Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Silence, JB days 12 and 13. JB sounds like this Friday the 13th is a good luck charm.

Fluff - day four - yay! And no cravings - yay! This stuff works pretty good if you add some determination and common sense into the mix.

Hippy - boredom is a tough one. I knew it was a trigger for me too - and was bored once so went looking for a definition of boredom on the 'net. I always remember two quotes: "Boredom is a desire for desires." - Tolstoy. and... "The cure for boredom is curiosity - there is no cure for curiosity." - I forgot who said that. But it made me realize that it can be self-inflicted. Its hard a times but its why I try to keep myself busy.

Yep Lav. Cold here - zero this morning. Brrrr.

Take care all!
    tw
    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy Nesters,

Gettiing kind of late but wanted to check in!

Silence & JB - good job - both of you
      You will find yourselves getting happier & happier as the AF days add up - honestly!

Hippy, boredom, anger & lonliness were always big triggers for me. I found the simple act of changing routines to be very helpful. Just mixed things up, changed grocery stores, etc., all kinds of little changes helped me out a lot.

Still very cold here tonight Tranq but it is above Zero

Wishing everyone a warm & comfy night in the nest.
      See you all tomorrow!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening fine feathered friends,
        Tranq--I got such a kick out of reading that you were so bored once you went surfing for the definition of boredom. lol! I'm gonna be chuckling about that for a while. Then I'll probably google boredom, too--but you provided some great quotes that'll keep me for a while. That's one thing I just love about the net--it's like having the biggest encyclopedia set ever plus friends!
        Way to go, Leave, on day 12--you are cruising now!
        Gotta add a drum roll to your "dum dum dum" Beam--you hit it on the head with the retrospect piece in realizing the weekend can still be enjoyable (and even more so because the shame and guilt part was left out of it). That was a biggie for me to believe--but the more af time the more I believed it.
        Hey Fluff--good work on Day 4--and it can be work, eh? Boredom was a trigger--having too much to do was a trigger--being sad a trigger--being happy a trigger--working hard a trigger--not working hard enough a trigger--being tired, being energetic. Geez louise. It is so worth the work to start feeling free from that trap. Keep going--you can do it, Fluff!

Well--early bed for me--not quite as lively as other Friday nights past, but I'll guarantee my Sat. morning will be more lively!
        Stay strong--Open
        "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Open.

Great to hear from you!

You're so right! It's Saturday at 6am here. I'm awake and fully functioning. Gonna get to the gym early 'cause I have a really full day ahead of me, involving physical activities and fun with other people. Those are things I'd never dream of planning before 5pm on Saturday - Ha!

Yep. It's amazing what you can learn when you're bored -- besides, I'm pretty easily amused (as I'm sure you gathered).

Gotta run.
          Take care.
          tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5-but mad

Day 5 for Fluff- I am pretty ticked off at my husband- I asked him not to bring home any gin- and he did- he just didn't bring it out till I headed off to bed a t 10:30. I came downstairs to get some water and there was the bottle on the counter. I didn't say anything, just went back to bed. I thought he would be in this with me. I am so disappointed. Well, at least I slept well-and I'm not waking up feeling like crap. I hope he feels that way. like crap.
            Hi Tranq, Lavande-Hope you're doing well- I like this nest...
            Open-it's a good feeling to start the weekend feeling good-,
            Hippy-did you do okay-remember the crap feeling of hang-overs-don't give in-
            JB and LIS- keep on going with the accumulated days-I bet your livers are thanking you.
            going to have my Starbucks Cafe Verona -I got at the supermarket ( on sale) I normally don't splurge on myself like that but... I deserve it!
            Luv, Fluff
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Brr, it's chilly inmy end of the nest Think Spring, think Spring

Greetings to open, fluff, Tranq, JB & Leave - wishing all of you a terrific AF Saturday. Have fun & do all the things you couldn't do if you were dealin with hang overs today

We are helping our daughter & son-in-law move this weekend - sure hope the snow holds off!!!!

I'll check in later
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Nestlings checked in today?? Oh well, I'm here anyway!

!6 degress outside right now Tranq & about 2 inches of snow on the ground - enough for me
                Everything should be nice & frozen in the morning when we help the kids move..............I hope at least we get some sun

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest - the night light is on!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Lav still cold here but we managed to miss the snow. Good luck on the weather for the move tomorrow. Go slow if its slick. Ah, go slow even if its not slick. Moving is no fun.

Fluff day 5 - great! Ignoring the bottle on the counter - priceless! Remember you can't change others, and can't expect life to be perfect - or even fair. Yes, it would be nice if... but you have a right to be happily waking up sober.

Hello to anyone else who might fly in.

Take care.
                  tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Feeling much better today. A lot more positive.
                    Lav - is that 16 degrees in celcius or fahrenheit?
                    Fluff - yes I did resist. Reallllllly hard work on Friday but made it thru thankfully. And I too love waking up not having to move slowly trying to work out what bits hurt. Do I need to throw up? Do I have any unexplained bruises?
                    Sending lots of sunshine and warmth to those who need it.
                    Hippy Chick
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

When I see my H/B drinking now and getting repetitive and boring I actually feel superior and dare I say it a little bit smug - long way from where I was a few short weeks ago! People drinking and getting a bit stupid do annoy me tho' causing a few niggles with H/B cos I am being a bit sharp with him - tough! he chooses to put the poison in RIGHT!!!!!
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Reporting in from the frozen end of the nest again!
                        I'm not real interested in doing a lot of heavy lifting on icy surfaces today Tranq - think I'll put myself in charge of food & unpacking boxes for the movers today!

That's 16 degrees Fahrenheit Hippy Chick Very cold!
                        Congrats on getting through the weekend unscathed - there will be tough times ahead for all of us but drinking won't make them any better

molly, people really do look stupid when they're drinking too much - don't they???
                        I say a prayer of thanks every morning & every evening that I do do that anymore

I just posted this on another thread but I think I'll post it here as well. I borrowed this from Quitnet this morning!

Choose to feel good

Choose to feel good and your actions become more effective. Choose to feel good and you'll see opportunities that you otherwise would have missed.
                        Choose to feel good and you'll attract positive, helpful people into your life. Choose to feel good, and events will work in your favor.

Choose to feel good, and you'll find a reason to persist through the most difficult of challenges. Choose to feel good, and the problems will not be able to overwhelm your spirit.

Choose to feel good, and your creativity will flow. Choose to feel good, and your days will be purposefully productive.

When you choose to feel good, it costs you nothing and it causes no harm to anyone else. In fact, when you choose to feel good you create much more value for yourself and for those around you.

So whatever life may send your way, choose to feel good. The joy you give to life cannot fail to make it better.

-- Ralph Marston

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Lav, from Newark. Sitting here holding my sleeping gdaughter on my chest. What a feeling....how about that snow? Is your daughter moving close by to you? Hope you don't have to lift too much and hopefully the roads will be cleared for you. Have a great Sunday!

K.
                          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 6 for Fluff- Morning all- having a nice cup of coffee on this really cold morning!
                            Hi Hippy, Tranq, Lavande, Grateful-and Molly!
                            Husband did not drink last night!
                            Luv, Fluff
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning...

Fluff how are the days? I think I will spend a few moments to write about the journey. Is today day 6 or was yesterday?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning. Congrats Fluff Day 6 today or yesterday?

HippyChick... when I first read "Do I need to throw up? Do I have any unexplained bruises?" I thought wow... that's tough and then I realized I have been there, many times, just another humbling and perfect wake up call, thanks! (hugs)

I am trying to find the monthly abstinence or too box thread? Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X