Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Is there anyone who can look after him? What does your husband say?

Comment

Newbies Nest

loveless u need a solid plan..see who can take care of your son..you need to get some help sooner than later.
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

my doc appt is on the 26th. he says he supports me but he drinks too. though he is not physically addicted like i am
        ?That's the problem with drinking,
        If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
        if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
        and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
        ― Charles Bukowski
        :wings::wings:
        Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Would he quit so that he could look after your son? Is there no other family to take him?

Comment

Newbies Nest

i dont know...maybe my grandmother...
            ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

coughing up blood really scared me today
              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really think you should ask. Does she know about your addictions?

Once your son is safe and you know he'll be looked after, you can start thinking about yourself. I don't think tapering etc in the environment you're currently in is working and as has been said, you can't quit cold turkey alone.

Also as has been said, you need to have a plan in place for after. If your husband isn't going to quit to, you and your son can't go back to live with him. It'd be too easy to relapse and be straight back to square one again. That isn't fair on you and it especially isn't fair on your son.

YOU ARE NOT WEAK! If you were weak you wouldn't have come here or be looking for help. It takes a strong person to hold their hands up and admit they need help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

much to do tomorrow so I am turning in. heading to the blanket fort..
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another loooong day at work, another quick check in.

Lovely, I think you should insist on seeing a doctor before the 26th - that sounds too far away.

No sugar has 300 days today! Congratulations and thanks for sticking around and giving us all your support.

Before Thanksgiving I have a concert to get through. I'm seeing one of my favorite bands with an old drinking crew, but we're not sitting with them. I can be the DD with my husband who supports my sobriety. It will be the first time I've seen the band totally sober which is actually pretty exciting. My plan is to have a good dinner and to get a cup for water and drink plenty of that. When they start playing I won't have to miss songs to go get a beer or go pee. Wow - this could be the start of something great. I am nervous that the plan won't work, but I am resolute that it will, if that makes sense. It is important to me to open Day 53 on 12/25!

Sleep tight, nest. See you tomorrow. Day 19, check.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Coffee, rusks, croissants for breakfast (I'm really hungry this morning - wish breakfast would appear out of thin air)

Dave, that AF advent calendar is lovely, thanks. (You missed me as well, but Strong and I have the same quit date)

Lovely - how are you doing? Is there any way in which you can limit the amount of booze that you have at home? I know hubbie drinks as well, so it may be difficult, but can you try to only keep enough on hand to taper, but not so much to go overboard?

Enjoy a wonderful AF Thursday, Nesters!
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav
                        your plan will work because you want it to. You will have a great time.
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the advent calendar Dave, that was so sweet

No Sugar, well done on your 300 days, an amazing achievement! And thank you for everything you do for us. :l:l

Elvis, you are rocking it again, well done on your 7 days buddy! :goodjob:

And G Man, 30 days of rocking the casbah, awesome job!
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave you are a gem to think of that. Thank you

Well i basically showed wedding pics to patients at work today so that made my day go quick. I have figured anyone who wants to see inbox me as i so cant post pics on this site. She was such a beautiful bride and i thank god for professional makeup artists, well worth the money.

Struggling today, my mother is not leaving till the 26th november, she is not talking to me but is to my boys so my house is full of love and peace (yes sarcasm). My daughter has been having horrible anxiety attacks over what mum said to her and since i am a sufferer i am so not happy about that. She as usual has turned our lives upside down and from a happy and content family we have gone to walking on egg shells. I'm finding it hard to find a positive in all of this but I am here and would not want to be anywhere else. Thank you for listening.

Congrats Mr G on 30 days, you go boy! NS 300 days, wow so close to a year, we can all do it if we get in the right mindset.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless - I really feel you pain and understand your dilemma. How old is your son? I can see from your posts that you really love him and want what is best for him. He really really needs you!!! What if, in the middle of the night, he suddenly became ill. Who would be there to take care of him? Believe me, I talk from experience. When I am drinking, I pass out at night. There is no such thing as sleep for me when I am boozing. You could walk into my bedroom and bang pots and pans together and there is a good chance it would not wake me up. Needless to say, I would be useless in an emergency situation. So, one thing that really motivates me (among many many others) is my desire to stop neglecting my children. Because me being too drunk to take care of them is neglect on my part, in my opinion. I know that sounds harsh and I am not trying to preach.....I am relating to your situation and explaining how I am looking at this as it relates to my kids......so if you are having trouble doing this for yourself, think about your son who is probably worried sick and may not even understand why he feels that way! (I grew up with a severe alcoholic so understand his probable fear and anxiety)
                              I am thinking of you and hope you are ok today.
                              Please take care of yourself....
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I have another busy day ahead so I'll just wish everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!

Lovely, stop procrastinating & get yourself help. There is no point in delaying, your situation & health are only going to get worse. Please get some help today!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X