Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

STEADFAST;1587766 wrote: Hi fellow Nesters,

A quick fly-past from me. It's 1.00am in the morning where I live! Just been to see Leonard Cohen in concert, fantastic!............

........There is no way that i could have gone out and enjoyed a concert before i became AF. My priority was always drinking, and i became incapable of doing anything else apart from drag myself into work each day.........

........So very happy to have a full life once more!

To anyone struggling: please don't give up on your quit. Protect your boundaries, and stick with your AF plans. If you fall down, get up again! (I went through that many times. Stay close to the nest......

Steady

:h
    Hi Stead!
    I remember going to concerts and being so incapacitated by the time the feature band came on that I don't even remember it. What a waste. You sound so strong and so happy. Good advice too to all us fledglings and as Byrdie alway says "protect your quit". I just love that phrase.

Speaking of Byrdie - sounds like you've been having a couple of rough weeks with one on the horizon and dealing with your kinfolk. Wow - 22 cats is 21 too many! I remember a coworker/friend who had a ton of cats. One day we were all to bring in a treat for a holiday office party. She made some sticky buns and all I remember was the cat hair that was stuck to them! :H

Now seems to be a really good time to start writing out plans for next week and all that comes with the kick-off to the holiday season. Stocking my refrig with plenty of pelegrino and perrier and making some pitchers of exotic herbal teas to try too.

Happy AF hump day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! Just got back from another wonderful walk to the park with my son. Today we stayed longer and I did not bring any al with me and only had one before leaving. unfortunately I stopped at the liquor store on the way home because I started shaking so badly, but its still progress. and he had a really good time too. It's amazing how kids who are so young can pick up on so much...like me shaking, for example.
      although something kinda scary happened when i got home...
      ?That's the problem with drinking,
      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
      ― Charles Bukowski
      :wings::wings:
      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Loveless. Progress is progress. And that's definitely some good progress for you.

Keep it up and imagine how you will feel in a week and then a month

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE GWAWKY etc
          Quick fly by ~ catch up later! Happy Wednesday! Went out to a pub for dinner last night. Still didn't want a drink. You think there'd be MORE AF offerings. in a bar!!!! LOl
          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

IAS&IC

Thanks, I will look through those threads. It is a ironic, that's partly why I posted about it. I also posted another thread from a different site. Did you check it out? I have to try to go back to see if anyone checked it out.

LOnDONERI actually thought I was going to have a heart attack this weekend - I drank so much alcohol and did so many stimulants over a 36 hour period at the weekend. The problem is the two mixed cancel each other out, so I do more and more of each. No wonder I feel so crap.

What type of stimulants?

BrokenHalo Glad you had a good day! I did also. I am SORE TODAY! So much activity and working out. Felt great.

COCO
            WELCOME TO MWO. To the loveless comment.

WILLOW
            HOW are you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Moderating is prohibited, but tapering and falling off the wagon are ok to post if you feel bad about. It? We're all struggling to find our own "my way out' and posting here has helped me get 37 days,"

Congrats on 37 days!

"You think there'd be MORE AF offerings. in a bar!!!! LOl" That cracked me up! All well drinks have at least 6 tabs for soda and tonics. My kids often order all the fancy frozen drinks alcohol free. Maybe, a Shirley Temple is in order for the next pub night.

LOVELY What happened when you got back from your walk?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1587794 wrote: Well done Loveless. Progress is progress. And that's definitely some good progress for you.

Keep it up and imagine how you will feel in a week and then a month
                Agree with you Londoner!

Lovely - You're headed in the right direction - stay strong and keep whittling away at it. Each step is progress and a milestone to celebrate. You can do this! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKY MAE!

Yay, I get my moon man back today! Thanks Dave/Gambler for the early congratulations. I'll be opening Gift #42 on Christmas morning. The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything!
                  11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

ELvis 7 days?

Comment

Newbies Nest

istym4me;1587813 wrote: "Moderating is prohibited, but tapering and falling off the wagon are ok to post if you feel bad about. It? We're all struggling to find our own "my way out' and posting here has helped me get 37 days,"

Congrats on 37 days!

"You think there'd be MORE AF offerings. in a bar!!!! LOl" That cracked me up! All well drinks have at least 6 tabs for soda and tonics. My kids often order all the fancy frozen drinks alcohol free. Maybe, a Shirley Temple is in order for the next pub night.

LOVELY
                      What happened when you got back from your walk?
                      Hey istym! :l I tried to pm u but your mailbox was full. Well, near the end of our walk i started getting really shaky and nauseous, so we stopped at the liquor store on the way home....after i got home, made my son his lunch and had a few shots. I then started coughing, grabbed a kleenex...and for the first time in my life i coughed up blood. I am very scared right now. I dont even know what that means except its probably not good....:helpme: does anybody know?
                      ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters! Checking in here during lunch break. Having a great day, it's sunny outside, and I'm so busy, which is great. The day flies by and I feel productive. Anyhow, I hope everyone has a sober-free happy hump day! I know I am!!

Lovely and Jelly, hope you're doing well!
                        Everyone, good day!
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Luckyflower, thanks for the great post. That's goin' into my journal. And I didn't even need my bifocals to read it!!

Lifechange, also a great post. : )
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOVELY

I have a guess that your stomach lining is not happy. Do you have any baking soda? Drink a tablespoon of baking soda mixed in water. If you have probiotics take some of those too. I have it in powder form and tablets, it doesn't have to be in yogurt, although, KEFIR is great. YOU might want to call a Dr if your Dr isn't available.

What is it you are taking shots of? Water and ice your drinks down, Please....

I thought there were a few nurses on here. Maybe they will chime in. I will do a quick search on coughing up blood. I do know some people cough too hard at times and rip their throats. How hard were you coughing?

Comment

Newbies Nest

vodka. usually i only drink hard stuff if im in bad shape, which i was when i got home...it was a bad decision, but i will water things down from now on. i looked it up and they say it can be caused from throwing up alot too you can like, rupture something i think....I wasnt coughing all that hard though...
                              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

Loveless - has the coughing up blood stopped? That happened to me once when I had pneumonia and it was brought on by severe coughing...your throat is fragile and can rip easily. I would try to take it easy and also eat foods that are easy on your stomach. Of course, alcohol is HELL on your stomach....so please be careful. Were you vomiting? Sorry to be so nosy!

Wow the Nest is super busy, I've had a hard time catching up after I was out sick for a few days. This time of year the "moderation vs. abstaining" discussion usually comes up. Every alcoholic wishes they could have one or two drinks, I think we all came here hoping for that. I've yet to see it successfully happen.

I hope you all have a great day, and I have NO IDEA how Dave keeps up with everyone's numbers...I don't even know my own! :H
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X