen and more often for some. Sometimes patience is truly a virtue. You are young and will have many opportunities coming your way. I can tell you that being free from booze will not only help that rope come your way in shorter intervals .. but will also help with your grip. I hope you understand.

Loveless and Itsy .. good to see you guys hitting it off like you have. I cant really keep up with the different directions in your postings at the moment. But it seems like your giving it your best and thats what counts. ( the slapped or laid comment was just me getting tired last night Itsy.. sometimes my humor is hard to catch )

Willow ( I really like that name ) and CCF .. there is always room in the nest .. oh and feel free to tell us what you cook so we can add you to our future catering ventures ( I think we are missing a confectionist )

Nice to see you Strong..hope everything is going well with you.

Feel Great about yourself Halo ! hey..do what you got to do .. no worries

You snuck in while closing my post Rose...So happy to hear you filling your cup with people close to you.

I really miss you Ican and C-dev .. Just letting you know that I am thinking about you two.

Well im off to fire up the stove and listen to some music for a bit. Best wishes to you all. :l

Dave.
                            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                            AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

How is everyon edoing tonight?
                              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

lovely doing well with the exception of this darn cold. bleh
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X