Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

aww, yeah being sick sucks. unfortunately its that time of year...

I really enjoyed going for a walk with my son this morning, it was the first time in a long time that I wasnt completely wasted by lunch time. unfortunately once i got home I got right back to it, and i didnt reach my goal of less tha nyesterday, but I consider anything progress at this pointt.And i will try and do bette rtomorrow.
    ?That's the problem with drinking,
    If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
    if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
    and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
    ― Charles Bukowski
    :wings::wings:
    Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave thanks for kind words and what a great way of saying it: " you will open your day # 66 on Christmas" - this is something now for us to look forward!!!
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awards time :

J Vo and Myluck. I cant believe its been 30 days for you! Around here that earns you a hat!!
        :goodtime: :goodtime:
        I hope you are as proud of this effort as we all are. Protect your fragile quits with all youve got!! Do you have any words of wisdom as to how you managed it this time? What worked. What didnt. Always good reading!

Dot bell. They aint no prize for 80 days. (As we say in the South). But youll have a couple doozys coming up in 10 days and then another 10 days. So prizes are lurking around every corner, hun! Just hang in with us! You are doing GREAT!

Work is nuts. I am nuts. My family is nuts! Tis the season!! Have a great night all. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

im going to bed good night all! ill check in after i come back from walk with my son tomorrow morning. wih me luck...
          ?That's the problem with drinking,
          If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
          if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
          and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
          ― Charles Bukowski
          :wings::wings:
          Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie I'm nuts too.
            Bhalo I'm glad you had a good day.
            Nite all.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want a like button!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I'm following Byrdie here & sending CONGRATS to J Vo, Myluck & Dottie :wd:
                Great work everyone - let's keep going

Lovely, I challenge you to do better tomorrow!
                Do better for yourself & your son. You both deserve a better life!

BH, don't worry, sometimes taking a mental health day from the Nest is exactly what we need to regroup - I do it too

Any of you wondering about Roberta Jewel - just go back & look at her posts.
                She did say that she was busier with her life & moderation was difficult & time consuming. She eventually chose to abstain. A lot of us have made that choice as well. If you think you want to try moderating, then try. But please don't discuss it here in the Newbies Nest where people are straining just to get a few AF days under their belts.

With that I wish everyone a safe night in the nest.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Dottie, My Luck and J-Vo. Great accomplishments.

Myself, I have eaten too much and am tired. It is finally raining here - hooray. I am putting day 17 to bed. What is my number for Christmas, Dave? New Years? I like your 114, 1.14. Jealous!

BH - Happy you had a great day. I did, too.

Onward and upward. Happy, sober Tuesday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moderating is prohibited, but tapering and falling off the wagon are ok to post if you feel bad about. It? We're all struggling to find our own "my way out' and posting here has helped me get 37 days,
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie and My Luck CONGRATS

I am so proud of you both. Well done

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Awake early (woke at 5am) and it's cold! Quite good to be awake I guess - we have the estate agent around at 10am as we're putting our house on the market. Got a lot of tidying to do before he comes over.

Bit of a bummer being in a different time zone to a lot of you - I'm always asleep when a lot of you post. I hope everyone is ok, seems like we're all pushing on nicely. Day 3 today.

Dave - last night was spicy chicken, noodle and veg stir fry. Tonight will be bolognese - how's that for you?!

Have a great day everybody x

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm worried

Hi dear nesters,

I read through the last few days posts and I am worried.
                          It seems that some of you had decided to cut yourself some slack and it seems that you are ?planning? on drinking ?in moderation? during the holidays. ?Just one glass??

Please, please, please do not kid yourselves.
                          Those of you who had made the decision to drink and those who are still debating. I only ask one thing of you:

Please go back to your first posts, when you had just started your journey here.
                          Read your posts.
                          Remember what brought you to MWO.
                          Read through the sadness, the misery, the self loath written by YOU
                          Continue reading through your progress and the happiness, the joy, the clear mind, the sober feeling (the best feeling in the world)

And then if you still decide to drink then what can I say?
                          You are the only ones responsible for your life actions.
                          I will love you the same. I will not judge you. You will still be very dear to me.
                          This much I can control.
                          I will not be able to control the way you?ll feel about yourselves after the drinking. Do you think that the lousy glass of wine or whatever your poison is will be worth all the hard work you had put into getting sober?

I?m with Byrdie, with Dave and other members here knowing I will not drink. Not on Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other holiday.
                          I am fully committed to my sobriety. I love it. I will protect it no matter what. No drink in the world can replace or measure up to the way I feel today or even on a bad day. I finally DEAL with my life without drowning my sorrow or blacking out just so I can get up hung-over the next day and realize that whatever problem I am facing ? just got bigger thanks to AL.

I hope I wasn?t too harsh you guys. I love you all. I?m just concerned and can already picture the after the holiday posts.

Have a wonderful AF day today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MAE, lovely Nesters!
                            I'm running out the door on my way to work and will be there basically until Saturday!! So no time to post, but I am reading in the evenings and sending the very rest of my positive energy (I promise I won't send anything but positive!) and strength to all of you struggling. It's such a gift to ourselves and then to everyone whose lives we touch-- this fight for sobriety. It really does get easier! At the beginning I faked it and put my trust in what the old timers were promising-- I feel like I fought really hard, like I was fighting the devil-- you all know what I mean. And now I am still a Newbie, but after a couple of months at it, it IS getting easier. It's not a constant fight, at least!!
                            :l to everyone!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Coffee's ready - help yourself!

HAVE A WUNNERFULLY AF WEDNESDAY, NESTERS!!!
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange, just noticed that you're on Day 81 today. I congratulated Dottie, but not you, yesterday.

So, belated congratulations, big hugs and much thanks for many wise words (and taking over coffee duty at short notice)!!
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X