Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dave, my GF's in laws were so despicable they threw a football she had given her oldest son for Christmas on a neighbors rough and told him that any gifts from there mom were a waste of time and money...

Some people are so mentally ill that all we can do is keep away from them as much as is humanly possible...family included I'm afraid... :no:

Stay Strong, big guy. You're doing great and your not alone!

:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rough= roof..

darn auto correct!
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
        This is my 19th day and my first post. Years ago, I read My Way Out and listened to the hypnosis CD. I think I lasted a few weeks, then went right back to drinking. This time, I am taking supplements and doing the hypnosis, eating well, trying to get enough sleep and taking supplements. I haven't had a craving yet, but I am afraid that I will. Like many of you, I have quit completely or moderated my drinking countless times over the years. I'm 58 and tired of this. I've enjoyed reading on the forum and look forward to coming back every day.
        Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, HumbleRider and CONGRATULATIONS on already having 19 days of success! :goodjob:

You've come to a great place to help you keep it up.

Have you looked through the Toolbox? Your plan to come back daily is a good one. The connection really helps. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NS congratulations and thank you for sticking around to help others. You inspire us all!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Humble welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Busy day in the Dreamy household - all sorts of things happening. It's good to be alive, busy and AF!

Need a quick coffee break - I just made a big pot, so help yourself!

Have a fabulous AF Friday, everybody!
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gidday Nester's near and not so far,

Thanks Byrdy and y'all for your support and kind words. Fab to see so many folks racking up those AF days like pearls. Great stuff on 300 once again NS. We are all lucky to have you here.

Thanks too Dave for that advance AF day map calculation. Cool idea and nice touch mate.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, happy, and magical weekend. We don't need AL to enjoy ourselves or enhance any situation or feeling. It is all a big fat lie.

Take care out there. L8tr, Yo!

xpost. Morning Dreamy!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Weekend, Nesters!

It's fantastic to actually HAVE weekends again; a revelation after quitting drinking!

Planning really is important, particularly if your quit is new. Spoil yourself with treats, do things you love, know the future will be better!

warm wishes,
                    Steady
                    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Gman. No, late afternoon, probably?

Steady, totally agree - it's so good to have real weekends again and not winefests

Comment

Newbies Nest

goodmorning all!!!
                        DAY 5 hangover free!!!
                        but I can't sleep!!! woke up at 4:30 and finally gave up just now. So what is a girl to do at 5:15am? contemplating putting that second coat of paint on my kitchen walls. It would be so nice to bang that out. I think I am going crazy
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie, you sound chipper! Paint the walls, paint a picture, paint your nails... The Sleep Fairy will come back (she might just have been waiting for you to finish the kitchen walls :H)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all doing well today
                            ?That's the problem with drinking,
                            If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                            if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                            and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                            ― Charles Bukowski
                            :wings::wings:
                            Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning boys and girls! Nearly lunchtime here and had a productive morning -- DD had her violin lesson at 9am so DH took her and DS went along for the ride. I had *gasp* 40 minutes to myself. I made a banana cake and got everything ready for our lessons so that time went very quickly. When they came back we got started (we're making an information poster on the difference between snowflakes and hailstones for anyone who's interested), broke for a snack and then I helped DD with her Maths problems. My brain feels a bit fried from that, Maths isn't my strong point!

Friday afternoons we have 'Golden Time' which means that they can do whatever they like. Violin recital at 6pm and DD is very excited.

Hope everyone is ok x

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am going to go for a walk with my son...be back in a little while.....
                                ?That's the problem with drinking,
                                If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                                if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                                and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                                ― Charles Bukowski
                                :wings::wings:
                                Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Working...
                                X