Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

G-man 30 days shows hard work and dedication. I am very proud of you. :guitar1:
    Nosugar 300 days. Wow!:wave:
    Available I am glad you are with us. You know you can do it. A positive. The 26th is very close. Just hang in there. One of the reasons I don't drink is I don't want to be that person. Unhappy with myself and making those around me miserable.
    Lovely Lav is right. Go today. Make it happen. Every sober day is a blessing.
    Have a good Prethanksgiving with your dad Dottie.
    Have a great af mae everyone.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, 300 hundred AF days are brilliant!

Thank you for all you support and wisdom here in the Nest and elsewhere - I hope you know how much we appreciate it.
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

another morning full of violent shaking, puking and guilt/shame/remorse. i am putting an end to this. im not waiting until my doc appt i am going to a walk in clinic today to see what can be done. I puked up blood this morning and am too sick to take my son to the library. I am sick of doing this to myself and my son. My goal was to stay under 1 1/2 bottles of wine last night. instead I drank 3 1/2 bottles and some vodka shots throughout the day. I feel like a failure. If I keep this up much longer i am going to die. no question. but i dont know if id be too scared to go to detox or rehab and also i would not want to leave my son alone. Im sure he would be fine but what would i tell him about why mommy is going away for a week + shakes all the time, etc....
        ?That's the problem with drinking,
        If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
        if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
        and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
        ― Charles Bukowski
        :wings::wings:
        Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you! Go NOW. Don't wait - trust that all is as it should be. GO NOW.
          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless,i posted on your thread yesterday go get help NOW,i know youre worried about your son,but if this keeps up youre not going to be around for him period! please get help today,you cant do this alone,my thoughts are with you
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

well,I cannot go right this minutee. but i am going today definitely
              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't believe you will.
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Believe me, I am. I cannot keep doing this to myself and my family. I am sick of waking up every morning with the shakes and feeling like crap. its gona on long enough. and especially where ive been puking/coughing up blood the past couple days, i woud say the situation is urgent and cant wait til next week.
                  ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

You need to get some medical attention ASAP Loveless.

You want to do something about it, I know.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. I feel like I am on a totally different time frame than the board some days!
                      Lovely, check in when you can. I am going to be around much of the day, snowing and icy roads so a bit housebound today. One thing that you have accomplished is bringing your situation to a head. Who know how long this could have kept going on if you didn't seek help. YOU AND YOUR SON deserve better. YOUR husband will have to take a back seat for now Love He seems to be turning a blind eye to your health and he doesn't 'seem' to be engaged with his child from anything I have seen here. YOU have to put yourself and you son first and seek out help in REAL LIFE. You need to do something more tangible than posting here. I swear if I were within a few hundred miles of you, I would come take your son for you while you detoxed.

Willow
                      Sleepless nights have got to make the school day tough on you! You keep yourself and the kids pretty darn busy, I bet on the days of no sleep the swimming feels great! Is it a community center that you go to? Open swim hours everyday?

Saw a 300! 300 for No sugar and a 30 for Mr G !! That's truly inspiring.

Someone gave me directions on how to make the posts more than boring, I am going to try that today! I want to get one post up first to not Risk loosing it!

This thread is close to 1 million views! :0

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless,i hope you go today sweetie that was aLOT of alcohol yesterday,and the blood is serious you never know what's going on inside,i dont want anything to happen to you,please go
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still feeling rubbish from my weekend binge. That is a massive sign I have really overdone it. I have cancelled loads of work this week and all I want to do is sleep or cocoon myself on my bed surfing the web. I'm self medicating with food, and my insides feel pickled.

It is weird, I feel kind of sad. I had created this kind of fake world where AL and drugs gave me a connection with others. After my performance at the weekend, I realise it is a lonely place. Sure I meet people, but I never see them again. This world is like a bubble. Every time I drink I end up at the same club in the exact same routine. It's like a safety net for me. I have vowed never to go there again.

Need to stop self medicating with food and need to get some nutrients down me. Definitely don't feel like working out.

I need to create a new life. I am even considering emigrating in the next year if I can get my shit together. I definitely need a new routine.

A family member even said I am no fun anymore. I never want to joke around. That's so true when I am stuck in this cycle.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stopping by on my way to work. Missed you yesterday, G-man. Way to go on 30 days!

Lovely, I'll pipe in as well. GO NOW! I agree with Jenniech that you are endangering your son more by not going than going. And yourself.

I'm starting day 20. I like those nice round numbers. Stay sober today, nesters. See you tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LONDONER You sound like a great young man! Where are you thinking about going to next year?
                              I was more worried about the stimulants than the alcohol when you posted about the binge. What type were they and how many? That is a long time to feel crappy.

Pav
                              Congrats! I haven't been drunk or buzzed now in 11 days. Had a few sips on Tuesday... My reaction wasn't the normal, suck it down reaction happily, my emotional response was 'let's drink' the physical response was "ewww". lol Lucky for me they were in conflict.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad you're planning on getting help today Lovely - I hope you go through with it.

Isty - that's what I like about homeschooling. We can take it easy if none of us are really feeling too energetic that day, then on other days if they're really enjoying something we can just keep going for as long as we like. This week we've been mainly concentrating on DD's music as she has a violin recital tomorrow night. She's feeling really confident so I'm glad we're able to dedicate as much time as she wants to it. She also plays guitar - 6 years old! She's a great kid. Plus she goes horse riding as well as me taking them swimming each week. Yes, it's a local pool but the waiting list for lessons is stupidly long so I'm teaching them myself. DS is only 4 so he doesn't really do any activities yet ( apart from swimming) but the kid is a bit of a Maths/ games genius! Luckily he really enjoys that, that's his thing.

We viewed a house this morning - it was lovely but too small. We've only just started looking though so early days.

Day 4 guys! Feeling pretty ok too!

Comment

Working...
                                X