Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Loveless;1587862 wrote: I DO want this more than anything, if I dont stop I am going to die. I know that much....
    I do not know how I am going to tell my doctor or what i am going to say to herr...I have had seizures from not drinking, and I wake up every morning shaking violently...i tookk and online quiz and it said im a stage 4 alcoholic, i am just nervous because my doctor doesnt even know i have a problem at all, let alone how bad it is....also, i am worried she will be angry about me drinking with my rheumatoid arthritis meds, which can cause serious damage.....i am hoping for a way to stop and get me through the withdrawal without seizures, but i do not want to go to rehab because i dont want to leave my son alone with my husband (who also drinks) i dont know what i would tell him too.....
    Hi Loveless,

I'm going to stick my fat beak in here. Good move re your doc appointment. It sounds like you will need a medically supervised detox. When you say 'rehab' for a week, you mean a 6-8 day detox stay right? Given that a home detox looks very dangerous from what you've described (seizures, shakes), i reckon you may need to prepare for a week detox stay. Of course, if you go with this option, you will need to arrange someone to look after your son. A bit of mucking around, but an inpatient detox will be much safer, plus you may learn a couple of strategies whilst there, although a detox stay is different to a longer term rehab, where coping strategies are more of a priority.

You will also need a plan to stay off the booze when you finish your detox. I suggest you be totally honest with your doctor and tell her how it is, warts and all. For me, when i've been at my lowest, being honest with myself, and medical people if i use them, is a big plus and a positive move forward. Keep us posted, and all the very best on your journey. It's great to see you here posting.

Take care everyone.

Day 30 y'all. Yeaah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all. Just a quick check in.

Bydie - did you really say 22 cats? That's a lot of cats

Strong - congrats on 37 days!!

Sanchez, I meant to answer this a couple of days back. I reached out to sixty four and we had a nice conversation. But then I didn't hear anything more. So 64 - if you are out there lurking, please come back. We miss you.

Stay strong everyone.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gwawky MAE Nesters !

I put together a few numbers for Christmas and News years. I got a few from Roll Call and a few stragglers I could find outside of that thread. Now I spent a good deal of time on all this so..keep them numbers the same so I dont have to re-do the math :h

Rollcall November 20 ( Plus Christmas :bday1: and New Years :dancin: )

ISAIC - Day 37 ( 72 and 79 )
        Lifechange day 81 ( 116 and 123 )(!! JVo yesterday on the big 30!! and Kairo today!! YAYYY -- you're both walkin' the walk and I'm very happy for you..)
        Broken Halo day 39 ( 74 and 81 ) (well done j-vo and kairos!)
        Eloise. -Day 3 ( 38 and 45 )
        TJAF - day 114 ( 149 and 156 )
        Wine-no! Day 67 ( 102 and 109 )(Congrats j-vo and Kairos! X)
        Rooniferd - Day 11 ( 46 and 53 ) (congrats jvo and kairos!!!)
        Cocoflo - day 3 ( 38 and 45 )
        Kairos - 30 days ( 65 and 72 )wohoooo!!! Good job
        Myluck - 31 days ( 66 and 73 )
        Suesue day 94 ( 129 and 136 )congrats jvo and kairos
        jenniech - day 4 ( 39 and 46 )
        WineBGone - Day 29 ( 64 and 71 )way to go Kairos and JVo on 30 days… I am in your shadow !
        Sanchez - 104 ( 139 and 146 ) WTG Kairos on 30! And, I missed Jvo & Myluck 30 day milemarker yesterday - Yeah!
        Dottie - Day 81 ( 116 and 123 )
        NoSugar - Day 300 ( 335 and 342
        )
        Elvis - Day 7 ( 42 and 49
        )(good job My Luck, JVo and Kairos on 30 days! good job NoSugar on 300 days!)
        Softy - Day 75 ( 110 and 117
        )
        Gambler 72 ( 107 and 114
        ) ( Good job NS ! )
        J-Vo ( 66 and 73
        )
        Willow ( 38 and 45
        )
        Available ( 37 and 44
        )
        G bloke DAY 30 ! ( 65 and 72
        ) Congrats on 30 days !!

Pavati ( 53 and 60
        )
        Dryer ( 106 and 113
        )
        Skullbaby ( 55 and 62
        )
        Allankay ( 481 and 488
        )
        Cat Belle ( 87 and 94
        )
        Byrdie ( 1071 and 1077
        )

Sorry about missing a few of you ( I started looking around for mentions of days..but it got quite time consuming ). So just add 35 for Christmas and add to that 7 more for New Years. I did look for your B-day K-9 .. but you were elusive in posting it ;-)

I would love to carry on with you guys .. but my stomach is requiring my attention. Good lord am I hungry ! I better make some "filler food" with dinner :H

Warm wishes to all.

Dave.
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. how are you dxoing tonight?
          ?That's the problem with drinking,
          If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
          if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
          and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
          ― Charles Bukowski
          :wings::wings:
          Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW Dave that is so kewl....thanks and I have NO intention of changing anything!!!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi dottie congratulations on 81 days that is amazing!
              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lovely how are u doing tonight??
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not doing too bad i suppose. Been having a stressful day though...
                  ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

What are u doing to cope...other than drinking??
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unfortunately, nothing really. and ironically, al is the cause of all of it. just waiting for my doc appointment, coughed up blood today plus i am starting to worry about what my son is starting to think from seeing me with the shakes, drinking, etc, i dont want to hurt him. hes my reason for living
                      ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovey I hope the doc helps u. This is not an easy road but doable. You can do this...
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, i know. I WILL do it. i dont want to live like this anymore. from the moment a wake up its all i do and think about, i cant even function physically without a drink first thing in the morning. I cantt keep doing this to myself or my family any longer.
                          ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Lovely, you are far too young to be in such a pitiful condition. Please reduce your AL intake little by little each day & be sure to EAT! Some of your 'shakes' could be due to low blood sugar. Eat something when you feed your son!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been trying to taper down little by little while i wait for the doc appt. i have made little achievements each day but i still lose all control once i start. yes, eating is something i really need to do more often and i am very underweight but i still get shakes even when i do eat
                              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ive spent the last 30 minutes watching "Rain In My Heart". It's hard to watch.
                                ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                                X