Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey guys. Quick question - I posted last night about scoffing a load of Haribo and then getting a sugar headache. Well, by 7am this morning I had such a bad headache I had to go back to sleep. Just woken at 9.15am. Is it possible that this is a sugar 'hangover'? I didn't have the headache when I woke up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Definitely Willow. Sugar hangovers can really mess with your sleep and energy levels

Comment

Newbies Nest

Something is different this time after my relapse. Like a hell of a lot worse.

I have killed my motivation for work, life, everything.

I really am feeling lost this week

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. how is everyone today? going for a walk with my son, ill be on in a little while. hope everyone is doing well! not feeling too good after last night but im not gonna let that stop me!
          ?That's the problem with drinking,
          If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
          if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
          and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
          ― Charles Bukowski
          :wings::wings:
          Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Loveless. Good to see you on here again.

Keep yourself strong and do this for you and your family

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Just have time to wish everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday
              Life is good if you follow your plan

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

What's up Londoner? Are you reading anything or taking any supplements? I have the L Glut but I find that reading books like Jason Vale or Allen Carr are good. What kind of work do you do?

Lovely, how are you doing today?

I still have my headache and I was sick once too. Very achy. I think this is a virus rather than the sugar, although that probably didn't help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Willow. I work in the fitness industry, believe it or not. I can't keep up with my weekend lifestyle and trying to be professional at the same time. Guilty.

I find bone broth and l tyrosine help me in the initial phase, but I'm out of both.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GMN ( Good Morning Nesters )

Pavati;1587588 wrote: What is my number for Christmas, Dave? New Years? I like your 114, 1.14. Jealous!
                    Your opening up your 53rd day present on Christmas Morning..then you get to bring in the New Year with 60 days ! So no reason to be jealous lol.

Just my quick morning hello folks.
                    So this week is just flying by..Wednesday already huh ? I guess I should start looking for my suit for next monday before I discover that It doesnt fit. I seem to be a bit stressed out after waking up. I dont know what dreams I had but the way I feel is sorta heart sinking. Going back and forth between feeling great about getting the custody thing rolling and feeling not so great that Im having to even have this go-around with the mother is taxing my energy. Even though I am upset at her and what she has allowed me and the boys to go through I still feel that things could/should have been resolved by now. I dont want her to be going through any stress or anxiety as much as I have. I know I cant do anything about it though. Bummer.. Where are those red slippers when you need them..

Anyways time for me to fly so everyone have a wonderful AF day and I will see you all tonight.

Dave.
                    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! I am looking forward to getting to know the "new" newbies....
                      Day 4 for me
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi fellow Nesters,

A quick fly-past from me. It's 1.00am in the morning where I live! Just been to see Leonard Cohen in concert, fantastic!............

........There is no way that i could have gone out and enjoyed a concert before i became AF. My priority was always drinking, and i became incapable of doing anything else apart from drag myself into work each day.........

........So very happy to have a full life once more!

To anyone struggling: please don't give up on your quit. Protect your boundaries, and stick with your AF plans. If you fall down, get up again! (I went through that many times. Stay close to the nest......

Steady
                        :h
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fly by!
                          Just so you know...work is really interfering with my nest time!
                          If i get thru next week I will have done something!
                          GREAT to see you jennie! 4 days is HUGE. In our little world here! Wrap your quit in protective bubblewrap and give it everything you've got. It is worth it!

Meeting my worst customer this morning and FAMILY this afternoon and evening. By tonight i will be feeling like i had a colonoscopy. Visiting my brother (22 cats). I have to visit in phases because half the family isnt speaking to the other half. Family will drive you nuts but they will NOT drive me to drink. If i can get thru my crazy family at Thanksgiving i know you can too.

Do not give in to AL no matter what and no matter who! Dig your heels in and say NO, HELL NO! AL is NOT taking one more day of my precious life!! Xxoo, Overworked Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the welcome back!! Starting day 3, and I don't feel too awful. Hopefully things get better from here. I've been googling symptoms of withdrawal and getting myself all stressed. Maybe I'm a hypochondriac too? :H

Dave, I love your posts! So positive. Unfortunately, I'm more of an eater than a cooker. I just bought a slow cooker and the recipes seem pretty easy. We'll see!

Loveless, good to see you up and about! Since I work from home I may try to sneak in a walk with my over-weight labrador. Like you, I need to do this to be a better parent (and person!). I want to be there for my kids for a long, long time, but I know that won't happen if I don't stop for good.

Well, stay warm - it is rather chilly in my neck of the woods!

Need to get to work! Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick fly by for me, too.

Jenniech - I am happy to see you here. I have been lurking off and on since last Jan. so I followed a lot of your posts - they were helpful to me. Welcome back and strap on that butt velcro.

Everyone else, happy hump day. Be safe, be sober, enjoy life. I have yoga class on Wednesdays and that always makes me feel better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong and in Control;1587593 wrote: Moderating is prohibited, but tapering and falling off the wagon are ok to post if you feel bad about. It? We're all struggling to find our own "my way out' and posting here has helped me get 37 days,
                                Congratulations on the 37 days, Strong!

It sounds to me like you don't want to moderate as in a long-term plan of only 1 glass a night, or a bottle over the course of a week, or something like that, right? If you did, the MWO moderation threads likely would be the best place to post.

My impression is that like many people in the nest, you're operating ODAAT and are not ready to say you are committed to not drinking on a particular special occasion in the future. What if you started that conversation in a dedicated thread? It seems to me that it is a good discussion to have - many people on MWO are wondering how in the heck they are going to deal with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. Maybe on that thread the posters could develop strategies for limiting drinking to only those days. I mean, if it's possible you're going to drink, it's best to have a plan for dealing with it to try not to let it get out of control. People likely will chime in, suggesting that you not drink at all, as they do here in the Nest. Maybe some of the people who think they might drink once or twice during the upcoming holiday season will reconsider. It would be a good thing to discuss.

I do agree with others, though, that that is not the best conversation to have in the Newbies Nest.

You are an asset in the Newbies Nest, Strong, with a different perspective on things, which I think is important. Different people respond to different ways of looking at things. I hope you continue to post here and elsewhere on MWO. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X