Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Friday morning!!
    Humble, welcome aboard!! You flew in with 19 days already so we owe you a moon!!
    :moon: !!! We award these for 7 days which is ancient history for you now!! Our next award comes at 30 days, which is right around the corner!

WineBgone and G Man, I hope your hast fit over on roll call, Dot Belle was kind enough to fill in for a traveling Prize Patrol. You and Guitarista are such role models for the nest!

I am a bit lost myself on some recent posts but plan to catch up over the weekend. I do not like to lose contact with my lifeline and I haven't....checked in every day in spite of crazy busy schedule. You MAKE time for the things that are important, and my QUIT is my first priority.

Jennie, I am SO happy to see you! 5 days is fantastic! Your emotions are going to be all over the place....hang in there for your MOON!! It makes all the difference. as you know! Yours is just over the horizon!

Friday IS just another day!!! Not a ticket to Boozeville! You DESERVE to be free of this, stick it out no matter what and no matter who! I survived FAMILY this week! I know you can do it, too!!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMGoodness, Strong, thanks for putting it out there. I read the NN everyday. I cannot describe the discomfort I have felt reading Loveless' posts as in "is this for real"? Or Spam. But if for real, yes, a poor, innocent child is suffering

TMH.
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
        We are still sick with this darn cold thingy...I am up and getting a few things done but dh is staying in bed...he can sleep all day and then feel better so since it is a rainy and dreary day the bed is the best place for him....I will get done what I can and the rest can wait..
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

istym4me;1588697 wrote: LOL I needed this thread this morning!

Well, except for these:

Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) [Official music video HD] - YouTube

I knew when the high school kids thought it was awesome, that I was in for a real "treat" when I looked it up. I like to think I am a pretty HIP mom...but I couldn't take it! I'd rather watch Hanna Montana Twerking on a foam finger...and that's pretty bad!
          OMGOSH!!! So glad I did not have my coffee in my mouth!
          Dont choke Itstym :H I was wondering if anyone else got the twerking on a foam finger reference. HA. Oh my, I am losing my marbles.

Loves, I hope you are doing ok. I know you got up early this morning and walked to the Clinic. You heard what the doctor said about what will happen to your liver if you do not quit drinking. So....now what? Please do not wait until it's too late, you only get once chance with your liver. Thankfully it is a very forgiving organ, and if you stop NOW, it has the chance to heal itself. How is your son? What does he do all day? Please think about the different responses you've gotten here this morning. Sometimes what we need to hear is hard, and definitely now what we WANT to hear. We are concerned about you and your son. He is innocent in this situation. Please, please be careful and get the help you need as soon as you can. We are rooting for you! :h

TGIF everyone!!! GWAWK MAE and all that. I hope you all have a great weekend. Sober Saturday mornings are the best...I wish I had experienced them years ago. Remember, a craving never lasts as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before.

Now get out there and have an amazing sober weekend :l
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lost my freaking post grrrrr... it was a big long one as well! I am too hungry to do it again, maybe later. But while I am here, Hi everyone
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Broken Halo- I want to save that kitten.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie - Day 83
                7 days to the big 90 days AF!!! I am very excited....Thanksgiving wont be a problem..going to friends house so I am good...I have worked too hard to blow it now...I want this!!!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie,

Your enthusiasm has been contagious! Congratulations on all the success you're having. What has been different for you this time?

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

If friends are asking you out for beers, Best to ignore them or tell them you are not drinking?

Even the suggestion of a beer whets the appetite.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't ignore them.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NS I know the support on this site has helped me so much..being able to come here where u folks really do get it gave me a place to vent and whine/cry....also I am seeing a difference in my appearance too...lost some weight and complexion looking better...I have to take care of myself or my dad will be at the mercy of someone in the state who wont give a dam about him. So I think all the above is part of it..And I was just getting so sick and tired of the daily crap that went with planning my days so I could drink...making sure I had enough in the house in case the weather was bad. Was like a full time job...and not a good one...I will think some more but that is some of it
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie
                          good on you there, an alcohol freed day on T Day!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner, if your quit is in earnest, you know the answer, do whatever it takes not to drink...
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love to hear that, Dottie! No reason to change anything now, right? :l

Londoner, publicly proclaiming that you don't drink can help to make it true. On my first AF night out with my Wine and Whine friends, I somehow managed to say that I was done drinking. There were some questions about the change and I (uncomfortably) answered but without giving the gory details. The next time we were together, if I hadn't stuck with my plan, I know there would have been more questions about what had changed my mind back. Well, I didn't want to change my mind and I certainly didn't want to discuss this with them more than necessary, so it was good all around to keep to my program. Now it is just a given that they'll dink around choosing what to drink for about half an hour and I'll have made it through at least one soda water with lime!

I'd say, set your goal (you have), state your plan, and go for it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE and Gwawk to all,

K9 - I too adore sober Saturday mornings (and Sunday mornings for that matter) but how cool to wake up, go play tennis and not smell wine coming out of your pores or feel like you're gonna lose it (and I mean breakfast) after a long rally.
                                Dottie - hope you're feeling better.
                                G'day to the rest of you nesters

Not sure what else to say to help you, Lovely. Some strong feelings have been expressed here about your intent. However, you are the only one that knows your heart and your real intent. You are the only one that knows how serious or if you're serious about quitting. We can plead and beg you to go get supervised help, but that's about all we can do. You are the only one that can make this happen.

You have an added cause for concern here and that's your son. I'm guessing you know this already but you run the risk of losing him to a protective agency. If that isn't enough to scare someone straight, then I don't know what is. Not sure what hubby is doing through all this. I sort of remember that he's not the best support for you, but is he capable of taking care of your son while you detox?

Go take care of yourself first and make sure your son is in good hands if your detox requires you being absent. Then take care of your son the proper way. Give him the best chance to grow up independently and healthy.:h

That's all I'm going to write about this. The intent is not to scare you away, but to get you to take action instead of bemoaning your state.:l

Comment

Working...
                                X