Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NS, just wanted to say congratulations for your 301 days!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello how is everyone doing today?
      ?That's the problem with drinking,
      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
      ― Charles Bukowski
      :wings::wings:
      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS NS on your 300 AF days = awesome!
        Now you can begin your countdown to your 1 year anniversary

G, Congrats on 30 fella! I've lost track of you, hope you are OK1

Welcome back Coco, great on 4 days - keep going
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fed up of so many things relating to drink - TV, Facebook pictures, memories etc. etc.

Alcohol needs to piss off!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, it is a bit nuts Londoner - but unless we're all going to up and move to the jungle, we need to learn to ignore it I think!

I was thinking earlier - I joined this site 2 years ago and I've been here on and off. Today I've still only got 4 days under my belt - BUT I've come a long way all the same. All the AF days in total I have racked up (I have no idea specifically but I'm sure it's still more than the days I drank as I didn't drink every day). I no longer have triggers food-wise eg 2 years ago I couldn't make a roast or a curry or chilli without breaking open the red. I don't feel so uncomfortable passing the wine aisle of the supermarket. I've even been in the local shop a couple of days ago and not felt bad that I wasn't buying wine.

That's not to say I'm all ok and perfectly safe - this fight is far from over. I just think it's very easy sometimes to beat ourselves up over our cravings or our 'bad thoughts' and we should be nicer to ourselves.

I'm really surprised that today has been ok. I think cos I've been busy. Really seems like that is key - as well as food!

Comment

Newbies Nest

congratulations willow on 4 days! thats amazing!
              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just reflecting. The last 10 years of my life have been a big fat lie.

Alcohol has stopped any progression in life. I've made and lost so many 'friends' that you feel more isolated than ever.

Don't wanna feel like this at 35.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know how you feel. I used to have so many friends but now it feels like im frozen in time while everyone else around me continually moves forward.
                  ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

There's a very good chance that you WONT feel like this at 35 Londoner - because you're sorting it now. Probably won't even feel like this at 30. You're ahead of the game and you know that it has to stop - lots of people just bury their heads in the sand because they don't want to face that they have a problem and don't have the strength to stop it anyway.

I noticed that you're setting quite long term goals - maybe it's better to just go with the one day at a time strategy? I know that if I said to myself, 'Right, let's get 30/60/90 days done' I'd completely panic and go get drunk! I just can't handle long term aims - I don't think a lot of us can in the early days. It's too much.

Do you read? I recently ordered a couple of books - one I've read, the other (Allen Carr) I'm saving for when the cravings kick back in. I do love reading though so I'm currently reading 'Pride, Prejudice and Zombies' - hilarious and nice not to be completely focussing on my AL fight all the time. I don't know about you, but sometimes it seems so all consuming I get quite down about it and overthink it. Not a good road for me to go down.

I hope you start feeling better soon - are you eating and drinking plenty of good stuff?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely, how are you? Did you get out for a walk with your son? Did you organise a place for him to stay and get to see a doctor?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did organize a place for him t ostay but not until the day after tomorrow, but no to the other two thinngs...I really wasn't feeling very well today and my ankles are really swollen. My husband took him out though...
                        ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

At 50 days I felt great before - a new guy.

I've read Allen Carr before - when I was 19 after a bad experience as a result of drinking.

I live in shame. This is my outlet. No one knows my problem.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just seen a great quote from Will Smith on Facebook:

'Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions'.

I think we could easily substitute the words 'people who do' for 'something that does' - the something being alcohol.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner no one knows but u folks about my problems with AL either...even dh is clueless...he thinks we will go back to drinking wine again someday....but I will continue to move forward.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wouldn't mind betting that some of your friends feel exactly the same as you Londoner. It's just no-one likes to admit it. I had a conversation with a friend yesterday and told her I'd quit - but I said it was to be more healthy/lose weight etc. Which is true also but I'd never tell her the real reason!

Lovely, that's good, I'm glad your son will have somewhere safe. So - what's the next step? Can you at least talk to your doctor on the phone if you're not feeling well enough to go out? What have you drunk today?

Comment

Working...
                                X