Newbies Nest

Click on here Bp,

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi BP today is day6-
      Jackie-what kind of dog are you today?-He's soo cute, too!
      luv, Fluff
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, I have read there, but I thought someone mentioned a Monthly Abstinence on tool box. Maybe I am missing something.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's nice to read such positive reports from everyone. This is day 15 AF for me, and now that I've successfully navigated through a second consecutive weekend without booze my confidence is getting stronger and stronger. I keep reminding myself how enjoyable my weekends have been without waking up on Saturday and Sunday with a foggy brain. For example, I love to read, but when I'm drinking, a) often I don't remember what I've read, and b) can only concentrate on what I'm reading for so long before my attention turns exclusively to what I'm drinking. However, last night, sober as a judge, I spent a relaxing quiet night in with healthy food, good coffee, and ended up staying up half the night engrossed in a good novel. Today I actually remember what I've read and now look forward to starting my next book with a clear head! For once, I've stayed up all night doing something productive and rewarding. I've pulled many all-nighters in my life, but they've usually involved vegetating, isolating and drinking. I wish everyone well and hope everyone gets off to a solid start next week.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Had a long busy day but it was a good one!

Grateful, my daughter & son-in-law actually moved right around the corner from me - can you believe it?? I'll love having her so near.......tends to get a little lonely in these parts
            I'll bet you had a wonderful day with your grandbaby! We lucked out in the snow dept.......my son works in DC & said they had at least 6" there!!

Fluff - 6 days - great work

BPleasant - glad you dropped in - come back often, we're glad to help in anyway we can!

Hi JC, nice to see you as well!

JimBeam - congrats on 15 AF days! That is wonderful news.......the weekends can be especially nice without hangovers, guilt & general unwellness

I'm just relaxing for a bit after a long day!
            Wishing everyone a warm & cozy night in the Nest - I'll leave the night light on.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi ya everyone--Is it Sunday night already? The weekends do fly--esp when I can look back on it and know I did more than just nurse a hangover. It's also nice to look forward to weekends to actually plan something and know it doesn't have to include how I'm going to sneak my drinking in.

JB--nice job on 15 days! You are so right about the reading a great book and actually remembering it, and looking forward to another. I've been a reader, too, most of my life but found when I was drinking I lost all interest in reading--interfered too much with my alc distraction.

Molly--I used to look at other people drinking too much and thought, "wow--I'm glad I don't sound or look like that when I drink!" But then I saw a video of myself after a night of drinking and I was so ashamed--slurring, saying uninhibited and inappropriate things--yuck. I erased it immediately because I was so wickedly embarrassed. That was a wake-up!

I hear you HC about the unexplained bruises--it's funny now that you mention it, because I have always thought I bruised so easily, but since I've been af I haven't had any! hmmm.

BP, Fluff, Grateful, Lav, Tranq and anyone else coming or going--have a great strong start to your week!
              Open
              "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi.

Lav - "Choose to feel good" - nice. I never believed that it was possible to actually choose until I got some serious af time in me. Now I can. And this weekend has been a pretty awesome one because of that. Thanks.

Hi Hippy, Molly, Fluff, Grateful. Keep it up. You guys rock!

BP - The Toolbox thread is on the 'Monthly Abstinence' forum. Here is the link to the Monthly Abstinence forum. You can also find it on the list of all My Way Out Forums.

JimB
                "now that I've successfully navigated through a second consecutive weekend without booze my confidence is getting stronger and stronger" Great job JB, and it is just going to keep getting more stronger and stronger. Way to go! The weekends were the biggest challenges, and I felt the same way as I was able to deal with them.

Openheart
                "yuck. I erased it immediately" I've never tried it, but I read a suggestion on another site that people tape themselves while they're drunk just for the wake-up call effect of it. Maybe something else to do next time I'm bored. ;} Just kidding.

Take care.
                tw
                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone - lunchtime day 5 AF for me and I've taken myself to the town library, out of tempation's way! Have been reading lots of posts in different forums (fora??) and keep going to the toolbox which is great. Not sure which forum to stick with - you guys all seem to know each other, or about each other, which must be a help. I think I'll stick around here for a while if that's ok. I've been reading the e-book by Roberta - there is so much in there which resonates. I love the bit about butter - wanting to feel about alcohol the same way I feel about butter - enjoying it in moderation, but not thinking about it all day and gorging on it every evening!!! 2 years ago I made 3mo AF, but then went back to drinking even more, so I really feel I have to abstain until I'm confident I've reached the 'butter' stage!
                  OK, bye for now and good luck everyone. Jane.
                  "there's a crack, there's a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, I understand how it may be daunting finding your way in a thread where everyone seems to know everyone else, but they didn't in the beginning. Join in where you feel most at ease and you'll soon become 'part of the funiture'. You'll get to know people in no time, and they you. And of course you're welcome to stick around here.

Well done on Day 5, Jane.
                    Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, I hope its ok if I fly into the nest? I too feel that you all know each other!

I found this site two weeks ago on a day when I was hungover and feeling very low after a drunken friday night. One of those when you wake up horrifed at what you did.

I didn't drink for 11 days. I then thought that I could have a couple of glasses of wine and everything would be alright. But of course it wasn't. My mind started scheming straight away.

So I'm starting again.

I seem to be ok until I have to leave the house. Going to work is ok. I went shopping once and that was ok but it was during the week. Its my daughter's birthday next week. I must not drink.

All the things you all talk about are so familiar. Reading and forgeting and having to read it again sober. Unexplained injuries. I just wasted the whole of sunday with a hangover.

It has to stop.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 7 for Fluff!-It's Monday morning-are we all waking up without the awfull red eyes and splitting headache? Our mouths are not parched and our hands are not shaking?? YES! It's great! After today-it will be one full week-then onto the second week of no alcohol. Want to note-Did not feel any cravings this week-and part of that is probably due to my husband not overindulging and bringing that bottle in the house-except for Friday night.
                        JimBeam-I'm halfway behind you-this must be day 16 for you?
                        Litlle Owl-I think most of us here know you from your original post, and of course, you are welcome as is Jane and Sky-and that's how you get to know everyone-pop your head in and say "Hi".
                        Hi Open-Think of all those weekends we wasted !great to have a clear head!
                        Morning to Lavande, Hippy,TRanq and BP!!!
                        Luv, Fluff
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everyone.
                          Thanks for your encouragement.
                          Open - Dont like the thought of watching myself on video.... the photos I have of me drunk are bad enough. The spaced out look in my eyes is scary. But they are a record of what I did get up to even when I didnt remember myself.
                          Little Owl, Jane everyone one is welcome here. You can never have too many - friends that is not drinks!
                          Hope everyone has a good (sober) night.
                          Hippy
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy-and others-good evening to you! I realized that you are going to bed now as we are waking up on this Monday morning!
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again - yes the time difference is odd - just about to head to bed with a good book (which I will remember reading tomorrow!) as you US guys are starting the day. Today I found an amazing post on the Long Term Abstainers forum - it's called 'feeling very reflective right now' (I haven't worked out how to copy the link) - and is from someone how has been AF for 3 years - their insight into alcohol and what it takes to moved forward is really thought provoking, so if you haven't seen it yet, have a read. Ok, good luck today/tonight everyone. Jane.
                              "there's a crack, there's a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters or Good Evening as it may be,

I want to wish everyone Welcome to the Nest Just find yourselves a comfy twig & settle right in with us! We will all get to know each other in no time. Personally, I joined MWO last February & have been hanging around here ever since. I finally bit the bullet & decided to go AF last March - the best decision I've ever made Life is not perfect but it certainly has improved very much!
                                Regardless of what your personal goals are - stick around, you won't be sorry!

Jane, Little Owl, Sky, Fluff, Hippy & Tranq - wishing you all a terrific AF day.
                                I'll be back later!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X