Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Before I fly off I MUST give props to NoSugar for over 300 DAYS!!! Holy Moly, I am SO proud of you. Your calm reassurance and determination is such a welcome site here. You came in, identified the problem, and you set a plan to fix it. It doesn't get any better than that! Congratulations on 300 BIG DAYS!!!
    :alf:

You must feel like a giant monkey is off your back, I know I do!!

Guitarista, around here, 30 days AF scores you a hat!

:goodtime:

We are so thankful to have you here in the nest, what a wonderful addition you have made to all of us!
    Whether you are day 1 or 1000, every day you stay sober is a WIN!! Protect your quits with everything you've got!!!
    Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello, how is everyone tonight?
      ?That's the problem with drinking,
      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
      ― Charles Bukowski
      :wings::wings:
      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

AWESOME NO SUGAR!!!!:goodjob: A total inspiration!!! :l
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

It was a nice dinner and visit with dad. Lots of family came which was so good for the other residents..we done see many folks come to visit...it is hard sometimes but it is what it is and I am glad he is someplace safe..
          Mindless TV tonight and need to pay some bills tomorrow and hit Costco. Such an exciting life.....
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar - Wow, 300 days! You are a true inspiration, and one of the most calm, rational voices on MWO. I am in awe of your strength, and determination. We are fortunate to have you here. Way to go!!
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey all
              ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Loves....hope you're doing ok. I know you are going to the doctor in a couple days...so I just need to say this...IF you are drinking tonight (I'm not assuming you are, I'm just saying "IF") please go at a slow pace and drink lots of water in between ok? Just worried about you.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you for worrying...but im ok
                  ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Lovely, I truly hope you are taking it easy tonight & plan to do just a bit better tomorrow as well. Glad to hear you have a plan set in motion. We are all behind you 100% but you have to make the commitment, right?

Greetings to everyone else & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well if for no other reason, you guys need to stay AF so you can earn one of these!!!:
                      :alf:

Thanks again for all the support - it flows both ways :h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters,

No Sugar! Wow for 300! Congratulations!!!!!!

Pav, the sober concert sounds wonderful. I love seeing live music. Haven't done much of that sober, but am excited to go and enjoy something I love and "get down" a little without falling over.

G - congrats on your 30!

Elivis - keep it goin!

Lovely, so glad to see you're going to get help on Saturday. You're in my prayers sweetie, as is your little boy.

Londoner, you're feeling very down, but start your plan. Start writing down every good thing about your life. See the goodness in yourself. I can certainly see and feel your sensitivity and caring self. Do you keep a journal? Sometimes writing things down that frustrate you can help. How about seeing someone that can help you sort things out? We all can use that, and I know it's helpful for me.

Available, Glad to see you're back on girl. I've read where you and Mossrose were posting and what you wrote earlier today. You've been through lots and you're a very strong woman. And congrats on your daughter's wedding!

Willow, the everyday tasks that you mentioned that are easier to do today that you couldn't do two years ago is major progress. You had a slip, but you didn't lose everything that you gained these past two years. It's not lost. And that's such an excellent point. Thank you!
                        and Willow, I'm going to write your edited version in my journal if you don't mind..."Stop letting something that does so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions. Amen, sister!

DottieBelle, Ohio! We're neighbors. Here in PA. Yep, cold and trees are bare.

Coco - congrats on day 4!

To everyone, have a great night!
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am trying....believe me...im trying so hard..
                          ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night everybody, feeling a little under the weather last couple of days - I think I got cold while jogging outside - if is really cold. Congrats on your achievements!!!
                            AF since 10/20/2013
                            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                            Meat free since 09/20/2008
                            ---------------------------------------
                            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone,

Well, after realizing that I was a day off in my af count, I relived day 19 again. Another wonderful, sober day 19. Reminds me of that Steely Dan song - http://youtu.be/ipc9pL27krs[/video]]Hey 19 (yes, I am dating myself, but since K-9 called her youthful 41 and old geezer, I have to fight back . K-9 I work with teen agers (by choice) and their clothes bug me WAY more than their musical choices - yikes, leave something to the imagination.

I had an upset at work today and usually my first reaction would have been, "I deserve a drink." Well - it occurred to me as I was breathing through my anger, but not for a little while, and then it was only a fleeting thought. I actually thought of other things besides alcohol that would best help me deal with my anger FIRST. Wow, that was pretty amazing. When the al thoughts did wend their way in, I was able to dismiss them pretty easily. Now my anger has subsided and I am not going to have a hangover tomorrow on top of having to deal with the issue. Seems so logical, right?

Londoner - I am so happy for you that you are dealing with this at such a young age. It might be harder but it will result in more years of freedom. I actually know a lot of younger people who don't really center activities around drinking like I know I did - I think healthy is more trendy these days.

Willow - glad to see you right back on the wagon. J-Vo, I hope you keep track better than I can - I think I'm 13 days behind you. Let's keep it that way.

Dottie - My dad was just in the hospital and I got a taste of what the elder care years will be like. You are very strong for what you are going through.

Sorry I can't write to you all tonight - I have to make dinner for the kids. I might try to check in again before bed. The real day 19 is almost done. I hope everyone has strong af plans for the weekend. To mis-quote our wise mentors here in the nest, a Friday is just another day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters ..

Just a real quicky tonight ( Yes I think I mean it..lets see how it turns out lol )

Had a good day at work .. got my main project just about wrapped up and Im ready to move on to the next one. Had picked up the boys with excitement and dinner turned out excellent but it was short lasted when 8 o'clock rolled around. There were things said by them that I was not aware of. Wow..things Need to change and hopefully this coming monday they will. Or at least give me some Idea of my next step in all this. Bottom line is that they Need to spend A lot less time with the grandparents and more time with either mom or myself. Sounds to me like Combined both mom and I have less time than with 'grandma'. WTF ?! You can see hope starting to fade from them..this needs to be addressed and Soon. Unfreakingbelievable .. Sigh. Unreal. I guess Im no longer feeling bad for mommy anymore. Screw that !

Other than that everything is going as well as to be expected. Just everyday stuff that anyone has to put up with.

Wishing everyone a great rest of the day or night .. be good

Dave
                                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Working...
                                X