Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon all,

This is day 11 AF for me and I feel motivated. I haven't slept this much in years, but I've noticed that this increase in sleep has improved my short-term memory, which is a definite bonus. To all those who have been experiencing sugar cravings, try not to worry about it. From what I understand, this is perfectly normal. I consumed sugary soft drinks on several days last week when I was just starting out, but this week I'm not having any sugar cravings. It is odd, though, as like many people have mentioned, I don't generally crave sugary things. But what's a bit of refined sugar compared to getting drunk?

Comment

Newbies Nest

It must be the refined sugar I've eaten about six jam tarts my daughter cooked this evening, it's probably twenty years since I had one of those, I usually hate the things
      WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Long day for me but it was a good one

Congratulations leaveinsilence for your 10 AF days & JimBeam for your 11! You are both making great progress & beginning to reap the benefits already - such as improved sleep, mood, etc. I wouldn't worry too awfully much about the sugar intake right now, it improves as well. But you , if you like read up on L-Glutamine which helps reduce sugary cravings.
        Be happy with your progress & be proud of yourselves - you're doing something wonderful for yourselves & your families!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest - the night light is on

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello.

Hi Fluff day 2 is good again. There's no right or wrong way to do this, so feel free to make it up as you go along.

Me? I just finished a big plate of pretzels and pistachios. Ha. For some reason pistachios were a passion of mine when I quit smoking many years ago. Not sugary. Just food.

JimB, Leave, maybe it's just hunger? I eat six times a day for a couple years now since I had to lose some weight (yeah I know -- its a cool diet program I can explain if anyone's interested). Anyhow, I always recognized that I would often crave an ice cold beer when I was really hungry. The trouble with eating sugar and simple carbs when you're hungry is that the crash from the sugar high just leaves you even hungrier. I'm thinking it would be a good idea for me to keep some healthy snacks around.

Yep Lav, working too hard again - another late one tonight. Better than the alternative!

Hi to anyone else bopping in!

Take care.
          tw
          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3-Fluff checking in... Hi Lavande-It's snowing here-a surprise for us-didn't expect it!
            Hi Tranq-love pistachios as well.
            Leave in silence-my big problem is the carbs, too-so I started a low-carb diet -cut out all the yummy white bread, sugars, and chocolates-oh, and alcohol! But, I am not craving them either. Also -found that Breyers makes low-carb ice-cream and it actually tastes better than regular.
            JimBeam great on 11 days!
            Luv, Fluff
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.
              Good to hear that the sugar cravings dont last too long. I try to eat low carb, high protein so was concerned about eating too much sugar. I think I am over the worst of the drying out/intense craving stage now. Am sticking to the supps and try to get the CD's in when I can although the kids whinge about the sleep and the subliminal (Does sound a bit like a whale dying....). The topa hasnt shown up yet so I guess it didnt make it through customs.
              Think at the moment I am having husband withdrawals - he comes home on Monday thank goodness. Although might be a bit hard when he walks in with my favourite duty free poison. But will deal with that when it happens.
              Tranq - yes I do play golf (very badly and not often enough) but my husband is the golfing champion of the family (ex pro plays off 3). I love just walking around the course as we live on a golf course estate and it is beautiful.
              Fluff glad you are feeling good.
              Lav - sounds like your little man keeps you running around.
              L I S I'm with you about the jam tarts - yuk!
              Hey JB glad to hear you are still sleeping well. I love sleep and to sleep well is such a bonus.
              Jolie if you check in, hope you are doing OK.
              Take care everyone
              And happy three weeks to me!!! YAY.
              Hippy Chick
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Boy did I ever oversleep this morning - guess I needed it

Hippy Chick, congrats on your 3 weeks - Woo Hoo!!! Why not ask your husband to skip the duty free store - I would!!!!!!!!!

Fluff - good girl!!! Just keep putting one paw in front of the other

Hey Tranq! Be careful you don't work away the lingering effects of your vacation......I hate it when that happens!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!
                Back to work for me.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Uh Oh!
                  Alone in the nest...........it's chilly in here :H

Well, hope everyone had a good day - I did!
                  My daughter & son-in-law dropped in unexpectedly so I took them out for lunch. Afterwards we ended up here : Gourmet Swiss Chocolate and Chocolate Confections | Neuchatel Chocolates

I live in the middle of nowhere but have a Swiss Chocolatier at my disposal. What more could I ask for :H

Wishing everyone a safe & warm night in the Nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fluff - "Also -found that Breyers makes low-carb ice-cream" Ooh. That is dangerous news for me... ice cream. Mmmm. My mouth is watering. And zero calories you said? ;}

Hippy - "yes I do play golf (very badly and not often enough)". I'm just a hopelessly addicted hacker! But I keep trying - I am kind of passionate about the game. Your place sounds nice. I need to move closer to a course/range. I never used the subliminal cd much, but used the sleep cd alot. Never dreamed of whales, but it did strike me as strange sounding once of twice when I was half-asleep in the middle of the night. I do believe they work though.

Mmm. Lav - everyone's hitting on the cocoa-beans huh. Those chocolates look great.

Take care everyone.
                    tw
                    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight-Tranq and Lavande-Fluff's off to bed! Hope y'all had a good day-see ya tomorrow morning-bright and early!
                      Luv, Fluff
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

How dumb is this..... I am bored so I thought I'd get drunk.......

I havent and cant cause I am work and hopefully will be over this feeling by the time I knock off.
                        Just thought I would come here instead.
                        HC
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning!-Fluff is on day 4- not feeling cravings very tired-it's 6:25 a.m.-
                          Hippy- boredom is always a trigger for me-glad you are at work-don't give in!
                          Have a happy day all!
                          Luv, Fluff
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hippy Chick - sure hope you made it through OK! Coming here was always a safe & helpful 'lifeline' for me

Fluff, Happy Day 4! Hope you have a great day!

Hey Tranq, it's Friday & that's a good thing!

Very cold here today & tomorrow - Brr! Will be burning a lot of firewood for extra warmth.
                            Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon everyone,

Day 13 for me- dum dum dum, Friday the 13th! I hope everyone has a happy and sober weekend. As I keep reminding myself, last weekend I didn't drink and had just as enjoyable a weekend as if I had. Even better, for that matter, as I slept well and didn't have to deal with the effects of a foggy brain from overzealous alcohol consumption. I totally relate about boredom paving the way for drinking. In my own case, I've found reading or signing on here to be a great help. Good luck to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

JB I'm a day behind you I'm on Day 12, almost done now and another AF weekend looming and it's not worrying me like it did last weekend... We sat down for dinner tonight and I hadn't even realised my h/b was drinking wine with his meal until he topped his glass up, I guess the sups are working now.

Fluff day 4 hope you're still going strong and Hippy Chick hang in there and the craving will pass,

Hang on in there guys:l:l
                                WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Working...
                                X